Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots targeting AJ Green
NOOO!!!!!

The Patriots are reportedly eyeing Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green to help out the 42-year old quarterback they’re re-committing to.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/2/14/21137656/patriots-news-aj-green-nfl-free-agents-2020-bengals
Reply/Quote
best place to get a ring!

Reply/Quote
Targeting? That's a pretty serious infraction. Doesn't that usually come with an automatic 1/2 game suspension? Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: NOOO!!!!!

The Patriots are reportedly eyeing Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green to help out the 42-year old quarterback they’re re-committing to.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/2/14/21137656/patriots-news-aj-green-nfl-free-agents-2020-bengals
Franchise and trade for a 2nd or 3rd. I'd be good with that.
Reply/Quote
No way Mikey B does this.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals franchise Green; teams would expect at the very most (and somewhat outlandish) asking price of 1st & 3rd rounders for an aging, recently injured star WR. Brown is such a doof, even if the Patriots offered such, Bengals would likely decline.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No way Mikey B does this
Problem for us is we don't know if Green has lost a step or can play at an elite level in the NFL. 
But we'll soon find out.  If I'm AJ, I'd want to go to place with indoor stadium and practice fields.  So I'd say no to NE.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals franchise Green; teams would expect at the very most (and somewhat outlandish) asking price of 1st & 3rd rounders for an aging, recently injured star WR.  Brown is such a doof, even if the Patriots offered such, Bengals would likely decline.

I would tag AJ and trade him for that in an instant. Sadly, you are probably correct Psych.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals franchise Green; teams would expect at the very most (and somewhat outlandish) asking price of 1st & 3rd rounders for an aging, recently injured star WR.  Brown is such a doof, even if the Patriots offered such, Bengals would likely decline.

I am not sure what the Trade value of AJ is right now but I would offer the Patriots AJ Green and a 5th round pick for their 1st round pick in 2020 (number 23 overall)

Would I be asking too much here ?   Too little ?    What do you all think AJ's value is in a Trade going into 2020 ?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:55 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am not sure what the Trade value of AJ is right now but I would offer the Patriots AJ Green and a 5th round pick for their 1st round pick in 2020 (number 23 overall)

Would I be asking too much here ?   Too little ?    What do you all think AJ's value is in a Trade going into 2020 ?

Depends on if AJ is completely healthy which from everything I have heard he is.

I think that would be asking a little much for his injury history but if he stays healthy it would be a good deal for the Pats.

AJ has proven when healthy to be one of the best WR's in the NFL. That is worth something more than a 23rd overall pick
and a 5th rounder in the crap shoot Draft.
Reply/Quote
of course they are, go win one AJ!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Depends on if AJ is completely healthy which from everything I have heard he is.

I think that would be asking a little much for his injury history but if he stays healthy it would be a good deal for the Pats.

AJ has proven when healthy to be one of the best WR's in the NFL. That is worth something more than a 23rd overall pick
and a 5th rounder in the crap shoot Draft.

Would you do it if you were the Bengals ?  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 03:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: Would you do it if you were the Bengals ?  

Apologize for the past 28 years.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No way Mikey B does this.

only way to stop it is to extend or tag
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 03:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: Would you do it if you were the Bengals ?  

get Burrow a younger WR that will be around and hopefully on the field for the majority of his career.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:55 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am not sure what the Trade value of AJ is right now but I would offer the Patriots AJ Green and a 5th round pick for their 1st round pick in 2020 (number 23 overall)

IF Patriots did that then, yea, do it.  Please Bengals, break the comfort zone and try to improve this team instead of holding on to your toys!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 03:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: get Burrow a younger WR that will be around and hopefully on the field for the majority of his career.

That is what I am thinking.

A receiver that can grow with Burrow and the Patriots pick #23 may provide a good opportunity for one in a deep wide receiver class.

Or get the best offensive lineman, linebacker or just best player at pick #23.

AJ is Great but his injuries concern me going forward.
Reply/Quote

Yes, yes I would.
Reply/Quote
Problem is that teams that might be interested in digning green to a FA deal may not want to give up something in trade for him with $18+ million guaranteed tag contract.
Reply/Quote
Just cause they’re targeting him doesn’t mean they’re going to get him. Ebenezer been chasing a playoff win for 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote