Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pats/Denver
Said pats don't think it's a serious injury. But usually these things look different after 24hrs
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 02:21 AM)tjcase85 Wrote: Any update on gronk? My espn is froze right now...

Quote:The Patriots don't think Gronkowski's injury is serious, and he'll undergo further testing tomorrow, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. Dianna Marie Russini of ESPN.com reported the injury is "not as bad as it looked."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2142802-rob-gronkowski-injury-updates-on-patriots-stars-knee-and-return?utm_campaign=tsiphone&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter.com
Reply/Quote
My guess was a sprain for Gronk... It didn't look like a muscle tear with the way he was moving it... but who knows.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 02:57 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: My guess was a sprain for Gronk... It didn't look like a muscle tear with the way he was moving it... but who knows.

Could be a bunch of different things..hyperextension, bone bruise, dislocated patella. Looking at the injury live looks very doubtful it was ligament damage. Hard to tear em when the legs are in the air. I'd be shocked if he wasn't ready to go in the next few weeks. That being said basically all knee injuries are hard to play on if your job is to run routes, even if it's only bruised.
Reply/Quote
So if he is out for a few weeks they are basically playing the Texans without him . And without the rest of the receivers.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:08 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So if he is out for a few weeks they are basically playing the Texans without him . And without the rest of the receivers.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't play against the Texans. All signs point to this injury not being very serious at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:13 AM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: I'd be shocked if he doesn't play against the Texans. All signs point to this injury not being very serious at all.

Yup. He's fine. He was walking on it as soon as the cart stopped in the tunnel.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:18 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Yup. He's fine. He was walking on it as soon as the cart stopped in the tunnel.

Normally doesn't mean too much. But like I said, leg was in the air and the player just clipped his knee with his pads. The knee didn't bend backwards or sidewards, which is why I think ligament damage / hyperextension is really unlikely. Bruised/dislocated with some swelling at the worst.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Patellar (kneecap) dislocations occur with significant regularity, especially in younger athletes. Most of the dislocations occur laterally (outside). When these occur, they are associated with significant pain and swelling. Following a patellar dislocation, the first step must be to relocate the patella into the trochlear groove. This often happens spontaneously as the individual extends the knee either while still on the field of play or in an emergency room or training room as the knee is extended for examination. Occasionally relocation of the patella occurs spontaneously before examination and its occurrence must be inferred by finding related problems.

Associated problems normally occur with patellar dislocations, the most obvious of which is tearing of the ligaments that stabilize the kneecap itself. As is the case with all other joints, ligamentous disruption or tearing occurs to allow the joint to dislocate. In the case of patellar dislocation, the ligaments on the inside of the knee are the most commonly injured as the kneecap slides laterally. While tearing of these ligaments is unfortunate, they do have the potential to heal. Of much more concern, are the small fragments of cartilage and bone that often are knocked off of the kneecap or the lateral femoral condyle during the relocation of the kneecap. These fragments become loose bodies and usually require removal during an arthroscopic procedure. Patellar dislocations can cause significant quadriceps muscle injuries, which can be made worse due to the effusion within the knee or to early onset of exercises and premature return to play.

Just did some research on patella injuries. Pure speculation, but if it does turn out to be a patella dislocation there are potential for complications. Would also explain why he was in so much pain initially. Apparently this injuries initially hurt like hell. If this is what it is and ligaments are torn from it, it'd likely end his year.
Reply/Quote
Quote: Gronkowski knee injury not believed to be serious, for now

Posted by Mike Florio on November 30, 2015, 12:43 AM EST
Rob Gronkowski, Scott Chandler AP

Patriots fans everywhere gasped when tight end Rob Gronkowski went down with a knee injury, and the look on quarterback Tom Brady’s face as Gronkowski was on the ground justified their worst fears.

So far, the news isn’t nearly quite that bad. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the injury to Gronkowski’s knee currently isn’t believed to be serious.

That assessment could change with further testing. For now, though, the Patriots and Gronkowski have avoided what appeared to be, based on Gronkowski’s demeanor after the injury, a potential season ender.

The actual injury involved no awkward twisting of the knee, and Gronkowski’s leg wasn’t planted when he was hit low. It’s entirely possible that he escaped with no ligament damage.

Via Tom Curran of CSN New England, Gronkowski seemed to be upset about something related to the game as he left the locker room, unrelated to the actual knee injury. It’s possible that Gronkowski was concerned about the perception that Broncos players were aiming low on him throughout the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/30/gronkowski-knee-injury-not-believed-to-be-serious-for-now/
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.facebook.com/MEMES.of.the.NFL/videos/1035377596508928/
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:55 AM)tjcase85 Wrote: My lord, collinsworth loves the pats huh. He can't get off bradys nuts

he's doing what he was told to do. No one makes a spontaneous comment on a billion dollar tv production
Reply/Quote
[Image: watdafack.0.gif]
Reply/Quote