Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pats Pops still running that Gator.
(02-14-2023, 02:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree but believe the Bengals part was not intended to be smack talk aimed at the Chiefs. Believe in the excitement of the moment Hilton said to some teammates  "on to Burrowhead".

Don't think he was trying to make a public statement and was only firing up his own team but was caught on hot mike and the talking heads ran with it quickly. Was just unfortunate and by then too late to put the cat back in the bag and Burrow had owned Mahomes up until that point.

But that stupid mayor running his mouth was ridiculous, embarrassing and definitely threw gas on a fire. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 11:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is there any way we could play KC in regular season next year? I sure hope so.

(02-13-2023, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We are playing them.

As Nico said, yes. Both teams will be playing a first-place schedule, so my guess is we will see them in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 02:26 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: As Nico said, yes. Both teams will be playing a first-place schedule, so my guess is we will see them in the regular season.

The 2023 home and away opponents were already announced on the 9th of January and that includes an away game against the Chiefs.  Here is what the Bengals have on their plate next season:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-team-by-team-opponents-for-every-game

Quote:Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco 49ers, Tennessee Titans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 11:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mike Hilton probably regrets the “Burrowhead” thing.

"Hilton Head" would have worked so well. Could have even said "Hilton Head Island" as the area he covers. Instead, put it all on Joe.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 02:26 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: As Nico said, yes. Both teams will be playing a first-place schedule, so my guess is we will see them in the regular season.

I don't mean to sound ignorant but I thought the only sure thing in the schedule were teams in your division and whatever rotation division you got the next year. I guess tho if I do the math, that's not enough teams. Anyway, with that kind of thinking, can you imagine my surprise that we know 2 years out who we will play? In the past, it appeared to me the schedule release was a big thing. Yet, I guess the release is just knowing when you play the games, while the who was already determined.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 02:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The 2023 home and away opponents were already announced on the 9th of January and that includes an away game against the Chiefs.  Here is what the Bengals have on their plate next season:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-team-by-team-opponents-for-every-game

But why would we have to face the Chiefs twice in their house in back-to-back years? 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 05:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: But why would we have to face the Chiefs twice in their house in back-to-back years? 

During the 2022 regular season the Bengals played the Chiefs at home (Paycor).  They played at Chiefs in the AFC Championship because the Chiefs were the number 1 seed which earned them home field throughout the playoffs.  The regular season opponents for 2023 were determined before the playoffs started based on a rotation they use and regular season standings. 

Most of the schedule is based on a rotation and already determined.  The Bengals will be playing at Chiefs twice in a row though during regular season games as they play at Chiefs again in 2024 if that is what you meant.  But they played at Bengals during the regular season in 2021 and last year. 

Here is the formula they use plus most Bengals opponents listed through 2027 if you are interested:

https://www.bengals.com/schedule/futureopponents

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The schedule is basically determined automatically by sequence and division standings. The one thing I'm not certain of is how they determine the additional non-conference game (Dallas this year, San Fran last year). It goes by division standing and I'm assuming some type of division rotation. However, if you're already scheduled to play an NFC division, and it was that division's time in the above stated rotation, you couldn't play the same NFC team twice.

The Bengals play the Chiefs next season because of division standings (1st place vs 1st place), which is why they'll also play Jacksonville and Buffalo. In 2024, I'm assuming it's their time to play all AFC West teams.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 08:21 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: The schedule is basically determined automatically by sequence and division standings.  The one thing I'm not certain of is how they determine the additional non-conference game (Dallas this year, San Fran last year).  It goes by division standing and I'm assuming some type of division rotation.  However, if you're already scheduled to play an NFC division, and it was that division's time in the above stated rotation, you couldn't play the same NFC team twice.

The Bengals play the Chiefs next season because of division standings (1st place vs 1st place), which is why they'll also play Jacksonville and Buffalo.  In 2024, I'm assuming it's their time to play all AFC West teams.

I think we play every team that made the playoffs this year, next season.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:26 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Like it or not: with this championship Pat is more similar to Brady than he is to manning. Burrow is more similar to Peyton at this point.

Burrow has an uphill climb. The storyline for Peyton was he never had a good defense. For burrow it’s offensive line. Let’s hope the storyline shifts quick. That said, Peyton won 2 super bowls. I’ll take that over none.

He’s played 2 1/2 years. People say he has a style like Brady. Nobody ‘s claiming he’s Brady or Manning or anyone else.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 12:17 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He’s played 2 1/2 years.  People say he has a style like Brady. Nobody ‘s claiming he’s Brady or Manning or anyone else.

I'm just looking at Super Bowl wins/appearances and Mahomes is on pace with Brady. 
Burrow needs to get on the board yet.
Hope to see him do so.

If I'm to make a prediction, it looks to me like post Brady, we're looking at a few great QBs trading off Super Bowls and not having one dominating/winning the vast majority like Brady did. 
Reply/Quote
I'm content if Burrow wins just one Super Bowl. That's all I need to forever be a super happy Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote