Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pats claim Troy Hill off waivers
Pats claimed Troy Hill:

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/patriots-claim-cb-troy-hill-off-waivers-from-bengals?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

So much for moving him back onto the PS. I thought he was better than Chris Lewis Harris. I hope the coaches think so too. Otherwise this move backfired big time.
Reply/Quote
Each time they had to choose, they chose Harris over Hill so yes i would say that Harris offered them more as a player.. as backfiring,, these type of moves happen a lot, I would not be surprised to see Hill not on Patriots roster at some point
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought Hill did a real nice job in preseason. And also in his time on the 53 this season...both on D and on ST.
Reply/Quote
That's a blow. But a risk they took.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we can get him back during the off season by offering him a spot on our 53. Probably an injury pick up by the Pats and won't last through their whole off season.

It would be a shame to lose him permanently, as I believe he will be much better than CLH in the long term.
Reply/Quote
Massholes
Reply/Quote
That sucks, the guy seemed to have potential.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
O well, I had a feeling this was going to happen.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I think Bill is mining our playbook...
Reply/Quote
Meh...I'm not worried about them snatching up our 54th man. Would it have been nice to keep a solid practice squad player around? Sure. It's no huge loss though.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Kinda smells like the Patriots are planning on seeing us in the playoffs.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 02:02 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I think Bill is mining our playbook...

(12-26-2015, 04:59 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Kinda smells like the Patriots are planning on seeing us in the playoffs.

I was thinking the same thing. Hill will have some insight into what we do. Which is what I think the Patriots want with him. Of course, intrigue and conspiracy are unavoidable when talking about the Patriots.
Reply/Quote

YEP.
Reply/Quote

(12-26-2015, 04:59 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Kinda smells like the Patriots are planning on seeing us in the playoffs.

(12-26-2015, 05:09 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I was thinking the same thing.  Hill will have some insight into what we do.  Which is what I think the Patriots want with him.  Of course, intrigue and conspiracy are unavoidable when talking about the Patriots.

(12-26-2015, 08:51 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: YEP.
Yeah, I am with all of you there.  Could just be a pick up because of injuries, but I doubt that.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
GD Billy Bellicheat.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 11:08 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Yeah, I am with all of you there.  Could just be a pick up because of injuries, but I doubt that.

Maybe this an orchestration of sorts by the Bengals, with Hill being a willing participant. Hill provides erroneous info, the Bengals beat the Pats, Hill gets cut and re-signs with us (and receives a generous 'gift' under the table). If everyone else is cheating, then why not?  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 02:49 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Maybe this an orchestration of sorts by the Bengals, with Hill being a willing participant. Hill provides erroneous info, the Bengals beat the Pats, Hill gets cut and re-signs with us (and receives a generous 'gift' under the table). If everyone else is cheating, then why not?  Ninja

Haha!!!!  That wouldn't bother me a bit.  Beat the Cheaters at their own game. lol
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Speaking of practice squad I am shocked the DT from Clemson didn't get snatched off the PS, as much as everyone raved about him I would have thought he would be gone by now.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 01:01 PM)corpjet Wrote: Speaking of practice squad I am shocked the DT from Clemson didn't get snatched off the PS, as much as everyone raved about him I would have thought he would be gone by now.

Doesn't shock me.  He received offers from other teams at cutdown and elected to take our PS offer.

If he was going to choose on his own to stay, it makes sense to stick with it, especially given our track record of loyalty to our own players.

Considering Peko is getting on in years, and we like to give every opportunity to our young players, he has a great shot of sticking around for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 01:01 PM)corpjet Wrote: Speaking of practice squad I am shocked the DT from Clemson didn't get snatched off the PS, as much as everyone raved about him I would have thought he would be gone by now.

Teams might have offered him deals throughout the season, but he rejected them. Matt Toeania did the same thing back in 07 until he eventually took the Bears offer.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote