Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Alexander
Watching Dallas play yesterday was like suffering through recurring night terrors as their offensive line play was so abysmal they could make Zeke Elliott look normal. Little known fantasy fact- heading into the season, when Prescott had Zeke in the lineup he was the #1 fantasy QB. Dallas looks to be a shell of their former team and it's apparent the line play is the reason. If you watched the game the announcers carped on it all day.

And I couldn't help but think about the goddam 23 wasted years we had him as an integral part of our offense. How much of the terrible records were because we employed such an abysmal coach.
Reply/Quote
I think he was a great line coach for most of his time here. But the last few years were horrible. He definitely swung and missed on Ogbuehi and Fisher, which we are still paying for and will continue to pay for. And he seemed to have a view of himself as some super coach who could take a Dennis Roland or a Russell Bodine and turn him into a star through his tactical brilliance. I'm very happy with our new OL coach.
Reply/Quote
He didn't adapt his coaching style. Plain and simple. The game has moved past him but he's too stubborn to admit it.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 11:39 AM)yang Wrote: Watching Dallas play yesterday was like suffering through recurring night terrors as their offensive line play was so abysmal they could make Zeke Elliott look normal.  Little known fantasy fact- heading into the season, when Prescott had Zeke in the lineup he was the #1 fantasy QB.  Dallas looks to be a shell of their former team and it's apparent the line play is the reason.  If you watched the game the announcers carped on it all day.

And I couldn't help but think about the goddam 23 wasted years we had him as an integral part of our offense.  How much of the terrible records were because we employed such an abysmal coach.

Dallas allowed zero sacks and rushed for 138 yards.
Reply/Quote
This is an over reaction. As it was pointed out their day honestly wasn't that bad. Add in to that they are missing one of the top O linemen in the league right now and this seems like grasping at straws.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 11:54 AM)MentalRage Wrote: He didn't adapt his coaching style. Plain and simple. The game has moved past him but he's too stubborn to admit it.

This.  Early in his career, he was an innovator.  He just continued to rest on his laurels and never adapted to changes in the game, nor made changes in his approach to coach to the strength of his talent.  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: This.  Early in his career, he was an innovator.  He just continued to rest on his laurels and never adapted to changes in the game, nor made changes in his approach to coach to the strength of his talent.  

Yep

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Can the mods move thread from former players and coaches to around the NFL? I can't speak for others, but those guys are dead to me.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 11:39 AM)yang Wrote: Watching Dallas play yesterday was like suffering through recurring night terrors as their offensive line play was so abysmal they could make Zeke Elliott look normal.  Little known fantasy fact- heading into the season, when Prescott had Zeke in the lineup he was the #1 fantasy QB.  Dallas looks to be a shell of their former team and it's apparent the line play is the reason.  If you watched the game the announcers carped on it all day.

And I couldn't help but think about the goddam 23 wasted years we had him as an integral part of our offense.  How much of the terrible records were because we employed such an abysmal coach.

PA might be a worse OL coach than i thought.

Those are polished Lineman he is turning into shit...
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dallas allowed zero sacks and rushed for 138 yards.

(09-17-2018, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: PA might be a worse OL coach than i thought.

Those are polished Lineman he is turning into shit...

Yawn
Reply/Quote
How many playoff games did we win with Pauly as offensive line coach?

You only had to watch that game and listen to the announcers to witness how bad it is. What was the #1 line in the NFL is getting kudos for being just okay? Really?
Reply/Quote