Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Alexander
Maybe someone has covered this but I would not be shocked to see Alexander back as o line coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't do this.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
It certainly would not be me to do this but a typical Mike Brown move
Reply/Quote
That will likely push me over the edge, and I've remained calm to this point....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You really think he would want to come back??
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:11 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Maybe someone has covered this but I would not be shocked to see Alexander back as o line coach.

heard he was a well respected O line coach for a couple decades.....

And did preside over some of the best OLines we have had in the last 30 years

just one burning question.... Whos call was it to franchise tag stacey andrews!!!!!
Reply/Quote
He is a regular on Moving the Chains on XM NFL network and honestly has some really interesting insights.

When it comes up he always mentions his close relationship with Bengals management.

I think he would jump at the opportunity. pretty sure he lives in Cincinnati.

I thought the o line was awful under Alexander but they looked like pro bowl quality as compared to the last two years under Turner.

I wanted Taylor fired ( along with Tobin) and an experienced coach with a successful track record and an entirely new staff

so I'm not hoping for Alexander- just saying don't be shocked.
Reply/Quote
I just mentioned this in the other thread. If you're putting betting odds on the new OL hire he has to be in the top 5.

I don't like it more than anyone else, but it's a real possibility. And the way this FO has handled these last few days, I don't think they would have any problem at all in making an unpopular move.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:11 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Maybe someone has covered this but I would not be shocked to see Alexander back as o line coach.

Yeah, it was covered in the “Turner is out” thread...
Reply/Quote
Alexander was one of the best O-line coaches in the league for many years. He won awards and Sports Illustrated even did a feature story on him.

I was one of his strongest defenders, but even I had to admit that he lost his edge at the end of his tenure here.

I don't want him back.
Reply/Quote

I'd do Willie Anderson before Alexander.
Anderson basically was taught by Alexander, so you'd get some of the same techniques.
However, Anderson is beloved by the fan base whereas Alexander left on a sour note with fans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
PA definitely seemed to lose his touch as the years went by. He was also a fixture for so long with the team, I'm not sure he'd ever leave again if he came back. I'd pass. But would not be the least bit surprised to see the team pull him back in. I'm sure there are plenty in the FO who would love to bring him back for another stint.
Reply/Quote
Jim Anderson is who we missed. He developed some of the best rb's here. Not sure what happened to him, and why he disappeared from the game. We haven't had a good running game since.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 06:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Jim Anderson is who we missed. He developed some of the best rb's here. Not sure what happened to him, and why he disappeared from the game. We haven't had a good running game since.

believe he retired...

Then hue took the reigns for a year before becoming OC iirc
Reply/Quote
Not as the O-line coach but if they want to bring him back (and he wants to come back) as a consultant to help out in training camp I wouldn't be opposed. There's a lot of experience there and he helped develop Whit, Big Willie, Levi Jones etc. The new O-line coach is going to be busy with the starters - someone like Alexander could maybe work with developing the UDFAs to see if we can find another Trey Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
I was reminiscing about when Tanner Hawkinson was drafted in the 5th round in 2013. Lapham marveled at his superior footwork, but he was lacking in upper body strength. Alexander was not able to develop him into an NFL lineman. Alexander also played with moving Jason Shirley to OL.

Fun facts:
Hawkinson was recruited to Kansas to play tight end.
Reminiscing was a song by Little River Band.
Some dinosaurs were no larger than a chicken.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
NO!

Reply/Quote