Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Alexander goes to bat for Ogbuehi and Fisher on his way out"
Hey Alexander, you don't work here anymore, and with only a couple of exceptions, nobody cares what you think! (spoken in the best Rock voice available). You have accomplished what few before you could, you have been replaced by the BENGALS! You have been hired by the Cowboys, and we will gladly help you out in making your two draft picks the newest in the Cowboy's stable if you like. But for now, and in the future; GTFO of here you've been shown the gate, and you don't work here anymore.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 04:54 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Ogbuehi has never seemed to have the heart for the game.  My guess is he'll start working harder when it's contract time.

Or perhaps not having an O-Line coach that's sporting a "woody" for his lame ass.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 11:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Or perhaps not having an O-Line coach that's sporting a "woody" for his lame ass.

Good point.  Once someone tells his lame ass that it's time to work, maybe he'll get to it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 11:31 AM)bengals67 Wrote: very interesting comments here

Do you make a player fit your cookie cutter theories or do you look at each play as an individual human being and coach them according to their abilities and potential?

I think this applies to all employment and leadership models- not just sports.

Absolutely....all good coaches/managers do so.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually you guys are kind of saying two different things.

There is a big difference between changing schemes to fit your talent and changing schemes based on what the other team does.  The Patriots are great because they do both, but you have to accumulate versatile players that can function in different game plans.

....and have Dante Scarnecchia....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I bet once he works out with a professional MMA fighter or trainer that will improve Ogbuehi toughness n therefore his football skills ...thats what he needs...............
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 01:05 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I bet once he works out with a professional MMA fighter or trainer that will improve Ogbuehi toughness n therefore his football skills  ...thats what he needs...............

Damn.

We just got trolled by Rey Maualuga.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Want proof that this goof is an emotional sack of crap with an inflated ego who loves the smell of his own farts?

In the Bengals.com article about his leaving he claims that when called into Marvin's office (where he knew he was about to be told he was being let go/not retained) PA claims he told Marvin he wanted out 1st, therefore he wasn't let go and it was his decision. Yeah. Oooook, Paul.

It gets richer.... PA then goes on and pats himself on the back admitting that the line and rushing attack was trash until week 11, where as from that point on they averaged over 4 yards a carry (basically double from the week 1-10 average) the rest of the season. He credits his coaching and the players progress that finally got the line to play better...... Only, it totally wasn't. Dave Lapham reported after the season that Lazor ripped the rushing scheme duties away from Alexander starting week 11 and changed the blocking scheme from the fall back "midzone" to the more power/drive "inside zone". This yielded an immediate positive impact in the run game. The iimprovement had nothing to do with PA coaching them up.

Paul Alexander's addition by subtraction will be bigger than any FA the Bengals can afford. Set that in stone.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 09:50 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Want proof that this goof is an emotional sack of crap with an inflated ego who loves the smell of his own farts?

In the Bengals.com article about his leaving he claims that when called into Marvin's office (where he knew he was about to be told he was being let go/not retained) PA claims he told Marvin he wanted out 1st, therefore he wasn't let go and it was his decision. Yeah. Oooook, Paul.

It gets richer.... PA then goes on and pats himself on the back admitting that the line and rushing attack was trash until week 11, where as from that point on they averaged over 4 yards a carry (basically double from the week 1-10 average) the rest of the season. He credits his coaching and the players progress that finally got the line to play better...... Only, it totally wasn't. Dave Lapham reported after the season that Lazor ripped the rushing scheme duties away from Alexander starting week 11 and changed the blocking scheme from the fall back "midzone" to the more power/drive "inside zone". This yielded an immediate positive impact in the run game. Then improvement had nothing to do with PA coaching them up.

Paul Alexander's addition by subtraction will be bigger than any FA the Bengals can afford. Set that in stone.

Yup  :andy:
Reply/Quote
I'd like to use "bat" and "PA" in the same sentence, but not the way it's used in the thread title.  Cool  Dead Horse

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'll just use one of my mother's pet phrases to sum up Alexander The Greatinhisownmind...

Once an ass, always an ass.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Wink 
He said people will see Fisher and obuehi will come alive..i bet Bodine, the guy Paul raved about to trade up for will come alive too ..haha PA you sorry ass
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 03:24 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: He said people will see Fisher and obuehi will come alive..i bet Bodine, the guy Paul raved about to trade up for will come alive too ..haha PA you sorry ass

If they do come alive after he leaves, that's just further condemnation of his ability to coach.  What a putz, huh?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: They might be better, with a better coach....

I have high hopes for Fisher, if his heart condition will be cleared.  He seems like he took the offseason very seriously and put on some much needed beef.  I think the Bengals will undoubtedly draft to replace LT as Ced might just lack the mentality in addition to the toughness, but I liked what I saw out of Fisher in his first full year at one position.  If he comes back even bigger and stronger and the coaching staff utilizes more of a drive-blocking scheme, I think he has a chance to stick.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:45 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Maybe he can talk Jerry Jones into a Travis Frederick and Zack Martin for Ogbuehi , Fisher and Bodine deal!!!

I think the Cowboys drafting of Travis Frederick, someone who was largely projected as a 2nd or even 3rd rounder at #32 overall is a great lesson for the Bengals.  If there is a center, like Billy Price, available at that spot maybe you try to trade back in to Rd 1 and snap the middle of your line for the next 10 years.  For the rushing attack, it all starts in the middle.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 03:08 PM)snowy Wrote: Aren't Martin and Eifert brothers-in-law?

And just like that, I now see Eifert as a Cowboy.  Shit, can you imagine two TE sets with him and Witten, Zeke at RB, and Dez taking the top off the defense.  Great.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 08:32 PM)McC Wrote: Don't you mean from horrible to not very good?  Other than that, I totally agree with the sentiment.

Not being a Ced and Fish apologist, but how much of their suction was related to even WORSE performance in the middle?  Bodine and Hopkins were awful.  Remember, they couldn't even do shit when they HAD Whit and Zeitler because of the crap surrounding them (and the moronic blocking scheme).

I think the additions of Redmond at RG and Westerman for C would make this line much more effective overall and possibly have the biggest impact on the rushing attack. 

If the Bengals stick with Boling at LT and draft a guard and a RT, this could happen fairly quickly.  Maybe a FA RT  (haha)?  I am hoping for an impact defensive player at Safety or DT (Vea) in Rd 1 and a mammoth man like Orlando Brown for RT in the 2nd.  If we can move Westerman to Center, it opens up a lot of possibilities in the draft.  

They sure looked a hell of a lot better those last two games.  Which nauseates me even more having watched them suck ass alll season with them on the bench.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 02:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Regular season is about game planning for a specific opponent.  They don't really have enough time to work on technique and even if the player and coach are willing to spend extra time they can't get enough live reps with the rest of the team to work on it..

This is why it was so bad that Ogbuehi did not have a healthy training camp his first two seasons.  That is where almost all of the work on technique takes place.

I'm sorry, but when you have glaring weaknesses in the offensive line that creates huge problems, a failure to address it in season is pathetic.  The team had ZERO chance to win with that strategy and failures.  Lazor did a much better job with no offseason just by moving Dalton from the sitting duck target spot where the Texans and Ravens either drilled him or stood in passing lanes to knock down the balls.

The excuse of the game plan is so weak it makes me want to throat punch their dumb asses.  What good is a game plan if you have no chance of success in executing it?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 07:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Still think they were horrible draft picks. 

The Bengals window of opportunity for being a contender was closing with big name FA contracts expiring and needed to play for now. 

Which at that time already had a good OL with Andre Smith, Boling, Zeitler, and Whit. 

Did need to replace Bodine and get a top pass rusher but that is not what happened.

We could have easily tagged Zeitler and signed Whit with a fair offer like he signed as well. 

Thought the whole thing was a slap in Whit's face and believe he took it that way too. 

Put them down as like the Ross pick. Not necessarily saying their talent did not warrant being selected where they went. 

But it just was not in my opinion what the Bengals needed to do at that particular time.  

What was foolish was not drafting OL help for those two early this year. 

I just hope they learned their lesson that spread offense tackles have to learn a whole new way of playing in the NFL.  When you take TWO of them from that same style of offense, well, I think you were really pressing your luck.

All that being said, isn't Fisher's contract up and doesn't Ced have the 5th year option?  Am I a year early?  It will be interesting to see what is done here.  
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 11:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to most of the better known coaches that I've ever read or listened to;  It's better to adjust your scheme to the talents and abilities of the players that you have, rather than change the player to fit a scheme.  I tend to agree.

Akili Smith and David Klingler agree with this statement. 
Reply/Quote