Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Alexander on Sirius nfl radio today
He does a weekly segment called in the trenches where he breaks down players, assignments techniques etc. he does a very good job explaining things, I think.

Today they discussed a few tackles and guards. He thinks juwaan can also play left tackle, tends to get on his toes too much in run blocking and can be thrown off his block. Pat Kirwin was surprised a bit as he only saw him as rt. Jonah Williams can also play both spots and is as advanced at scheme recognition as anyone he has seen at that age. Cody ford he sees as guard or rt only. Will probably struggle at lt. Dillard is best pass blocker in the draft. Not really a surprise as lots say that. He does need to work on his run blocking technique but should be a ten year star. He is surprised at how little attention Greg little is getting. Paul sees him as potentially elite with easily correctable issues.

Bradbury is I think his highest rated interior player. He also likes lindstrom and McGovern. Those were they only il I heard him talk about
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 07:39 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: He is surprised at how little attention Greg little is getting. Paul sees him as potentially elite with easily correctable issues.

Straight up kiss of death on Greg Little...
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 07:42 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Straight up kiss of death on Greg Little...

Damn. He’s my favorite OT prospect.
Reply/Quote
I have 0 idea why Little has fallen off. Why is Dillard considered the elite LT and Williams is considered OG? Many say because of length, but I think Willams' arms are longer than Dillard's
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 08:19 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Damn. He’s my favorite OT prospect.

In fairness, when it comes to OT's, Piano Man had a lot more hits than misses.  
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 07:42 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Straight up kiss of death on Greg Little...

Absolutely.  As horribly wrong as he was about CedO and Fisher, who could ever trust his talent evaluations again?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 07:39 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote:   He is surprised at how little attention Greg little is getting.  Paul sees him as potentially elite with easily correctable issues.
I think that we've all had a chance to see how well Paul does at fixing those with "easily correctable issues"..   Smirk

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have 0 idea why Little has fallen off. Why is Dillard considered the elite LT and Williams is considered OG? Many say because of length, but I think Willams' arms are longer than Dillard's

I'm on record as the arm length thing is stupid, I mocked Williams to the Giants at 6 in my latest mock (as a RT). I think Dillard is an elite pass blocker but TBD run blocking wise, in this league however the pass blocking is held to a higher value. In terms of Little he has the talent but I think his technique at times breaks down a bit. I think Little s a first round pick, but then again I'd love for us to get him in the 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
Just to be clear, Alexander believes Jonah Williams can play either guard or tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote