Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Alexander?
I keep seeing threads about PA being gone but can't find anything definitive. Are we just assuming he's gone since his contracts up, I just don't trust this team and would not be surprised if he gets resigned. Does anyone have a link Thanks.
Reply/Quote
Google is your friend...

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/01/03/cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line-coach-paul-alexander-part-ways/1000114001/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
it was announced at Marvin's press conference earlier this week

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/01/03/cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line-coach-paul-alexander-part-ways/1000114001/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 07:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Google is your friend...

Thanks, Google was my friend in regards to Marvin not returning also. We see how that turned out. I had to laugh when I read that Bodine has been the only consistent starter since 2013 smh. Thanks for the link though, I feel a lot better.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 07:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I had to laugh when I read that Bodine has been the only consistent starter since 2013

Consistent Starter only means he started on a consistent basis for the Bengals, it don't mean he was good.

I'm hoping though that the OC and new OLine Coach will be able to turn Bodine into a good player since it seems that it was the OLine Coach holding players back. 

Seriously, how good would this team had been if Alexander was fired long ago?

Really can't blame the coach yet though but will be able to at the end of next year I'm sure when the new OLine Coach turns this same group of linemen into a top 10 squad. Only problem is once that happens, will Mike Brown pay them or will he continue to draft linemen and hope the coaches coach them up? Lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 08:01 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Consistent Starter only means he started on a consistent basis for the Bengals, it don't mean he was good.

I'm hoping though that the OC and new OLine Coach will be able to turn Bodine into a good player since it seems that it was the OLine Coach holding players back. 

Really can't blame the coach yet though but will be able to at the end of next year I'm sure when the new OLine Coach turns this same group of linemen into a top 10 squad. Only problem is once that happens, will Mike Brown pay them or will he continue to draft linemen and hope the coaches coach them up? Lol.

I know what it means, my point was he should have never been a starter to begin with. I hope this team takes the Center position into consideration early in the draft this year. I would be thrilled with a couple players like Price or Cole that can play multiple line positions.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 07:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Thanks, Google was my friend in regards to Marvin not returning also. We see how that turned out. I had to laugh when I read that Bodine has been the only consistent starter since 2013 smh. Thanks for the link though, I feel a lot better.

Should've just gone straight to the horses mouth:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Alexanders-departure-signals-change-in-run-game/8bf651dc-520e-43e8-bf96-56a2d8d32bdb
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 12:30 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Should've just gone straight to the horses mouth:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Alexanders-departure-signals-change-in-run-game/8bf651dc-520e-43e8-bf96-56a2d8d32bdb

[Image: horse2new.gif]

Reply/Quote
If someone hears if this jackass of a coach interviews some where can they please post it? My hunch he won’t get interviewed by anyone other than by a local pee wee football club. And that is being generous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 10:10 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: If someone hears if this jackass of a coach interviews some where can they please post it?  My hunch he won’t get interviewed by anyone other than by a local pee wee football club.  And that is being generous

That's what should happen but I'm sure there's a team stupid enough to give this jack knob a job. When they do I plan to flood that teams message boards with laughs and a whole lot of truth about what a worthless ******* PA is
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 10:10 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: If someone hears if this jackass of a coach interviews some where can they please post it?  My hunch he won’t get interviewed by anyone other than by a local pee wee football club.  And that is being generous

I heard Belicheck was hiring him and then taking him on a Ted Kennedy ride off the Chappaquiddick.

[Image: chapp.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Anyone read the article from Bengals.com written by Hobson? He referred to Alexander as being a guru? WTF? One reason I cannot stomach reading anything written by that hack. Did he anoint this title by himself? Hobson’s knowledge is on par with what my wife’s football knowledge . Notice I don’t watch football with my wife because I cannot stand answering her questions

Reply/Quote
I think Paul got canned because he F'd up washing Mikey's Lumina.

He was waxing off when he should have been waxing on.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 08:01 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Consistent Starter only means he started on a consistent basis for the Bengals, it don't mean he was good.

alexander was the problem..the asst head coach was Browns stepson and spy..hes gone
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 11:11 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Anyone read the article from Bengals.com written by Hobson?  He referred to Alexander as being a guru?  WTF?  One reason I cannot stomach reading anything written by that hack.  Did he anoint this title by himself? Hobson’s knowledge is on par with what my wife’s football knowledge .  Notice I don’t watch football with my wife because I cannot stand answering her questions

When you're told what to write, your football knowledge is not that important.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 11:11 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Anyone read the article from Bengals.com written by Hobson?  He referred to Alexander as being a guru?  WTF?  One reason I cannot stomach reading anything written by that hack.  Did he anoint this title by himself? Hobson’s knowledge is on par with what my wife’s football knowledge .  Notice I don’t watch football with my wife because I cannot stand answering her questions

Unless you're talking about a different article, I think you misread that.

Quote:The Bengals have had only two line coaches since 1980. After one year as the Bengals tight ends coach in 1994, Alexander succeeded one of his O-line mentors in Jim McNally, the guru who coached Hall of Fame left tackle Anthony Munoz and the Super Bowl line of the late ‘80s that finished in the top five in NFL rushing five straight seasons that included No. 1 finishes in 1988-89.

Hobson works for the Bengals, so I'm not sure what people expect.  If you consider the source Hobson provides some good information.  To me, the amazing part of that story was something I'd never heard before, "Alexander was in charge of the run game."

I'd sure like to hear more about just what the heck that entailed.  Where did his responsibilities end and the OC's responsibilities begin?  How long has this been the situation?  This sounds like a formula for a disjointed, discombobulated offense - particularly when you promote one of his peers to OC when he's got the title of Assistant Head Coach.  
Reply/Quote