Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Brown's college roomate
Don't really want to engage in the drama and despair that I can figure are in the individual threads, but I thought this was interesting and something I did not know until today. So I'm watching the game with my father and he just casually drops it to me that my Grandfather and Paul Brown were roommates in college at Miami of Ohio. Small world. Now I just need to figure out how to work and angle as Mike Brown' father's college roommate's grandson to get tickets or swag or something..... Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't really want to engage in the drama and despair that I can figure are in the individual threads, but I thought this was interesting and something I did not know until today. So I'm watching the game with my father and he just casually drops it to me that my Grandfather and Paul Brown were roommates in college at Miami of Ohio. Small world. Now I just need to figure out how to work and angle as Mike Brown' father's college roommate's grandson to get tickets or swag or something..... Tiger  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey

And that makes you and the Brown's...

[Image: npqe888gtvy01.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But really, that is pretty cool to learn!
Reply/Quote
Did they "experiment"?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did they "experiment"?

If they did you can count on Paul having filmed it for later study.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
You sure it wasn't Paul Browne?

[Image: th?id=OIP.jjMeKAsKWwbuwuN_voAopQHaJ3&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You sure it wasn't Paul Browne?

[Image: th?id=OIP.jjMeKAsKWwbuwuN_voAopQHaJ3&pid...=300&h=300]

They would eat at the local McDowell's right off campus.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
That's very cool. Did you have the conversation with your dad about why that has never come up before?
Reply/Quote

Yes, and the result was Sled21...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: They would eat at the local McDowell's right off campus.

Mostly because the lines at the Burger Monarch were too long.
Reply/Quote

(10-11-2021, 09:45 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If they did you can count on Paul having filmed it for later study.

(10-11-2021, 09:52 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes, and the result was Sled21...

Link ?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:45 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If they did you can count on Paul having filmed it for later study.

Grandpa Sled taught PB how to use the Tight End

Reply/Quote
In the immortal words of early internet..Pics or it didn't happen.. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I heard Sled's grandpa really invented the 40 yard dash and the taxi squad and Paul stole his ideas
Reply/Quote
What do Danny Glover, Willem Dafoe, Albert Brooks, Selina Gomez and myself all have in common? We were all born July 22, 1959..
That and 50 cents will buy you something worth 50 cents if you act right now because the price is going to go up.. We went to different schools together!

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:25 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I heard Sled's grandpa really invented the 40 yard dash and the taxi squad and Paul stole his ideas

Henry Winkler stars as Grandpa Sled:

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Henry Winkler stars as Grandpa Sled:

In The movie "Penetration In The End Zone"

"I can't quit you Paul"

"If you can't fix it, ya gotta stand it Grandpa Sled"
Reply/Quote
Did grampa Sled invent the first sled?

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And that makes you and the Brown's...

[Image: npqe888gtvy01.jpg]

Right... I just thought it was cool to find out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:52 PM)wcu Wrote: That's very cool. Did you have the conversation with your dad about why that has never come up before?

We weren't very close for a lot of years. I remember my Grandfather having signed pictures and memorabilia around the farmhouse from Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, because he was close with them, I just never heard him talk about P. Brown. He may have said something about it way back when I was young that I did not remember. 
Reply/Quote