Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul D. Jim O. 53
Kinda figured Jim was gonna post this and maybe he will ? Anyways

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/08/30/walkthru-predicting-final-cincinnati-bengals-53-man-roster/616462001/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks about right and is about time for Winston.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Cut Jeff Driskel and keep Tra Carson

I would like to keep rooting for PJ Dawson, but he might just not have it. He should easily make the roster over Nickerson and simply hasn't played up to expectation.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 08:11 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Cut Jeff Driskel and keep Tra Carson

I agree, Tra Carson needs to somehow be on this team.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 08:11 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Cut Jeff Driskel and keep Tra Carson

I would like to keep rooting for PJ Dawson, but he might just not have it. He should easily make the roster over Nickerson and simply hasn't played up to expectation.

I'd like to see Carson make the team myself ! Gives us a little extra insurance in case of problems. Cut one of the bubble DB's though
Reply/Quote
Why is it okay to cut Elliot (5th rounder) and not Dielman?

He hasn't actually played a snap yet has he? I missed the very end of the last game so I didn't see if he got in.

If he hasn't played, shouldn't IR be a viable option at this point?

EDIT:

Apparently he has played a little bit. Well then...would still be an odd use of a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
I'd say Michael Johnson will be a surprise cut. He's expensive. Not a lot of production. Young guys have proven they can do just as good. Just my thoughts.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

Are you the old Stars In Stripes from the old board man?

BTW, if we are going to cut one of the 2 backup QB's it should be AJ McCarron on the play so far.

Know this is out of the question but i like to have the best players on my team regardless of favoritism and AJM has been bad.

Dawson doesn't practice worth a shit and now he don't even play worth a damn.

Evans is the clear last backer IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 09:54 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'd say Michael Johnson will be a surprise cut.  He's expensive.  Not a lot of production.  Young guys have proven they can do just as good.  Just my thoughts.

He needs to never take a DE rep again. He looked so much better inside all preseason and against WAS they let him really play there and he  actually looked good for the first time since he signed in TB.

If they keep him as a pure nickel DT, he'd be better off. But he's so stiff now, he just can't handle DE. 
Reply/Quote
from 2014:

[Image: JsNRlyUR.jpg]

Cutting a 5th round pick is not unheard of and apparently not even what I would call rare.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 10:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He needs to never take a DE rep again. He looked so much better inside all preseason and against WAS they let him really play there and he  actually looked good for the first time since he signed in TB.

If they keep him as a pure nickel DT, he'd be better off. But he's so stiff now, he just can't handle DE. 

Completely agree, no bend, maybe even worse than Hunt right now.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 09:54 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'd say Michael Johnson will be a surprise cut.  He's expensive.  Not a lot of production.  Young guys have proven they can do just as good.  Just my thoughts.

I doubt it, MB honors contracts above all else ! Having said that his value as a DE is all but gone and I wouldn't at all mind seeing him cut.

(08-30-2017, 10:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He needs to never take a DE rep again. He looked so much better inside all preseason and against WAS they let him really play there and he  actually looked good for the first time since he signed in TB.

Right, he's basically useless as a DE.

(08-30-2017, 10:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree, no bend, maybe even worse than Hunt right now.

Yup
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 08:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd like to see Carson make the team myself ! Gives us a little extra insurance in case of problems. Cut one of the bubble DB's though

Would love to see Carson make team and was very vocal last season about it as well. 

Agree with you though that Driskell should not be the one released to make room.

Especially in case an injury happens to another teams QB and AJM can be moved. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I agree with the idea of keeping Carson around somewhere, but it might be easier to slip him to the squad then it would be to move Driskel there and that might be the thinking.

I do love the way that a few guys ended up "injured" that were on the bubble and now will sit on IR and get a chance again next season, like the TE from Buffalo. Might not be a bad move to try that same tactic with Wilson and have Carson just take his spot while he is on IR.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If an OT is injured, who is stepping in for them? Andre Smith?

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 02:31 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: If an OT is injured, who is stepping in for them? Andre Smith?

I believe Smith got Snaps at LT and did "ok" so yep that's pretty much it.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 08:21 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I agree, Tra Carson needs to somehow be on this team.

Agreed. Carson would be much more useful than a #3 QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 02:31 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: If an OT is injured, who is stepping in for them? Andre Smith?

I have more confidence Smith could play both LT since he used to in college. I was never sold on him playing RG since he never did it in college or NFL.
Smith is now what he should have been the whole time...a backup.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Thanks for sharing!

Paul and I disagree on the running backs. I think Carson needs to be on the team, he feels they’re going with three. I guess we’ll see.

@RoyleRedlegs: re: cutting Elliott
Because he’s in a 1-on-1 competition with a guy. Dielman is, potentially, Bodine’s replacement next year or T.J. Johnson’s in ’19. He’s a typical Bengals draft-and-stash/develop.

@BoomerFan – re: backup tackle
Yup, I think Andre Smith is now the true swing backup tackle, both sides.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 09:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Why is it okay to cut Elliot (5th rounder) and not Dielman?

He hasn't actually played a snap yet has he? I missed the very end of the last game so I didn't see if he got in.

If he hasn't played, shouldn't IR be a viable option at this point?

EDIT:

Apparently he has played a little bit. Well then...would still be an odd use of a roster spot.

Never liked the Dielman pick. I don't really see anything in him besides the fact he's played some OT along with C. I can understand why he was expected to be a UDFA by various sites/scouts.
Seems like a good PS candidate.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote