Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/108714962?__twitter_impression=true

Oof... Some harsh words from Doc. However, he makes some valid points and I kind of agree with him. I like Dalton but let's be real: he's underwhelming and needs everything around him going perfect to be a consistently great QB. I'm ready for a fresh start, provided they approach this situation with some intelligence. As I said in another thread, address the Oline in round one. No matter what. Address the QB position in round 2, preferably Josh Allen and let him sit behind Dalton for awhile. I believe Dalton has two years remaining on his deal. Let him play it out while Allen learns behind him, or perhaps trade Dalton if Allen progresses nicely.
Reply/Quote
This'll be good.

Popcorn
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
IMO, Dalton has always been and will always be as good as his OC. He is a complete reflection of the OC.

Get a stellar OC and Dalton will be the league MVP.
Reply/Quote
I'm down with drafting a QB early.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Nope. No drafting a QB until they fix the OL - and I mean REALLY fix it as in a legit Center, legit Guards and legit tackles. This whole "skill players in the early rounds" is a siren song to lure teams away from the reality that champions are built from the lines out and those lines are built from the inside out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: IMO, Dalton has always been and will always be as good as his OC. He is a complete reflection of the OC.

Get a stellar OC and Dalton will be the league MVP.

say no to drugs. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Nope. No drafting a QB until they fix the OL - and I mean REALLY fix it as in a legit Center, legit Guards and legit tackles. This whole "skill players in the early rounds" is a siren song to lure teams away from the reality that champions are built from the lines out and those lines are built from the inside out.

I agree.  Build a line and an offense where any QB will succeed and it sets you up to win even if you don't have an elite QB. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Draft one of these young gun QBs.in the 1st since we are in rebuild mode anyways
Move Dalton for say a second and 3rd.
Pick up OL in free agency and with the extra Dalton picks.
Reply/Quote
I hope Dalton goes, if only to save his career. He will go elsewhere, be good, and win some postseason games.

No need to chain him to this sunk ship. Give some of these Alaba---"Bengal" fans what they want in 2018. I'll just sit back and watch it all burn, with a beer in my hand.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Nope. No drafting a QB until they fix the OL - and I mean REALLY fix it as in a legit Center, legit Guards and legit tackles. This whole "skill players in the early rounds" is a siren song to lure teams away from the reality that champions are built from the lines out and those lines are built from the inside out.

(12-19-2017, 10:33 PM)McC Wrote: I agree.  Build a line and an offense where any QB will succeed and it sets you up to win even if you don't have an elite QB. 

While I agree wholeheartedly I'm trying to keep my dream alive that Marvin Lewis really is going to quit/retire. So typically a new HC is gonna want his own QB.

Let's just hope whoever he is can do both and Mike Brown will quit running interference. 
Reply/Quote
Only 2 QBs in the NFL that have started every game have a worse passer rating than Dalton and he is 21st overall. Folks that have blamed his poor play on everything else but him are running out of scapegoats. We should definitely part ways with AD if we reboot. Let's see what someone is willing to give for AD.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only 2 QBs in the NFL that have started every game have a worse passer rating than Dalton and he is 21st overall. Folks that have blamed his poor play on everything else but him are running out of scapegoats. We should definitely part ways with AD if we reboot. Let's see what someone is willing to give for AD.

I agree, but hell's bells, put a line in front of the next guy, whoever he is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I guess my question is how many more years of Green's prime are we willing to risk on the Dalton experiment?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

This... Unless they address the ol in free agency taking a QB in round 1 will lead to another sub 500 year.  TBH, I want to see Jay Gruden come back as hc and bring Cousins with him.  Trade off mccarron for a third and Dalton for a second, or whatever they can get for em to beef up both lines.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only 2 QBs in the NFL that have started every game have a worse passer rating than Dalton and he is 21st overall. Folks that have blamed his poor play on everything else but him are running out of scapegoats. We should definitely part ways with AD if we reboot. Let's see what someone is willing to give for AD.

Maybe people have eyes and can tell the oline blows chunks.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:27 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: say no to drugs. 

No. I mean yes. I mean I love cedric peerman.
Reply/Quote
If you can get a sweetheart deal for him sure but to let go of a player of his caliber for little to nothing would be stupid. This offense is easy to stop because of the Offensive line not because of Andy, Mixion, Bernard, or Green. It's 95% on the Offensive line. The other 5 % is not having a legit deep threat opposite of Green.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Here we go again...

How about we fix the offense the right way for once? You know, build a real NFL caliber offensive line. The only times in recent history this team has had a good line was for a couple of years with Palmer. Once Braham was hurt the line started to decay and it imploded completely in 2010. I can even argue it had issues in 2009 as we had to constantly use six linemen to get any running game.

It's this simple - offensive line is more important than skill players because while a strong line can elevate skill players a bad line always drags the skill players down with it.
Reply/Quote
I think it all depends on the coach that comes in. Sure, Mandy has been less than stellar, but his oline blows. He needs more time. Hopefully the next coach is goven all the power to make necessary moves. If he feels Mandy kanta can get the job done then I'm all for drafting a qb in the first round. Amdys best passes are 25 yards or shorter he can't accurately hit the home run ball. Hopefully Cleveland or another team will trade for mccarron before draft day as we could use the picks. Plus I think this yr, we may actually sign a fa or two because it takes oline guys a couple years to develop we could draft a center late as well. I think Mikey knows the fans are fed up and he has to have a homerun hire that will get us excited'. Especially one that knows football and holds players accountable. I'm really looking forward to the offseason to get a coach and trade mccarron for sometof value like draft picks or a proven tackle.
Reply/Quote
yes. lets blame all his shitty throws last week om the online. especially the pick 6 when he was triple covered
Reply/Quote