Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
(12-28-2017, 04:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I would go with QB rating, myself (what's he like 18th or 19th in the league there?), but, then again, I try to be FAIR in my assessment of the position. 

Yeah, I think I had Andy rank at 17th when the season started.; he's currently 18th. Not the perfection on my part that I am used to, but it's damn close. Who knows maybe he'll pass Dak or Tyrod before the season is over and I'll be perfect. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 03:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dalton is currently top 10 in TDs and people are saying he sucks, sooooooooooooooooooooooo ........ 

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Way to find a single stat and ignore the many others that point to the conclusion he's sucked this season. He's also top 10 in INTs. Soooooooooo.......

Top 10 in TDs (wahooooo.. BIG DEAL here, guys!!!!) Andy Dalton's other rankings....

- He's trash in Total QBR coming in at 28th http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr
- Ignoring anyone with less than 30 attempts, he's 30/33 in completion % http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE
- 34th in avg. per attempt (see link above)
- Tied for 8th most INTERCEPTIONS (see link above)
- 23rd in passes completed 20 yards or more
- 12th (shockingly) in passes completed of 40 yards or more. Would like to see how many of those are to RBs who had big YAC for those.
- And a Passer Rating that has barely better than Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith.

^ 7th year QB, BTW.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 09:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Way to find a single stat and ignore the many others that point to the conclusion he's sucked this season. He's also top 10 in INTs. Soooooooooo.......

Top 10 in TDs (wahooooo.. BIG DEAL here, guys!!!!) Andy Dalton's other rankings....

- Ignoring anyone with less than 30 attempts, he's 30/33 in completion % http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE
- 12th (shockingly) in passes completed of 40 yards or more. Would like to see how many of those are to RBs who had big YAC for those.
- And a Passer Rating that has barely better than Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith.

^ 7th year QB, BTW.

You bringing up ESPN's QBR is like someone pro-Dalton bringing up his 2 Pro Bowls.

They're both a joke and immediately lowers the credibility of anything you have to say after that.

You're referencing a stat that is trying to tell us that the 2nd and 4th best QBs in the league are Case Keenum and Dak Prescott. It also says that David Garrard is the owner of the 6th best QB season OF ALL TIME. Lol... the 2nd best single game OF ALL TIME by a QB? It was apparently when Kaepernick threw for 164 yards and 1 TD in 2013 against the Chad Henne Jags, who were 0-8 at the time.

I'm not getting into any other bits of this conversation, but when someone starts bringing up ESPN's QBR, I feel compelled to point out just how much bullshit it is.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 02:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hopkins keeps putting up 1500 yard, 12 TD seasons with absolute garbage at QB and little run game to speak of. Same happened with Josh Gordon in Cleveland. Who was his QB when he dropped 1600 yards in 14 games? AJ might be my favorite player on the team. Love his attitude. But if you're an elite top shelf guy, you produce. Period.

I do agree with this , green has messed up his fair share of times ,it's very conflicting to put any blame on him because he's our best wide out by far. But I do think green is not the type who can do it alone , or depended on solely . I think that's been proven he's not that clutch anymore anyway. Maybe he was when he first got here. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 12:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You bringing up ESPN's QBR is like someone pro-Dalton bringing up his 2 Pro Bowls.

They're both a joke and immediately lowers the credibility of anything you have to say after that.

You're referencing a stat that is trying to tell us that the 2nd and 4th best QBs in the league are Case Keenum and Dak Prescott. It also says that David Garrard is the owner of the 6th best QB season OF ALL TIME. Lol... the 2nd best single game OF ALL TIME by a QB? It was apparently when Kaepernick threw for 164 yards and 1 TD in 2013 against the Chad Henne Jags, who were 0-8 at the time.

I'm not getting into any other bits of this conversation, but when someone starts bringing up ESPN's QBR, I feel compelled to point out just how much bullshit it is.

I used Total QBR as 1 metric to where Andy Dalton was poor. There's a lot of different info that makes up QBR as explained in that link. I'm not the biggest fan of it, either, but I don't dismiss it entirely from the stand point of information to be gathered to make an opinion. I thought that maybe there was something in there to point me in a positive direction for Andy's play (there wasn't) so I looked it up. I investigate as much as I can to make an informed opinion. Which was my point..... sitting on ONE stat - like the person I quoted - and planting a flag in it as if that makes a strong point is weak and not well thought out.

Speaking of which... Don't like the metric? Fine by me. Does it "lower my credibility"? That's up to you, but I also provided several other stats and links to them showing Andy is not doing well or gettign better. Top 10 in TDs?...... Grrrrreat. He's also Top 10 in INTs.

You ending your reply with "Not getting into other parts of the conversation" without acknowledging the rest of my post's info is cherry picking as that stat wasn't some basis or foundation to my post. I listed several different things unrelated to the Total QBR to backup my point.

PS: Dalton's been to 3 Probowls, and I agree that that's a goofy thing to solely use as a foundation to a point as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 09:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

^ 7th year QB, BTW.

(12-29-2017, 12:34 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I used Total QBR as 1 metric to where Andy Dalton was poor. There's a lot of different info that makes up QBR as explained in that link. I'm not the biggest fan of it, either, but I don't dismiss it entirely from the stand point of information to be gathered to make an opinion. I thought that maybe there was something in there to point me in a positive direction for Andy's play (there wasn't) so I looked it up. I investigate as much as I can to make an informed opinion. Which was my point..... sitting on ONE stat - like the person I quoted - and planting a flag in it as if that makes a strong point is weak and not well thought out.

Speaking of which... Don't like the metric? Fine by me. Does it "lower my credibility"? That's up to you, but I also provided several other stats and links to them showing Andy is not doing well or gettign better. Top 10 in TDs?...... Grrrrreat. He's also Top 10 in INTs.

You ending your reply with "Not getting into other parts of the conversation" without acknowledging the rest of my post's info is cherry picking as that stat wasn't some basis or foundation to my post. I listed several different things unrelated to the Total QBR to backup my point.

PS: Dalton's been to 3 Probowls, and I agree that that's a goofy thing to solely use as a foundation to a point as well.

That sound you heard? That was the sound of my point flying WAY over your head. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That sound you heard? That was the sound of my point flying WAY over your head. Rolleyes

If it flew WAY over his head how could he hear it?

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That sound you heard? That was the sound of my point flying WAY over your head. Rolleyes

So kind of like the majority of Andy’s deep balls this year lol

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 07:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If it flew WAY over his head how could he hear it?

Okay, you got me there. LOL

(12-29-2017, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So kind of like the majority of Andy’s deep balls this year lol

Pretty much, yeah.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 04:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I think I had Andy rank at 17th when the season started.; he's currently 18th. Not the perfection on my part that I am used to, but it's damn close. Who knows maybe he'll pass Dak or Tyrod before the season is over and I'll be perfect. 

Hey, looks like Andy "caught" Dak and will finish the season tied for 17th. 

Who has 2 thumbs and is always right?

This guy

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:46 PM)Brimey Wrote: Draft one of these young gun QBs.in the 1st since we are in rebuild mode anyways
Move Dalton for say a second and 3rd.
Pick up OL in free agency and with the extra Dalton picks.

To be honest I wouldn't part with Dalton for anything short of a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd that is conditionally able to become a 2nd. Lets face it, Dalton is a serviceable QB who has proven he can win regular season games. To a team like the Browns, Dalton is a franchise QB. In fact, if we didn't have Carson Palmer as a gunslinger before Dalton, but had like 8 years of Jon Kitna or Gradkowski, Dalton would be a Godsend for this franchise. 

Don't sell Dalton for anything less than he is worth. While Bengals fans might be low on him, I'd still pick him over at least half the QB's in the league currently.
Reply/Quote
2 late season wins won't make me forget about the season..
Reply/Quote