Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
(12-20-2017, 02:03 AM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: You say that like Dalton is good lol...what are you smoking??  Dalton aint winning a thing not in Cincy not anywhere.  He stinks. 

Division titles are still titles, right? Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 12:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Division titles are still titles, right? Smirk

Apparently, regular season 'games' don't count as winning "anything." Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 12:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I could totally get on board with you on the selection of a new franchise QB, if I had any confidence that the team would utilize free agency to fill some of those holes with quality, proven players.

.......and therein lies the problem with this shit show.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 12:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: .......and therein lies the problem with this shit show.

Have I ever told you that I'm supporting the Vikings this post season?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 12:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Have I ever told you that I'm supporting the Vikings this post season?

Why yes, I think you have.....and I as well.  The only thing that is tugging at my subconscious is.....the thought of Stooler heads exploding if Darth Hoddie and Tommy got ring six. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
start over. replace the trash that is Lewis n Dalton and lets start fresh..
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 12:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, the Bengals haven't had a QB competition since what...Blake vs O'Donnell in 98 or something?  Part of me says we need to have one so we can do anything/something/everything new...part of me knows we've been pretty fortunate with having Palmer/Dalton for the past 15 years.  We haven't gone bust on a QB for a while, nor had to really stretch for one.

What was our record in 98?  Is Mike really going to sit Dalton while he is paying him 16 million? Also why waste a pick on somebody who won't play while we can draft someone that can play?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 01:19 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What was our record in 98?  Is Mike really going to sit Dalton while he is paying him 16 million? Also why waste a pick on somebody who won't play while we can draft someone that can play?

That's why the new HC needs to impress on Mike the importance of free agency. Use free agency properly and you can draft a player who may not make an immediate impact.

With that said, Mikey LOVES his QBs. You draft a supposed franchise QB, he's more than willing to keep Dalton 'til the rook is ready to go, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 01:19 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What was our record in 98?  Is Mike really going to sit Dalton while he is paying him 16 million? Also why waste a pick on somebody who won't play while we can draft someone that can play?

Because there are more seasons after next season haha. The NFL isn't being dissolved in 2019.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 01:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Because there are more seasons after next season haha. The NFL isn't being dissolved in 2019.

Andy is in the prime of his career and has plenty of time left no need to kick him out. Also this team isn't that far away if you invest in an oline this team because a championship contender again. You miss an opportunity on a good Offensive lineman to draft someone who won't play for 3 to 4 years at the very least would be stupid. Now if you trade Dalton for picks then by all means draft a QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 01:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Andy is in the prime of his career and has plenty of time left no need to kick him out. Also this team isn't that far away if you invest in an oline this team because a championship contender again. You miss an opportunity on a good Offensive lineman to draft someone who won't play for 3 to 4 years at the very least would be stupid. Now if you trade Dalton for picks then by all means draft a QB.
"prime"   fml
Reply/Quote
There is no way in the world Dalton gets you a first round pick in a trade. I'm doubtful that he even gets you a 2nd. The league knows what this guy is and it's not that great. Take time to check out opinions that don't originate from HOMERVILLE. He is just thought of as a guy who could maybe keep the ship floating if your starter went down. He has no pocket awareness, makes terrible pre snap reads and is easily close to the bottom of qb's for arm strength. Several years ago I heard GM's viewed Dalton as the Draft a QB line. If you QB was better than Andy you were ok for another year. If not it was time to get a new one. He hasn't gotten any better since that time.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton has never had everything perfect around him. He’s barely had a run game, TE or second receiving option or dependable Oline all at same time. I’d argue he’s never had any of the two at the same time. Sorry Doc, that view is just plain wrong. Not to mention, he’s always had Marvin Lewis.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
When it comes to the NFL and quarterbacks, you either have a QB who can win you the Super Bowl or not. History shows (especially recent history) that if you don't have a Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Manning, or Wilson, you're probably not winning the Super Bowl.

Sure, there are the young QBs who haven't been sorted out like Wentz, Goff, Watson and others, but it usually doesn't take long to find out. And I think at this point that we know what Dalton is. Is it possible that he could go on a tear with a great OC and great O-line and have a miracle postseason a la Joe Flacco? Sure. Is it probable? Not in the least.

So if we're drafting in the top 7-8 picks, and our guys think that there is a prospect that could be that Super Bowl winning QB, you have to take him. Take him, and use the rest of the picks on O-line to protect him for all I care.

But in this league, you either have a QB that will win you the Super Bowl, or you don't. And we don't have one right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 01:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's why the new HC needs to impress on Mike the importance of free agency. Use free agency properly and you can draft a player who may not make an immediate impact.

With that said, Mikey LOVES his QBs. You draft a supposed franchise QB, he's more than willing to keep Dalton 'til the rook is ready to go, IMO.

[Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAIsAAAAJDUyN2NkNWExLTY4ZDEt...N2ExZg.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Nope. No drafting a QB until they fix the OL - and I mean REALLY fix it as in a legit Center, legit Guards and legit tackles. This whole "skill players in the early rounds" is a siren song to lure teams away from the reality that champions are built from the lines out and those lines are built from the inside out.

You can always draft a QB and not play him right away. I want to take a QB early this year and have him sit for a year behind Dalton. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 12:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Apparently, regular season 'games' don't count as winning "anything." Mellow

I think prime time games count.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 02:24 PM)bakerman Wrote: There is no way in the world Dalton gets you a first round pick in a trade. I'm doubtful that he even gets you a 2nd. The league knows what this guy is and it's not that great. Take time to check out opinions that don't originate from HOMERVILLE. He is just thought of as a guy who could maybe keep the ship floating if your starter went down.  He has no pocket awareness, makes terrible pre snap reads and is easily close to the bottom of qb's for arm strength.   Several years ago I heard GM's viewed Dalton as the Draft a QB line. If you QB was better than Andy you were ok for another year. If not it was time to get a new one. He hasn't gotten any better since that time.

Most of this post is demonstrably false and that's sad.

BTW, I'm just going to leave this here:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/11/02/bill-polian-still-regrets-not-drafting-bengals-quarterback-andy-dalton-2011/826440001/
Reply/Quote
What people might need to be afaid of...this team going into a true rebuild mode.
And the reason may not actually be what you think...
If this team goes into a true rebuild mode, there will be very little hope of getting to the playoffs and competing for a title.
Cincinnati is a baseball city, not a football city. When this team isn't in contention, the stadium is very empty. The local fans don't have much desire/incentive to go to a game if the team isn't doing well and chooses to do other things instead.
Given this is Mike Brown's only source of income, he and his family do take a hit when people don't come to games.
If he's not making money from this market, he could look to move the team, which I think is more likely than selling the team to someone who wants to keep it in Cincinnati.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 02:48 PM)jason Wrote: I think prime time games count.

I think ALL non-preseason games count. 
Reply/Quote