Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Daugherty on Bengals. Not good.
ML contract performance related? LOL
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sounds like we are screwed. Paul is usually not anti-bengal. I mean, he is truthful and no Hobspin, but not normally this blunt. Good read and feel he is spot on. After Marvin Lewis's presser, I think any little faith I had remaining in him is gone. Not to mention (I'm sure Fred has stats) the defense seems even worse since he took over. Yesterday was not healthy to watch and I only was able to start watching part way through the 3rd qtr. Feel sorry for those of you who watched it for 60 minutes.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2018/11/26/tml-browns-bengals-hue-jackson-marvin-lewis-nfl-coach-hot-seat/2112979002/

I don't see how he's anti-bengal. He's saying all the things we say on this board all the time, and we aren't anti-bengal. We might be anti-mikebrown though and he might be anti-mikebrown too. But then who in football doesn't know that Mike Brown has been one of the worst owners in all of professional sports?

The fact that he points out the obvious about Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, Hue Jackson and the stinker the team laid on the field yesterday doesn't make him anti anything, except maybe anti-ineptness.

If Hue Jackson becomes the next HC a full scale boycott is in order.

ALSO: He correctly points out that what Mike Brown is 'comfortable' with seems to direct Mikey's decisions.

ALSO: When I read something like this it validates my take on Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, Hue Jackson and how the Bengals are playing.

ALSO: Let's see what Stephen A Smith has to say next. That's the one I'm looking for. I'd like to see him lay the wood to Hue Jackson as well.

Reply/Quote
Personally I love Paul’s articles and have been a fan of his for a long time. His views on the Bengals are realistic , consistent and very humorous at times. Fans get upset with him because he mocks there favorite team but everything he says about the way the franchise is run is true. He will actually ask Marvin hard questions during his press conferences , questions that every fan would want to ask Marvin. He’s the complete opposite of Hobson. Hobson’s article today will probably say something about how the Bengals are technically still in the playoff race and how the Bengals almost had a great come back win.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we win 6-7 games I doubt that's enough for ML to get fired.

Remember, if they fire him...they have to pay him the last year of his deal AND pay a new HC.

We probably already have enough wins for him to retain his job.

And don't forget the excuse ! Injuries, injuries, injuries, injuries, Hobspin will site injuries a hundred times between now and the end of the season. When the fact is like you say this group of players was damn lucky to go 4-1 before all of that set in. We very well could have been 2-3 during that span with most of the injuries yet to come.

Excuses are like............well you know
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 03:43 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Personally I love Paul’s articles and have been a fan of his for a long time.  His views on the Bengals are realistic , consistent and very humorous at times. Fans get upset with him because he mocks there  favorite team but everything he says about the way the franchise is run is true. He will actually ask Marvin hard questions during his press conferences , questions that every fan would want to ask Marvin. He’s the complete opposite of Hobson. Hobson’s article today will probably say something about how the Bengals are technically still in the playoff race and how the Bengals almost had a great come back win.

Hobson will probably blame the loss on Dalton's injured thumb, completely ignoring that it was a 35-7 blow out at that point.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are going to suck they might as well suck properly. Lets tank for that young Clemson QB in two years. Build the team with draft picks in the meantime and hire a young offensive minded HC. Someone like the Vikings OC.

A guy can dream right? Who am I kidding. Marvin will retire, Hue will take over and we will extend Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Only Mike Brown watched that game and looked at the shots of Marvin and Hue on the sidelines getting schooled and looking bewildered as Brown player after Brown player mocked them to their faces and think to himself he is seeing a future head coach of the Bengals.

Mike Brown has disgraced this city.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:35 PM)MentalRage Wrote: If the Bengals are going to suck they might as well suck properly. Lets tank for that young Clemson QB in two years. Build the team with draft picks in the meantime and hire a young offensive minded HC. Someone like the Vikings OC.

A guy can dream right? Who am I kidding. Marvin will retire, Hue will take over and we will extend Dalton.

Trevor Lawrence?  I'm in. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 03:01 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: ML contract performance related? LOL

There's probably a clause in there about doing your job...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Only Mike Brown watched that game and looked at the shots of Marvin and Hue on the sidelines getting schooled and looking bewildered as Brown player after Brown player mocked them to their faces and think to himself he is seeing a future head coach of the Bengals.

Mike Brown has disgraced this city.

You gotta wonder if Mike Brown doesn't live in some fantasy world where all his dumb shit makes perfect sense ?
Reply/Quote
After 30 Bengals seasons I just don't care anymore. I think it is a defense mechanism to keep my self sane, lol! I can clearly see a huge, wide open path for MB to take us right back to the 90's. It's actually already started. I just cannot do that again and it really takes away from watching the NFL in general.

Oh, well. I truly believe Hue is our next HC (AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!) and that this sh!t will just never end!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:20 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: After 30 Bengals seasons I just don't care anymore...

I'm the same way... with both baseball AND football.
The Reds and Bengals have made me... NUMB.

It sucks.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:26 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I'm the same way... with both baseball AND football.
The Reds and Bengals have made me... NUMB.

It sucks.

It sucks a lot man!!!!  I love to get excited about the Bengals and I always try to stay positive, but this is different; 90's style!  We used to all watch the game together on Sunday (I'm in NY (grew up in Cincy) but get Sunday Ticket just for Bengal games).  My wife watches with me, but my 7 yr old daughter and 10 yr old boy (who plays and loves football) have completely lost interest in watching the Bengal games.  I don't blame them.   
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:04 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It sucks a lot man!!!!  I love to get excited about the Bengals and I always try to stay positive, but this is different; 90's style!  We used to all watch the game together on Sunday (I'm in NY (grew up in Cincy) but get Sunday Ticket just for Bengal games).  My wife watches with me, but my 7 yr old daughter and 10 yr old boy (who plays and loves football) have completely lost interest in watching the Bengal games.  I don't blame them.   

That would suck. It would be great to have the family together rooting for the Bengals. I tried and failed. Probably like many others. All my kids have either chosen the Colts or Patriots. Ugh! Yet, the Patriots fan now is boycotting the NFL for political reasons. I’m ok with it, but still wish we all rallied behind the Bengals every Sunday in the mancave, with the grill going, etc. all my kids are over 21 and 2 of them in their 30s.

Reply/Quote
Harsh but true article.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That would suck. It would be great to have the family together rooting for the Bengals. I tried and failed. Probably like many others. All my kids have either chosen the Colts or Patriots. Ugh! Yet, the Patriots fan now is boycotting the NFL for political reasons. I’m ok with it, but still wish we all rallied behind the Bengals every Sunday in the mancave, with the grill going, etc. all my kids are over 21 and 2 of them in their 30s.

I brainwashed my kids from birth to be Bengal fans!  lol.  They just don't like to watch them play like losers, even at 7 and 10.  Kids are smart!   lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:21 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I brainwashed my kids from birth to be Bengal fans!  lol.  They just don't like to watch them play like losers, even at 7 and 10.  Kids are smart!   lol.

My son just turned 1 this week. We live in the NYC area and I’ve been debating if I should influence him to be a bengals fan or if I should encourage him to cheer for his local team instead.

No way is he going to be a yankee fan. He can get the hell out of my house lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:32 PM)motoarch Wrote: My son just turned 1 this week.  We live in the NYC area and I’ve been debating if I should influence him to be a bengals fan or if I should encourage him to cheer for his local team instead.  

No way is he going to be a yankee fan.  He can get the hell out of my house lol.

Lol!  My good friend loves the Yankees and I cannot stand them.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I thought that retaining Marvin would be the tipping point for the fanbase after last offseason.

The new tipping point just keeps getting lower and lower.

I don't get upset anymore and I'm not walking away. Each tipping point for me is just a move towards finding things more bitterly amusing.  I expect another year or more of Marvin and the HC Hue. I will laugh and embrace the suck.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We also lost on a td in the final seconds.

Nothing flukey about a 7th loss in a row to a division rival. 
Reply/Quote