Paul Dehner Jr Athletic article on Burrow’s mastery of the back shoulder throw

This was an excellent read.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Athletic is such good content.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
This was an excellent read.

Why do people insist on posting articles that are behind a pay wall?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 01:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Why do people insist on posting articles that are behind a pay wall?

Because plenty of people subscribe to The Athletic? It’s literally only a few dollars a month if you do it yearly, and it’s well worth it.

The better question is why even open the thread and comment when I clearly labeled where the article was from?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 01:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because plenty of people subscribe to The Athletic? It’s literally only a few dollars a month if you do it yearly, and it’s well worth it.

The better question is why even open the thread and comment when I clearly labeled where the article was from?

Like I'm supposed to remember which sites hide their articles behind a pay wall?   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 01:04 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Athletic is such good content.

I completely agree and I pay $1 a month.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
For those stymied by the Athletic pay wall, I offer this Cliff's Notes version. If you're a young pup and don't understand the reference, Cliff's Notes is what got a lot of us older gentlemen through college.

The back shoulder throw is utilized against press man coverage. Receiver runs a go, QB and receiver read the defender. Receiver with a step, QB throws it deep. DB even, QB throws back shoulder. Executed correctly, it is undefendable. Do it enough, defense will just play zone.

The combination of strengths in Burrow's game -- mental, physical and emotional -- lend themselves to the success rate. Callahan stated that Joe is the best ever at the back shoulder throw.

Joe and Chase perfected it at LSU. Next to learn it was Tee. Now Joe throws it to everyone. He even throws it to RB's. When asked his favorite back shoulder throw, he named the first down completion to Irwin v. Tennessee.

The technique requires complete trust between QB and receiver. Hurst's reaction: "Holy shit, this guy trusts me. This is pretty cool."

According to Pitcher, when a receiver makes an incorrect read, this is what he gets from Joe: "OK, this is not quite what I expected from you, this is what I need from you."

It's no wonder that guys love playing with Burrow.
Reply/Quote