Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Dehner with Mo Egger on Tuesday: Zampese
(12-23-2016, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The poroblem is not Zampese.

He is not calling sacks and runners getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage.

You understand it's directly his job to fix those issues right? Other coaches do. Or do you think that all the other successful coaches don't have to worry about their QBs getting sacked or RBs getting stuffed on the line.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 07:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is ridiculous.  If we had thrown the ball after 3 runs gained 23 yards (7.7 avg) then you would be crying about how Zampese did not stick with what was working.  Why the hell would you complain about running the ball on 2nd and 3 when the 3 previous runs averaged 7.7 yards?  And if passing was the obvios call then why did the pass fail on 3rd down?

This is the way it always goes with criticizing an OC.  If what he calls does not work then it is stupid.  Doesn't matter what he called.  Only thing that matters is that it did not work.

Mikey, is that you?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 01:46 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: You understand it's directly his job to fix those issues right?  Other coaches do.  Or do you think that all the other successful coaches don't have to worry about their QBs getting sacked or RBs getting stuffed on the line.

There is one coach that wins every year.  All the others have good years and bad years.

How is it possible for good coaches to have bad years if they can just "fix" every problem every year?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 03:38 AM)Derrick Wrote: Mikey, is that you?

Why don't you answer my question, Derrick?

Where is all the complaining about how stupid Marvin was to run on third down in the exact same situation on the previous drive?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 05:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 3 straight runs with plenty of field to defend..

There was the exact same amount of field to cover when the Bengals ran on third down on the previous drive.
Reply/Quote
For me, it isn't just Zampese, but he is largely responsible. I don't want to hear about the loss of WR whatsoever. He still had Lafell, Boyd, AJ, and a developing Core with several very solid TEs. That brings me to my biggest issue with Zamp. With youth developing at WR (Boyd, Core) and an inexperienced starter at RT to begin the season, I will never understand why we didn't see more of two or three TE sets...especially in the red zone.

That is what makes me crazy about some coaches. They have players that could be successful is used a bit differently, but the coach seems so dead-set on playing HIS scheme and trying to make the pieces work.

Zampese had three really good pass-catching TEs and I don't think we hardly ever saw them on the field together. Some of that was injury, but why wasn't Hewitt used more as a TE when Eifert went down. Why weren't TEs lined up outside Ced when he was struggling mightily? They could have at least chipped before sliding out for a screen (fav play, think it was run 5 times all season, and 3 in one game). They could have helped him, but they left him "on an island".

Zamp's lack of waggles and bootlegs also made Dalton a sitting duck in many situations; the defense knew right where he would be almost the entire game. He also rarely executed a screen during all-out blitzes that seem to just keep coming, down after down, with no adjustment.

If I had to say one single thing destroyed this season, it was the OC and his lack of adjustments, creativity, and proper use of personnel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote