Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 MM 2
After reviewing my last mock Round 1:
Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech.
Remains here. I think he's ine of the best in the draft.

Round 2:
Michael Thomas WR OSU changes to
Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma I don't see him there for us in the 3rd.

Round 3:
Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma changes to
Keyarris Garrett WR Tulsa slightly limited route tree, doubt he'd be there in the 4th. He can stretch the field with the best of them.

Round 4:
Maurice Canady CB Virginia changes to
Miles Kilebrew SS Southern Utah
Got lucky here.

Round 5:
Jayron Kearse SS Clemson changes to
James Bradbury CB Samford
Got lucky again where need and bpa line up well.

Round 6:
O.J. Mau DT Gardner-Webb changes to
Travis Freeney OLB Washington

Round 7:
LaMichael Fanning DE Jacksonville State/Alabama changes to
Joe Dahl OG Washington State

And a couple UDFA's that I like.
Luke Rhodes ILB William & Mary
Jamaal Jones WR Montana
Ladarius Brown WR Sam Houston State
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pass rusher Mike, need a pass rusher after the loss of Gilberry.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pass rusher Mike, need a pass rusher after the loss of Gilberry.

Butler can provide that.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 02:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Butler can provide that.

Butler is still a DT not an End. Love that pick i just would go with a DE in the 2nd or 3rd instead of back to back WR's.

But that is just what i would do. Like i have been saying we need to keep our DL rotation one of the best. Losing Gilberry
doesn't sound all that bad but it is with Hunt and Clarke yet to show anything. We cannot only rely on Dunlap and MJ.

The deep rotation is what really helps our entire Defense. If we got Butler and say a guy like Kaufusi in the 3rd i think
this Defense would take a monster step and could definately be the best in the league. A dude like Butler next to Geno
and a deep DE rotation? Kickass.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pass rusher Mike, need a pass rusher after the loss of Gilberry.

I think this is Marcus Hardison.

As others have said, between Clarke, Hunt?, and perhaps a rookie, I believe that the Bengals feel that they have replaced Gilberry by committee.
Reply/Quote
Love Sterling Shepard, but would rather see that third rounder end up being a pass-rushing DE. I have been drafting a lot of 2 WR combos, but we often forget about James Wright. He should be 100% this season, and we already know he contributes on special teams. A lot of these WRs are not special teams contributors.
Reply/Quote
I know you guys want a true RDE, then i would change Butler for Emmanuel Ogbah.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 06:53 PM)Bengalfan11164 Wrote: I think this is Marcus Hardison.

As others have said, between Clarke, Hunt?, and perhaps a rookie, I believe that the Bengals feel that they have replaced Gilberry by committee.

I hope so. I like Hardison too. I just would like to add another DE in case both Hunt and Clarke are busts.
Reply/Quote
I understand the comments on adding a Defensive End in the mid rounds but I think this draft would be amazing. Love the first three picks. If you can add both Thomas and Shephard what we already have with Green and Eifert then the offense wouldn't just be on par with last year, but actually improved! Nice mock. Might be lucky to get one of Thomas or Shephard though and both likely a round earlier than listed but you never know.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Dang, I was right about Butler being a 1st rounder.

But I like WJ3 and didn't think he would fall this far. :)
Reply/Quote