Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul brown stadium question
I'm heading to the game tomorrow night, didn't go to a game all last year. So I'm not sure if pbs offers this. Looking at tickets on stub hub, does anyone know if I purchase the tickets Online on my phone if at pbs do they have it where you can just scan your ticket receipt from your phone at the gate?
Reply/Quote
Yes.

PBS s*cks, but we are not THAT far behind.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the Jungle, hope you bring us some luck!!

Last year the phone scanning didn't work, you needed to bring the actual ticket.

Shoot me a PM if you need a place pre game to tailgate and have some fun!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Hah thanks. Stub hub just said they didn't
Reply/Quote
PBS does not suck
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:00 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: PBS does not suck

Damn straight it doesn't suck!

It blows  Cool

If you went to games at Riverfront, PBS was a major step up.  Eighteen seasons in though, it's looking a little long in the tooth, especially compared to the palaces in Dallas, Minny and Atlanta.  Hopefully, someday, we'll get something approaching those facilities.  It'll do for now, though.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Not going to happen.....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Damn straight it doesn't suck!

It blows  Cool

If you went to games at Riverfront, PBS was a major step up.  Eighteen seasons in though, it's looking a little long in the tooth, especially compared to the palaces in Dallas, Minny and Atlanta.  Hopefully, someday, we'll get something approaching those facilities.  It'll do for now, though.

I've been to JerryWorld twice, and while very nice, it feels like going to a nightclub and a football game all of a sudden breaks out.  In other words, just too many bells and whistles for my taste.  Seems to now be the standard for new stadiums.  For me, that is not appealing.  I like going an watching the game in a more traditional environment like PBS.

Just my two cents.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:30 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I've been to JerryWorld twice, and while very nice, it feels like going to a nightclub and a football game all of a sudden breaks out.  In other words, just too many bells and whistles for my taste.  Seems to now be the standard for new stadiums.  For me, that is not appealing.  I like going an watching the game in a more traditional environment like PBS.

Just my two cents.

Yeah there's something to be said for the outdoor expereience.  Maybe less like Jerry World, then.  I think Minny has the coolest stadium.  Big, modern, all that glass for an almost outdoors kinda feel.  Maybe Katie can get that from the county.  
Reply/Quote
Yep, its such a good stadium that we host SB's all the time...

Wait....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Damn straight it doesn't suck!

It blows  Cool

Riverfront was louder. PBS can't keep any noise inside of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:30 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I've been to JerryWorld twice, and while very nice, it feels like going to a nightclub and a football game all of a sudden breaks out.  In other words, just too many bells and whistles for my taste.  Seems to now be the standard for new stadiums.  For me, that is not appealing.  I like going an watching the game in a more traditional environment like PBS.

Just my two cents.

Yep. Those places are geared toward the corporate crowd. The game is secondary. I first noticed that kind of thing 20 some years ago. I went to a Bulls game with my cousin at the old Chicago Stadium. The place was dark, and still smelled of cigarettes from decades of allowing smoking. When that bad boy got rocking though, it was something else... Deafening. You felt like you were right on top of the court.

A few years later I went to another game at the United Center. It was cozier, brighter, and full of all the bells and whistles of the late 90s... But it was quiet, cavernous, and a much more lame environment for a game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 06:08 PM)Gohards Wrote: Yes.

PBS s*cks, but we are not THAT far behind.

PBS doesn't suck, give me a break.

And not holding SBs?

Until 5 years ago or so, when did a venue north of Georgia, host a SB?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 08:30 PM)jason Wrote: Riverfront was louder. PBS can't keep any noise inside of it.

From a ticket buying standpoint, can't really say that's a concern of mine.  But, sure.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 08:24 PM)Gohards Wrote: Yep,  its such a good stadium that we host SB's all the time...

Wait....

Along with:
Arrowhead Stadium
Lambaeu Field
Heinz Field
Bank of America Stadium
Nissan Stadium
Soldier Field
CenturyLink Field
M&T Bank Stadium
Gillette Stadium
etc..

Using lack of SB's as a measure in which a stadium is judged is lame.
Reply/Quote
PBS is ok. Nothing special. Have had seats all over that stadium. Enjoy it forever, Cincinnati is not paying for another one.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 09:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: From a ticket buying standpoint, can't really say that's a concern of mine.  But, sure.  

But don't you feel bad for Carlos Dunlap when he's flapping his arms for noise on 3rd down? The cheers just float out into the ether.... The boos however... They seem to echo through there. On TV the other day, it was the only way you could tell people we're in attendance.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Damnit I don't care what anyone says, riverfront stadium was the holy grail, felt like a Rome cathedral the way it was built. I know it followed the cookie cutter model
But damnit I loved that place, pbs is too wide open. Kills the crowd noise
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 09:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: PBS doesn't suck, give me a break.

And not holding SBs?

Until 5 years ago or so, when did a venue north of Georgia, host a SB?

Detroit, 1981.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:35 AM)McC Wrote: Detroit, 1981.

As well as Detroit in 2006.  Jerome Bettis' last game.

And while Minnesota is set to host this years SB, they also served as host to Super Bowl XXVI (Redskins vs. Bills) in the Metrodome.
Reply/Quote