Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul brown stadium question
(09-13-2017, 09:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: PBS doesn't suck, give me a break.

And not holding SBs?

Until 5 years ago or so, when did a venue north of Georgia, host a SB?

There was this one in Detroit...I try to forget it as well...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My two cents: PBS is what it is: A 20 year old stadium. It has a lot of positives that I believe folks take for granted: The seats are wide and comfortable. There is a TON of urinals and bathrooms so you never have a very long wait. The cost to go to a game (or even have season tickets) is one of the most affordable in the league.

However, although I have always been an outdoor stadium guy, a dome like at Indy or Detroit (both very nice venues) would have made more sense. It can host more events all year long and would have been louder than all get out. Maybe I am just getting old, but I feel bad for my old man because he just doesn't radiate heat like we do when we are younger. I love the weather like it was last week, and some of the fall days, but a dome would have been a really nice option. Maybe partially retractable like in Indy with the big side openings.

It is all water under the bridge now, and I doubt I live to see another stadium built. I really, really hope the team never leaves the city but I am sure that will be kicked around when it comes time for a new stadium.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 09:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: PBS doesn't suck, give me a break.

And not holding SBs?

Until 5 years ago or so, when did a venue north of Georgia, host a SB?

Weather is only one part of it though. Cincinnati just doesn't have what it takes to host a Super Bowl. It doesn't have the hotel or conference center capacity to deal with it. I think the NFL learned it's lesson from the Jacksonville Super Bowl.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 10:51 AM)jason Wrote: Weather is only one part of it though. Cincinnati just doesn't have what it takes to host a Super Bowl. [bpIt doesn't have the hotel or conference center capacity to deal with it. I think the NFL learned it's lesson from the Jacksonville Super Bowl.[/b]
I can agree with that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 08:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There was this one in Detroit...I try to forget it as well...

Its a dome, so it doesn't count Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:35 AM)McC Wrote: Detroit, 1981.

I forgot to clarify; I meant non-dome SBs.
Reply/Quote