Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paulie: Next Head Coach?
(08-21-2017, 06:22 PM)Derrick Wrote: I am not convinced that he is really any good as a DC! So I definitely would not want him as the HC. He can't seem to get the players to tackle properly, or play consistently and aggressively. The crap about opponents not scoring many points with PG as DC just means they don't have to score a lot, because the Bengals' offense score fewer. Refer to close games lost in 2016. It's going to be another long and frustrating season.

Two years ago, when the D gave up the second fewest points, the team won 12 games.  Maybe it was just a coincidence. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 04:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: When Paulie took over the defense the points allowed has been ranked 12th, 2nd, and 8th.  Somewhat respectable.  The yards allowed on the other hand was 22nd, 11th, 17th.  I know players like Paulie some may even respect him but I don't think he's feared.  In fact I think the Bengals Players fear no one on the coaching staff.  

I have never been a big fan. I guess Mike Zimmer spoiled me.  
And I don't want to put the blame all on the defensive coordinator.  I just see the players do not play with any sense of urgency.  And the defense is not looked good in the first two preseason games which worries me.

If for some reason Marvin Lewis contract is not renewed after this season and Paulie G.  Is promoted as the next head coach then this would worry me more.  I guess I am venting because the Cincinnati Bengals let Mike Zimmer getaway.

Why would you fear anything with this organization?  I mean, Piano Man has been here since Dave Shula!!!!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 10:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: Why would you fear anything with this organization?  I mean, Piano Man has been here since Dave Shula!!!!!!!

The old Yosemite Sam line, aint no one goin nowheres 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 10:22 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The old Yosemite Sam line, aint no one goin nowheres 

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Pretty hard to say what kind of HC Paulie would be. When you're a coordinator on someone else's staff, you're doing things his way. For all we know, Paulie's way might be very different.

I do know that Paulie's D falls apart if Geno and Burfict aren't out there being great. Hell, without Burfict, it's a shell of itself. Don't know what that says about the DC.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think Guenther could be a good coach somewhere just not here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 05:19 PM)GodFather Wrote: But do you honestly think that would be enough to make this team a serious contender with other top NFL teams?

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the move. However, it seems he is popular because I believe he had a major say when we got new position coaches before last year.

He seems like a great guy, but I feel like he would be more of the same. If he gets the HC gig, then I can see us promoting Haslett or Coyle to DC. Then just find a new position coach to replace them. Just more of the same.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Im bummed we let Vance get away. I would be all for him over Paul, Marvin or even Hue.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 03:58 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im bummed we let Vance get away. I would be all for him over Paul, Marvin or even Hue.

Same. If I had my way I would have had Vance replace Marvin after 2015 but, yknow...  Whatever
Reply/Quote
Who knows, maybe after Marvin exits stage left Alexander the Great will emerge to take the reigns. As the greatest position coach in all the land, I would think he could share his expert tutelage with the rest of the team and take them to new depths. I'm sure he'd be willing to coach the OLine and be head coach so that he can save his buddy some money. Then the legion of Alexanderites could finally be vindicated and anoint Alexander the Great as the best coach the world has ever seen. His performance will not matter, as he is Alexander the Great.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 10:12 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Who knows, maybe after Marvin exits stage left Alexander the Great will emerge to take the reigns. As the greatest position coach in all the land, I would think he could share his expert tutelage with the rest of the team and take them to new depths. I'm sure he'd be willing to coach the OLine and be head coach so that he can save his buddy some money. Then the legion of Alexanderites could finally be vindicated and anoint Alexander the Great as the best coach the world has ever seen. His performance will not matter, as he is Alexander the Great.

Smack
Reply/Quote
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Marvin. Guy changed the culture for a team that was terribly struggling. However, I think this is a make or break year and either they take the next step or Marvin becomes a special consultant to the Brown family. Really would love to see Matt Patricia as three new HC should that happen.
Reply/Quote