Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pauly G is for sure gone now
(01-05-2018, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, just happy Jon wanted him. Thought Jon knew what he was doing before this. Guenther was a major disappointment
last year with the amount of talent he had on his side of the ball. To be last against the run and stopping 3rd downs is down
right ridiculous with those players.

Wanting Vic Fangio or Del Rio for our new DC...

So, had magical fairy dust been sprinkled, Jupiter aligned with Mars, and the cow jumped over the moon, Gruden would have been our HC.  Which would have meant his dream DC would have already been here on the staff.  So, we would have gotten Gruden and kept PG.  

How would we have felt about that?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 09:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, had magical fairy dust been sprinkled, Jupiter aligned with Mars, and the cow jumped over the moon, Gruden would have been our HC.  Which would have meant his dream DC would have already been here on the staff.  So, we would have gotten Gruden and kept PG.  

How would we have felt about that?

Personally, I think it would have sucked, and resulted in the continued deterioration of the once vaunted Bengal Defense.

But, we never know. Jon G may have overhauled the position staff on Defense, and all Pauly would have had to do is call the scheme.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hooray! Now I get to make fun of my buddy in Columbus who still clings to the idea of a Raiders resurgence ..Guenther.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If he takes his vaunted gaping hole in the middle of the field soft zone to Oaktown, we'll know it was on him.

If he goes out there and coaches defense like Zim, it will sure look like the chicken shit was Marvin's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm not saying other NFL teams don't make blunders, but it seems a little odd the Raiders would get a coach out of retirement and give him $100 million and then save the Bengals from themselves by taking their garbage DC.
Reply/Quote