Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paycor Stadium Renovations
Anybody heard anything regarding this? I don't really watch the news all that much anyway
Reply/Quote
They are looking at what Jacksonville has planned for their stadium renovation according to WLW yesterday. Planning and meetings are set to take place in the coming weeks.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 08:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: They are looking at what Jacksonville has planned for their stadium renovation according to WLW yesterday. Planning and meetings are set to take place in the coming weeks.

We don't need no swimming pools.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 08:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We don't need no swimming pools.

who pays all that money to go to a stadium and not watch the game lol
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 08:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: who pays all that money to go to a stadium and not watch the game lol

Lots of people actually.  Especially baseball games.

Went to an Astros game in April and it was barely a baseball game in the crowd and more a social event.  People getting up every friggin inning.  What happened to watching the damn game?  I won't go back.
Reply/Quote

How else you gonna get a bikini-clad young woman to the stadium on game day? 

NinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinja

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 10:42 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How else you gonna get a bikini-clad young woman to the stadium on game day? 

NinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinja

Ninja

In Cincy??? They'd most likely be in wetsuits.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 01:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: In Cincy??? They'd most likely be in wetsuits.

Just make sure you get to the early season games!  Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 01:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: In Cincy??? They'd most likely be in wetsuits.

Not when you’ve got Joey B at quarterback. They’ll be in bikini’s for sure.
Reply/Quote

LoL, obviously, that won't be in the cards. They were talking about improved/expanded concourse, something about the shape and size of the canopies, lookout decks, very large video boards in each end zone, and a potential retractable roof.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 03:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: LoL, obviously, that won't be in the cards. They were talking about improved/expanded concourse, something about the shape and size of the canopies, lookout decks, very large video boards in each end zone, and a potential retractable roof.

At this point I would be all for any kind of retractable roof that would make Paycor louder than Arrowhead just to piss those wankers off.
Reply/Quote
I am disappointed in Rfaulk, I thought at least he would of shown a bikini clad woman. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I favor bikini clad women and a retractable roof.
Reply/Quote
a blub in the Cincinnati Business Journal

1) Blackburn says Bengals are committed to riverfront development
The Bengals seem themselves as a "key catalyst to the transformation and development of the riverfront," Elizabeth Blackburn, the team's director of strategy and engagement, said at a Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber event June 8. In the Zoom forum, Blackburn reaffirmed the team's desire to stay in Cincinnati and renovate Paycor Stadium.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 03:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: LoL, obviously, that won't be in the cards. They were talking about improved/expanded concourse, something about the shape and size of the canopies, lookout decks, very large video boards in each end zone, and a potential retractable roof.

Hard pass on the retractable roof. Won't do the Bengals any favors as it's clear they keep needing to be used to playing in weather. The entire division is outdoors, KC is outdoors, Buffalo is outdoors.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 11:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am disappointed in Rfaulk, I thought at least he would of shown a bikini clad woman.  Mellow

lol. I had this queued up at work but got busy and didn't get a chance to post it.

[Image: wetsuit6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 01:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hard pass on the retractable roof. Won't do the Bengals any favors as it's clear they keep needing to be used to playing in weather. The entire division is outdoors, KC is outdoors, Buffalo is outdoors.

I get what you are saying but a retractable roof could bring things like a SB to Cincy so I think it would be a big picture addition.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 09:39 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I get what you are saying but a retractable roof could bring things like a SB to Cincy so I think it would be a big picture addition.

But why should I care about maybe possibly having one SB here vs the ~100 games at the Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Steelers, and Browns in the outdoors the Bengals will play over the next 2 decades?

The average price of SB tickets for last season were over $8,800 a piece. 

Throwing yourself off from the games you need to win to actually GET to multiple Super Bowls for years to come for the small possibility that they'll get to host just one Super Bowl that would require $17,000+ to get 2 tickets to assuming the Bengals even make it that specific year and we're not playing host to 49ers vs Chiefs or something? That's the very opposite of big picture.

I watched Peyton and Brees being incapable of winning outdoors and in the cold too much, kept them from going to more SBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 10:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But why should I care about maybe possibly having one SB here vs the ~100 games at the Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Steelers, and Browns in the outdoors the Bengals will play over the next 2 decades?

Throwing yourself off from the games you need to win to actually GET to multiple Super Bowls for years to come for the small possibility that they'll get to host just one Super Bowl that would require $17,000+ to get 2 tickets to assuming the Bengals even make it that specific year and we're not playing host to 49ers vs Chiefs or something? That's the very opposite of big picture.

I watched Peyton and Brees being incapable of winning outdoors and in the cold too much, kept them from going to more SBs.
You are thinking like a fan not a business owner. Like it or not this is a business for the Brown family. Also Brees and Manning did end up winning one SB each while playing for dome teams. I think at this point anyone who cares about the Bengals would take that after all of these years. I would also argue that the Burrow/Chase combo does pretty good in covered stadiums which could help them get more home playoff games.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 10:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But why should I care about maybe possibly having one SB here vs the ~100 games at the Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Steelers, and Browns in the outdoors the Bengals will play over the next 2 decades?

Because if the franchise doesn't make moves to increase revenue then you could be rooting for the San Antonio Bengals.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote