Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peaceful Protest outside of PBS
Would anyone be interested in potentially joining me and trying to organize a protest. I mean it is 2018 so it's the trend. We need to try to get some attention drawn to this terrible situation. I say we come out signs, etc and let our voice be heard. Fire Marvin Lewis, Fire Ken Zampese! Has this ever been done? I say why not?
Reply/Quote
I think if people see a bunch of Bengals fans outside of PBS bitching and moaning about ownership and coaching, they'll just assume we're tailgating.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:46 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: I think if people see a bunch of Bengals fans outside of  PBS bitching and moaning about ownership and coaching, they'll just assume we're tailgating.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:39 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Would anyone be interested in potentially joining me and trying to organize a protest.  I mean it is 2018 so it's the trend.  We need to try to get some attention drawn to this terrible situation.  I say we come out signs, etc and let our voice be heard.  Fire Marvin Lewis, Fire Ken Zampese!   Has this ever been done?  I say why not?

Absolutely not.  I refuse to be yet another loser standing around with cardboard signs in 2017.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Or we could protest this way:

Get signs that say "OCCUPY PBS" and see if the stadium gets crowded to capacity.
Yeah, OK, it is a New York thing, but still...
Give the illusion of a sold out crowd.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:39 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Would anyone be interested in potentially joining me and trying to organize a protest.  I mean it is 2018 so it's the trend.  We need to try to get some attention drawn to this terrible situation.  I say we come out signs, etc and let our voice be heard.  Fire Marvin Lewis, Fire Ken Zampese!   Has this ever been done?  I say why not?

when the hell did it become 2018?
Reply/Quote
Lol oops. You get the point though.
Reply/Quote
Billboards, protests, none of that stuff does anything. Mike Brown will still make his money. Even if the stadium is half empty there's profit sharing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Billboards, protests, none of that stuff does anything. Mike Brown will still make his money. Even if the stadium is half empty there's profit sharing.

The only ones that suffer from an empty stadium is the players and not having a home field advantange.. But the bengals fans have mostly sucked for providing that even with a mostly full stadium
Reply/Quote

It's 2017.
Reply/Quote
Sorry but I just find something pathetic about protesting for another man to lose his job...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
So you really think after 26+ years of not winning a playoff game...and retaining a coach that is 0-7 in the playoffs...and more importantly not hiring a GM after 26+ years...that 100 protestors outside of PBS is going to make ownership make changes?

Even if they fired Lewis now it's going to take atleast 2-3 years to fix this.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you really think after 26+ years of not winning a playoff game...and retaining a coach that is 0-7 in the playoffs...and more importantly not hiring a GM after 26+ years...that 100 protestors outside of PBS is going to make ownership make changes?

Even if they fired Lewis now it's going to take atleast 2-3 years to fix this.

You don't know that. The NFL is the quickest bounce back league there is. 

Reply/Quote
Hundreds of people outside PBS demanding coaching changes. Mike Brown looks out his window and just stares at the crowd.

*2 hours later*

Breaking news: The Cincinnati Bengals and Marvin Lewis have come to terms on a 2 year extension to keep him in Cincinnati.

*1 hour later*

Mike Brown at PC: "Marvin has been a MODEL employee for the Cincinnati Bengals. That'll always be his THEME to me. *giggle*
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
[Image: heads-down-thumbs-up.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even if they fired Lewis now it's going to take atleast 2-3 years to fix this.

I disagree. Bring in a coach that hold players accountable, make sure we get good coordinators on both sides of the ball and we can win a championship with the team we have now (well, maybe not the OL). I firmly believe our players are good enough but it's the coaching that's failing us.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You don't know that. The NFL is the quickest bounce back league there is. 

I do know that...just like I said we could start 0-3. I'm a realist.

Other teams actually sign free agents. Here, they'll address the issues through the draft and sign bargain bin guys.

We need 4 offensive lineman. Possible a new QB...on offense alone.

On defense, we'll see how the season plays out.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:25 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I disagree. Bring in a coach that hold players accountable, make sure we get good coordinators on both sides of the ball and we can win a championship with the team we have now (well, maybe not the OL). I firmly believe our players are good enough but it's the coaching that's failing us.

Of course, people on this board always think winning a championship is near.

It's not. 26 seasons without a single playoff win while some 23 different teams in the NFL have been to the Super Bowl over that span should prove that to you.

We're rebuilding. We've lost many of our core players over the past 2 season and we haven't replaced them with adequate players in most cases.

Fans on this board think a guy like Willis is a Pro Bowl player. Maybe one day he will be, but it's going to take time. And guess what? IF Willis and Lawson both turn into stars...we'll lose 1 in free agency. That's just what this team does.

When you lose your best players in free agency and try to replace them with Compensatory picks...you get worse.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the competition committee will take a hard look at the woeful lack of leadership within the organization... oh yeah. They are the competition committee
Reply/Quote
Why does it have to be peaceful?

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote