Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cinematography and "The Queens Gambit"
For those of you who notice cinematography I recommend the NetFlix series "The Queens Gambit".

The story and acting are very good also. I really enjoyed it. But the biggest thing I noticed were all the complex and artistic camera work. If not done properly cinematography effects can seem gimmicky and distracting. But this was done very well.

There are also special effects where we see the chess pieces and moves that the player is envisioning, but I am talking about camera work like long tracking shots, overhead angles, slow zooms, dramatic lighting and stuff like that
Reply/Quote
That show has one of my favorite scenes. Shes in Russia at a restaurant and a little kid about 8 to 10 is pushing a cart down the isles of the empty place. He stops at her table and just says "Vodka?" I lost it I laughed so hard tears were rolling.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cool, will have to check it out. Love good cinematography.

Thought Prey had great cinematography even though it was a thriller. Great show if you can take a Predator show.

Having drones now a days really helps in this aspect. Something we didn't have back in the day.
Reply/Quote