Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peaking? Is 2022 team similar to 2021 team?
I feel I want our team to progress each week and then come January and February be at their peak. I remember 2021 watching so many great NFL teams looking at times unbeatable like Chiefs, Bills and Titans.

But, we know how it turned out. I see something similar now. I watched KC dismantle a very good TB team Sunday night.

Do you feel this 2022 team can grow into a great team by the end of the year (peak)? If so, what do they need to do in your opinion? I know some will say injuries, but that to me is a given, no team can suffer major injuries to their best players and get better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It’s a fine line. You have to win enough easy games to put you in position to make a run, but I fully want this team better in December/January than September/October.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I feel I want our team to progress each week and then come January and February be at their peak. I remember 2021 watching so many great NFL teams looking at times unbeatable like Chiefs, Bills and Titans.

But, we know how it turned out. I see something similar now. I watched KC dismantle a very good TB team Sunday night.

Do you feel this 2022 team can grow into a great team by the end of the year (peak)? If so, what do they need to do in your opinion? I know some will say injuries, but that to me is a given, no team can suffer major injuries to their best players and get better.

Tampa Bay is not that good of a team this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I feel I want our team to progress each week and then come January and February be at their peak. I remember 2021 watching so many great NFL teams looking at times unbeatable like Chiefs, Bills and Titans.

Even playing poorly like we did the first couple of weeks, we were still in a position to win both. So it's not like we are getting blown out. Just need to tighten that shit up and get the boat moving in the right direction. 

As far as peaking goes, ofc we want to Peak in Dec and be ready for playoffs, but no reason we can't be GOOD consistently and still peak at that time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 10:04 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Even playing poorly like we did the first couple of weeks, we were still in a position to win both. So it's not like we are getting blown out. Just need to tighten that shit up and get the boat moving in the right direction. 

As far as peaking goes, ofc we want to Peak in Dec and be ready for playoffs, but no reason we can't be GOOD consistently and still peak at that time.

Agree but Cinci. still ain't done losing games this season. Could lose even 4-5 more and fans need to realize this and not jump off the ledge. Staying healthy is vital. Last season the Bengals had 3- 2 game losing streaks. Every team goes thru trials/tribulations. But, as you mention, you need to get healthy and play good consistent FB in Dec.
Reply/Quote
It's similar in that last year the Bengals had a couple of weird early-season losses (Bears and Jets). I'm still waiting for Ja'Marr to do one of his spectacular spin-move, outrun-the-entire-defense TDs. Maybe this week? So far, there doesn't seem to be one dominant team and that's what makes football so fun to watch and follow.
Reply/Quote