Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peaky Blinders
Wink 
Brilliant series. Just finished watching season 4. I believe it is on US netflix too. Episodes are an hour long, and there are 4 seasons, each 6 episodes long...you can have it done in a day Wink

Set in Small Heath, Birmingham, 1919. The Peaky Blinders (based on a real Brummie gang - though the show follows an alternate storyline) are gangsters, involved in bookmaking. They wore a peaked flat cap, with razor blades sewn into the peak - hence Peaky Blinder.

The thing I love most about it is that it covers an era of British history not often looked at in TV - the period between the world wars. It's also from a working class perspective and not set in London...it may start to show you a side of Britain that Downton Abbey wouldn't explore Tongue

Their Brummie accents may be a little unfamiliar, but the acting is outstanding. The setting and scenery is as good as i've seen, they do a great job of depicting urban industrial Britain at that time. Scenes of violence are to be expected. I didn't expect to laugh as much as I did, I don't think I was supposed to! The soundtrack is ace, the modern rock they've used goes surprisingly well with the post WW1 setting.

Give it a try, you'll love it.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
I'm on season 2. Great show, Cillian Murphy is brilliant.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote