Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pearl Jam
(09-28-2016, 12:52 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I figured we had a Nirvana thread so why not Pearl Jam?

There newest album Lightning Bolt came out in 2013 and imo was there best album since Yield. Obviously Ten is their most memorable album with songs like Even Flow and Alive but the albums No Code, Vitalogy and Yield have all risen pretty high on my list as time has gone on. I'd love to see them live.

Some of the best songs...

Alive
Hail Hail
Getaway
Why Go
Deep
Corduroy
Glorified G
Rear View Mirror
No Way

its evolution baby!!!

always enjoyed pearl jam....  Also like making fun of his singing. as half the time it doesn't sound like words. but catchy tones with some lryics to think about.

I really like when a band tells a story over several songs.  I forget the names of the 3 songs (I believe there were 3 that all connected but from different albums)
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 01:14 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I was just being born around the time Pearl Jam and Nirvana were popular so it never was cool or popular for me to like music that was a decade behind.
So therefore it's not a matter of taste and what era you grew up in because that format wasn't designed for my generation. It's a matter of "Hey this song stimulates my brain!"

If you've ever listened to a few of Pearl Jams records you can hear that based off of the lyrics it was never as shallow as the early Beatles or Justin Bieber. Even the songs everybody knows like Alive is about Vedder being tricked into thinking his Step Dad was his real Dad but by the time he figured out his Dad had already passed away. That was based off of a real life experience. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it doesn't have depth and just because you found an obscure album by an obscure band doesn't mean it does have depth. That's kiddie high school crap.

Maybe you would enjoy music more if you quit caring about all of the things other then the music itself?

Maybe you would enjoy music more if you quit caring about all of the things other then the music itself?  Hilarious 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 03:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its evolution baby!!!

always enjoyed pearl jam....  Also like making fun of his singing. as half the time it doesn't sound like words. but catchy tones with some lryics to think about.

I really like when a band tells a story over several songs.  I forget the names of the 3 songs (I believe there were 3 that all connected but from different albums)

Buying stocks on the day of the Crash - This is a great line.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 03:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its evolution baby!!!

I can only make out a few words in that song Yellow Ledbetter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 02:06 PM)jason Wrote: I can only make out a few words in that song Yellow Ledbetter.

You're doing better than me......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 02:06 PM)jason Wrote: I can only make out a few words in that song Yellow Ledbetter.

(10-10-2016, 02:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: You're doing better than me......

Its supposed to be that way.  It gives you the freedom to make up the words as the music goes.  I've probably got 75 different live versions of that song and there is not a single one of them the same. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

LOL I know one of my favorite parts of pearl jam is you can sing along without knowing the words haha
Reply/Quote