Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pedophile Christian Pastors Caught in Child Sex Sting
(05-26-2016, 04:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: So I get the point, and it was clever and all once, but now it is just trolling. I actually agree with the premise, but now I kind of hate being on the same side as you because you come across as an immature kid. Let it go.

I was treating it like I often treat a bunch of academics in a room together. The intellectual masturbation that occurs in that situation is kind of like what we are witnessing here. Just, well, not as intellectual. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-26-2016, 04:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was treating it like I often treat a bunch of academics in a room together. The intellectual masturbation that occurs in that situation is kind of like what we are witnessing here. Just, well, not as intellectual. Ninja

That's funny because I often talk about the act of talking about something that you can do nothing about "mental masturbation".  Feels good, but in the end you really only accomplished pleasuring your own self.

Not that I disagree with this thread at all though.

It's still kind of funny to me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So wait - when the other side does it it's all valid points from that perspective. Now that the tables are turned, it's mental masturbation and trolling?

Hnh. I'll tell you what - we'll stop when someone gives us the 'pro rape little kids' side of the argument.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-26-2016, 04:53 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So wait - when the other side does it it's all valid points from that perspective. Now that the tables are turned, it's mental masturbation and trolling?

Hnh. I'll tell you what - we'll stop when someone gives us the 'pro rape little kids' side of the argument.

So, all of this started with comparisons to the trans bathroom bills and mocking the arguments of those on the socially conservative side of those. And you're lumping me, probably the second most frequent supporting to trans rights on here, in with that group?

I am thinking you are getting a little overly defensive about the childish behavior being exhibited. But hey, you do you.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-26-2016, 04:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, all of this started with comparisons to the trans bathroom bills and mocking the arguments of those on the socially conservative side of those. And you're lumping me, probably the second most frequent supporting to trans rights on here, in with that group?

I am thinking you are getting a little overly defensive about the childish behavior being exhibited. But hey, you do you.

Did I name you directly or do you simply have a guilty conscience?

I was simply making an observation and inviting counter points to be brought up as opposed to back handing and sweeping jabs.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-26-2016, 05:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Did I name you directly or do you simply have a guilty conscience?

I was simply making an observation and inviting counter points to be brought up as opposed to back handing and sweeping jabs.

The simple counter point is this. You and others jumped into a thread that had no connection to your point that you guys have spammed for multiple pages, and that is trolling. Other peoples opinions on certain topics should be refined to those topics. If you can't act maturely and leave it in those topics then you shouldn't be here. The same goes for others who want to try and carry an argument from one thread to another.

As I said it was funny for one post, then it turned into the kind of argument I'd hear at a high school.
(05-26-2016, 05:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Did I name you directly or do you simply have a guilty conscience?

Yes, because referencing something that someone said is not as good as naming them when making a passive aggressive post like you did.

I have no guilty conscience because I have nothing to feel guilty about. I was just simply making an observation.

(05-26-2016, 05:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: The simple counter point is this. You and others jumped into a thread that had no connection to your point that you guys have spammed for multiple pages, and that is trolling. Other peoples opinions on certain topics should be refined to those topics. If you can't act maturely and leave it in those topics then you shouldn't be here. The same goes for others who want to try and carry an argument from one thread to another.

As I said it was funny for one post, then it turned into the kind of argument I'd hear at a high school.

Oh but it has everything to connection to our point. The only people accusing trans people of being child molesters are constantly and more frequently being outed as child molesters.

Maybe instead of getting mad at us for mocking the words of a few here, you should be seeking guidance from a source not riddled with pedophiles.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-26-2016, 05:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes, because referencing something that someone said is not as good as naming them when making a passive aggressive post like you did.

I have no guilty conscience because I have nothing to feel guilty about. I was just simply making an observation.

Fair enough.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
I guess we could go back to talking about violent ways for society to kill child molesters. That always seems to bring every sect of humanity together.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-26-2016, 01:47 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Can you list some of those examples for me?

Sure, I can.  But, rather than spending any energy on it, I'll elect to simply stick with my broad generalization. ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
So, this is the 5th such sting operation in Tennessee and this one netted 32 people; two of which are affilicated with the church.

Once again: Thanks for this.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-26-2016, 05:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh but it has everything to connection to our point. The only people accusing trans people of being child molesters are constantly and more frequently being outed as child molesters.

What does this have to do with this article? The answer is nothing. That is like saying because the guy in this thread breaths air, and so do people who hate trans people, any topic where the subject breaths air you can bust in and hijack a topic.

I actually am on the side who thinks the Anti Trans movement is stupid. I am also on the side that thinks you coming into a separate thread and spamming it over and over accomplishes nothing but making you look childish.

To your last point, I am agnostic. It is interesting though that you somehow feel the need to attack based on a perceived religious affiliation.
(05-26-2016, 05:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess we could go back to talking about violent ways for society to kill child molesters.  That always seems to bring every sect of humanity together.

Speaking of, Indonesia just made capital punishment for child rapists the maximum sentence while also allowing use of chemical castrations otherwise. And after they are released monitoring ankle bracelets too. They have had a growing number of sex crimes against children so time will tell if these new harsher methods will help prevent it or not.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-26-2016, 05:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: What does this have to do with this article? The answer is nothing. That is like saying because the guy in this thread breaths air, and so do people who hate trans people, any topic where the subject breaths air you can bust in and hijack a topic.

I actually am on the side who thinks the Anti Trans movement is stupid. I am also on the side that thinks you coming into a separate thread and spamming it over and over accomplishes nothing but making you look childish.

To your last point, I am agnostic. It is interesting though that you somehow feel the need to attack based on a perceived religious affiliation.

Fair enough on that first point.

As to the last one, I never assumed you were Christian. I said if my mocking the religion upset you, seek guidance from something else. Mountains out of mole hills I guess - sorry if I offended.

But back to the point - it's a problem and a long standing one inside the Church. One has to wonder how long they can claim they're morally right when things like this are being thrust into the public eye with disturbing regularity.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
From my observation......
It appears that the liberal fish bite harder.

Carry on....

On topic....
Shoot the priests and everybody just pee in the yard, so we can keep an eye on one another.
Just to be clear. These are the EXACT same arguments being made on the other side in regards to Muslims, LGBT, etc. Yet somehow it's now childish. Interesting.

I'll follow that up by saying there really should be Christian only bathrooms so the rest of same society can go about their damn business. Or just stay in your ***** house with your fat wife you're constantly trying to get away from by ***** little kids.

Can't have it both ways all the time.

Let's stay on topic guys. Been hearing that a lot lately.
(05-26-2016, 10:36 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Just to be clear.  These are the EXACT same arguments being made on the other side in regards to Muslims, LGBT, etc.  Yet somehow it's now childish.  Interesting.  

I'll follow that up by saying there really should be Christian only bathrooms so the rest of same society can go about their damn business. Or just stay in your ***** house with your fat wife you're constantly trying to get away from by ***** little kids.

Can't have it both ways all the time.

Let's stay on topic guys. Been hearing that a lot lately.

Thanks for this. 

The thing is, those coming in here and reversing the anti trans or anti-Muslim arguments are not genuinely calling people "mentally ill" or "perverts" for their choice of what religion they follow.

They're not making multiple threads daily trying to link the actions of non-Christian criminals to all Christians.

They're not supporting attempts to deny rights to Christians.

They're not supporting the politicians who are behind those attempts.

They're not calling all Christians "savages".

They're not calling Christians uncivilized.

They're not demanding that Christians change their culture.

There's a lot of things they're not doing in this thread that happen daily in P&R. We can't call people out when they're openly racist or are prejudice towards gay or trans people. All we can do is make fun of them with posts like those in this thread.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-27-2016, 12:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The thing is, those coming in here and reversing the anti trans or anti-Muslim arguments are not genuinely calling people "mentally ill" or "perverts" for their choice of what religion they follow.

They're not making multiple threads daily trying to link the actions of non-Christian criminals to all Christians.

They're not supporting attempts to deny rights to Christians.

They're not supporting the politicians who are behind those attempts.

They're not calling all Christians "savages".

They're not calling Christians uncivilized.

They're not demanding that Christians change their culture.

There's a lot of things they're not doing in this thread that happen daily in P&R. We can't call people out when they're openly racist or are prejudice towards gay or trans people. All we can do is make fun of them with posts like those in this thread.

Yes; all they are being is overtly immature. Kudos to a couple of posters that usually share their POV; yet care about the integrity of the forum for calling them out as childish and petty. Unfortunately, the hypocrisy of others stops them from doing so.

Thanks for this.