Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peko @ fullback
Peko should not be playing fullback. He has the size to blow up blockers when he occasionally gets someone lined up, but he lacks the agility and skill to get good angles on blocks. Hewitt is an excellent fullback and we should use him or even Fisher on goal line situations.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
We gave Hewitt a nice contract extension and pay raise because our coaches consider him one of the best if not the best FB in the league. No way we can risk actually playing him at FB.
Reply/Quote
Hewitt's still on the team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When's the last time putting Peko in at FB worked? When he pancaked Troy Polamalu like 6 years ago? He's clearly not up to it anymore.

Reply/Quote
The Peko FB thing hasn't worked in...ever. And the funny thing is...Hewitt started going with the tight ends only this year, presumably because of Eifert's injury. The previous two years he went with the running backs as a fullback. We all know what he can do at fullback. We'd find out what he can do at tight end if the Bengals would throw him the freakin' ball. He's probably the guy the Bengals are mis-using most, and in the worst way. Makes me nuts. I'm one of those folks who believe teams sometimes have bellwethers...you know, one of those guys the teams just plays better when he's in the lineup. Hewitt's a bellwether. So is Peerman. At least neither of them can be blamed for the mess the Bengals have made of the season so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:45 PM)snowy Wrote: The Peko FB thing hasn't worked in...ever. And the funny thing is...Hewitt started going with the tight ends only this year, presumably because of Eifert's injury. The previous two years he went with the running backs as a fullback. We all know what he can do at fullback. We'd find out what he can do at tight end if the Bengals would throw him the freakin' ball. He's probably the guy the Bengals are mis-using most, and in the worst way. Makes me nuts. I'm one of those folks who believe teams sometimes have bellwethers...you know, one of those guys the teams just plays better when he's in the lineup. Hewitt's a bellwether. So is Peerman. At least neither of them can be blamed for the mess the Bengals have made of the season so far.

Oh...it definitely worked at one point! 

https://youtu.be/huolfNTLgB0

Reply/Quote
Peko clearly hadn't practiced all summer/ota's/training camp. Not something he can just be thrown in to do. If he had prepared for it like he did under Hue he'd done better. Not a bad idea for goal line work.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Nicomo Cosca Wrote:Oh...it definitely worked at one point! 

https://youtu.be/huolfNTLgB0

How could I forget that? That was a thing of beauty. Still, it hasn't worked more often that it _has_ worked. And the point about not practicing the play is a good 'un. Still, I'd rather see Hewitt doing what he does best.
Reply/Quote
Fisher looked really good playing at the fullback position.  He was able to make his initial block, sustain and get to the 2nd level.   He was a much better fullback than he was a lineman last year - and apparently is still struggling at OL.
Reply/Quote
this front office should have brought in Marcel Reece at least to kick the tires on
yeah bringing in Peko really fooled Belichek didnt it?
why those tricky Bengals putting a DT in go to goal situation
wow
another reason why Zampese needs to go.
not a creative thought in his whole body
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When's the last time putting Peko in at FB worked? When he pancaked Troy Polamalu like 6 years ago? He's clearly not up to it anymore.

Exactly.  If you want to pull someone from the DL that can move bodies bigger than himself?  You ask Geno Atkins!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's funny because Peko gets all hyped up as a fullback, then overshoots his block and whiffs. He'd probably be more effective if we just gave him the ball, Refrigerator Perry style.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:56 PM)Older Than You Wrote: It's funny because Peko gets all hyped up as a fullback, then overshoots his block and whiffs. He'd probably be more effective if we just gave him the ball, Refrigerator Perry style.

It's funny you say that...we have the most explosive DT in the league with with Atkins. Imagine handing him the ball with a couple feet of acceleration. If anybody could push their way into the end zone it's Atkins. Especially add in a couple of our lineman pushing the same direction.
Reply/Quote
Peko the tub of goo is useless period.
Reply/Quote
Just another fine example of this innovative, top tier coaching staff. Ninja

Seriously why do you put in an old, overweight, agility of a fire hydrant, past his prime, rotational DT in at fullback ? And let you FB ride the pine.

This coaching staff is a joke !
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:45 PM)snowy Wrote: The Peko FB thing hasn't worked in...ever. And the funny thing is...Hewitt started going with the tight ends only this year, presumably because of Eifert's injury. The previous two years he went with the running backs as a fullback. We all know what he can do at fullback. We'd find out what he can do at tight end if the Bengals would throw him the freakin' ball. He's probably the guy the Bengals are mis-using most, and in the worst way. Makes me nuts. I'm one of those folks who believe teams sometimes have bellwethers...you know, one of those guys the teams just plays better when he's in the lineup. Hewitt's a bellwether. So is Peerman. At least neither of them can be blamed for the mess the Bengals have made of the season so far.

Again --  Those Stupid Bengal Coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:42 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: It's funny you say that...we have the most explosive DT in the league with with Atkins.  Imagine handing him the ball with a couple feet of acceleration.  If anybody could push their way into the end zone it's Atkins.  Especially add in a couple of our lineman pushing the same direction.

Interesting idea. with his low center of gravity he'd be really hard to take down. But would he be any good at it?
Reply/Quote