Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pelosi's Husband Attacked
I mean it's simple enough to say that Mr. Pelosi is having a hard time recalling events - he did get hit in the head with a hammer, after all. If you've ever been hit in the head with anything solid, fuzziness in memories is pretty standard.

That being said, as SSF said, some things aren't adding up and Nancy is being coy about shit she shouldn't be coy about.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 01:39 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I mean it's simple enough to say that Mr. Pelosi is having a hard time recalling events - he did get hit in the head with a hammer, after all. If you've ever been hit in the head with anything solid, fuzziness in memories is pretty standard.

That being said, as SSF said, some things aren't adding up and Nancy is being coy about shit she shouldn't be coy about.

How is she being coy?  I haven't looked into this, but who knows how open she can or should be in the days where she has a target on her back.  She's no saint but lordy, I can't imagine being in my 80s and spending my last years knowing a lot of people want me to die.

Actually, I can imagine that...just not the being in my 80s part.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 01:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How is she being coy?  I haven't looked into this, but who knows how open she can or should be in the days where she has a target on her back.  She's no saint but lordy, I can't imagine being in my 80s and spending my last years knowing a lot of people want me to die.

Actually, I can imagine that...just not the being in my 80s part.

I may have spoken a bit off the cuff there; unverified sources saying things that I would normally check but didn't and took them at their word (in my defense; my dog had surgery today so I'm a bit spacey).
Reply/Quote
https://apnews.com/article/twitter-inc-san-francisco-conspiracy-theories-nancy-pelosi-congress-e2d8fc90553c24b5e5162e02e6378321

[Image: Fga2WcEXkAEm1lm?format=png&name=large]

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
[Image: Fga2X2EXgAoCnt8?format=png&name=large]

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 04:34 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I may have spoken a bit off the cuff there; unverified sources saying things that I would normally check but didn't and took them at their word (in my defense; my dog had surgery today so I'm a bit spacey).

I wasn't challenging you, I legitimately was curious.  And best of luck to the dog.  Did you take some of the animal-grade anesthesia too to get spacey?

Also, I just love that unwinnable mindset of the attacker.  I'm gonna find Nancy and threaten her and demand the truth, which I will declare a lie and then beat her with a hammer for lying to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 04:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wasn't challenging you, I legitimately was curious.  And best of luck to the dog.  Did you take some of the animal-grade anesthesia too to get spacey?

Also, I just love that unwinnable mindset of the attacker.  I'm gonna find Nancy and threaten her and demand the truth, which I will declare a lie and then beat her with a hammer for lying to me.

No I got what you were going for and I appreciate you calling me out and making me go through the efforts to prove my claims (which is how I learned I was indeed misinformed).

As for the pup; it was a standard Spay. But I'm a worrier, so I've spent most the day worrying. But she's lying next to me right now, safe and miserable. Poor girl can't move without whining (but she is overly dramatic in the best of health, so I'm guessing it's being played up by atleast 30%).
Reply/Quote
I thought things were a little odd to start now they really do sound conspiracy like.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:22 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I thought things were a little odd to start now they really do sound conspiracy like.

Do tell.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:52 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Do tell.

Calling him friend in a 911 recorded call, both being in their underwear, the fact that the place was in fact secured and this crazed man found his way inside anyways.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:39 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Calling him friend in a 911 recorded call, both being in their underwear, the fact that the place was in fact secured and this crazed man found his way inside anyways.

Threat not friend.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:03 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Threat not friend.

You know I would have thought those words would clearly be different, but I can't tell for sure listening to it.

Also the flow of conversation of him saying he doesn't know who he is and then friend would make no sense.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 12:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're putting me in the annoying place of having to defend Jessie Waters here, but I get what he's saying.  Although less true in SF now than under Boudin, the DA's in places like SF and LA County are notoriously soft on crime.  Get arrested for hitting someone in the head with a hammer, you'll get charged, most of the time, with 245(a)(1) PC: Assault with a deadly weapon.  Sounds about right, no?  Wait for it... but it's likely to be charged as a misdemeanor as the crime is what's known as a "wobbler".  The vats majority of the time it's charged as a felony.  Under the previous DA here, Jackie Lacey, I only saw it charged as a misdemeanor once, and I actually got why.  Under the current POS it's filed as a misdemeanor around 50-60% of the time, if not more.  Except, guess what?  Anytime the incident made the news, even if it was less severe than other, similar, incidents, it's always, always charged as a felony.

What Watters is saying, albeit in a snide manner, is that he wants this attacker to receive the same degree of leniency typically showed by these soft on crime DA's.  Essentially, don't be extra harsh on this guy because his victim is high profile and the incident made national news.  Treat this guy like the thousands of other such attackers that didn't make the news.  I completely agree with your take on his tone and facial expressions, but his point is absolutely a valid one

You are being very charitable towards his reasoning for requesting leniency. I think it's much more likely that he just likes that a political opponent was assaulted.

But who knows, maybe I'm just not being charitable enough.

I am sympathetic to your frustrations with these DAs though. In my opinion, the leftist viewpoint on crime is that a lot of crimes, like robbery, theft and drug use (and even, to an extent, drug sale), are a product of desperation, despair and/or hopelessness and solving the problems that cause those things (such as systemic racism and other policies that keep poor people poor and desperate) should be the primary concern rather than dropping the hammer on individual criminals and writing them off as just inherently evil people ("super predators" and the like).

It also means bail reform so that a person isn't stuck in jail for months on end awaiting their trial only to be found not guilty just because they couldn't afford their bail (but ruining their life in the process due to lost wages, lost housing, lost family and friend connections etc). A way to do this would be to accelerate trials in which the suspect does not post bail. It could also mean decreasing (or possibly eliminating) bail for non-violent offenses. I think level of evidence should also be a major factor in bail. I would like to see charges be categorized into tiers based on the amount of evidence/level of certainty of the prosecution against the person and bail set accordingly (if someone is arrested and charged on circumstantial evidence rather than witness testimony or video evidence, they should be given lower bail than someone where there is tangible, visual evidence of their crime etc).

That all takes time and effort to develop and some of it may be too difficult to implement (expecting police to reliably tier suspects from "definitely guilty" to "possibly guilty" may be virtually impossible because of certain cognitive biases), but those are the kinds of reforms that I believe "leftists" should support.

I don't like the idea of just down-charging every violent offense to the point where people can assault others and not be charged for a felony because of it.

Relevant note, I'm not familiar with what SF/LA DAs are doing and am just taking your word on the way they operate. If there's more nuance than that, I have not looked into it far enough to have any further opinion.
Reply/Quote
We have ISUUE 1 on the ballot here. Issue 1 means that judges can consider 'public safety' when determining how to treat someone before them. Apparently a few years back, public safety was omitted from consideration. A judge couldn't consider it. The issue wants to re-instate the wording and I'll be voting for it....voting yes.
Reply/Quote
Bro ppl are crazy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I keep hearing weird ass things about this. Supposedly he opened the door for the police or some garbage
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 03:37 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I keep hearing weird ass things about this. Supposedly he opened the door for the police or some garbage

Yes sort of…Pelosi and DePape were in the foyer when the police arrived. Pelosi was able to open the door with his left hand as he and DePape struggled over the hammer. Pelosi’s right hand was on the hammer while DePape held onto his arm with one hand and the hammer with the other. He was successful in freeing the hammer and then struck Pelosi in the head. Sounds like it all was happening very quickly at that moment.

So yes he opened the door but it’s not the go to the door opening it casually, politely inviting the police into his home implied by certain media sources. It was desperately grabbing the door while he and the bad guy were struggling over the weapon.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 04:45 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: [Image: Fga2X2EXgAoCnt8?format=png&name=large]

What a nutjob.

I know it doesn't really need to be said, but despite being Canadian, we do not claim this fool.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Shocked

[Image: Screenshot-2023-08-06-084445.jpg]

I guess these aren't his comments?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/11/trump-calls-nancy-pelosi-an-animal-days-after-husband-hammer-attack

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/politics/donald-trump-paul-pelosi-reaction/index.html

He always was and always will be a liar and a cry-baby.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 09:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Shocked

[Image: Screenshot-2023-08-06-084445.jpg]

I guess these aren't his comments?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/11/trump-calls-nancy-pelosi-an-animal-days-after-husband-hammer-attack

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/politics/donald-trump-paul-pelosi-reaction/index.html

He always was and always will be a liar and a cry-baby.

Not that it really needs pointing out, but still, it's sadly hilarious. That demented psycho, that wicked witch who will go to hell, she called me a scared puppy! How could anyone say something sooo mean!
Reply/Quote