Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penalty Stat Question.
I know we see stats of how many penalty yards a team has in a game like 20 flags for 200 yards etc...

but does anywhere track the stats from the plays that were called back by penalty.? for the offensive side of the ball     Like  QB A has 220 yards 2 TDs 1 Pick stat line

But had 75 yards 2 TDs etc called back by penalty?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 05:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I know we see stats of how many penalty yards a team has in a game like 20 flags for 200 yards etc...

but does anywhere track the stats from the plays that were called back by penalty.? for the offensive side of the ball     Like  QB A has 220 yards 2 TDs 1 Pick stat line

Folks,honestly,what ZT is saying to the team is all true,however he is preaching to guys that simply are not good enough to win on sunday.His methods are super,but you have to have top players to make it work,If you watch the niners game,that will tell you they are just not good enough to make it happen,this line allows sack after sack and they are not top shelf.Yes we have SOME good players,but overall we need a massive overhaul and its going to take a couple of years to be for real.Look how long it took the browns to be for real.They have more 1st round picks than anyone in nfl.I just feel are going to be letdown again this sunday.This Buffalo team is very good and they are probably a wild card team with the pats in their division.This Bills team has had to fight against the best for a long time and they are extremely hungry and are just going to play lights out.I feel another loss,wish I was feeling different. :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
This may answer some of your questions...

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=775988
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 05:43 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Folks,honestly,what ZT is saying to the team is all true,however he is preaching to guys that simply are not good enough to win on sunday.His methods are super,but you have to have top players to make it work,If you watch the niners game,that will tell you they are just not good enough to make it happen,this line allows sack after sack and they are not top shelf.Yes we have SOME good players,but overall we need a massive overhaul and its going to take a couple of years to be for real.Look how long it took the browns to be for real.They have more 1st round picks than anyone in nfl.I just feel are going to be letdown again this sunday.This Buffalo team is very good and they are probably a wild card team with the pats in their division.This Bills team has had to fight against the best for a long time and they are extremely hungry and are just going to play lights out.I feel another loss,wish I was feeling different. :paul: :paul: :paul:

I killed a gopher with a stick one time.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 05:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I know we see stats of how many penalty yards a team has in a game like 20 flags for 200 yards etc...

I don't think it does any good to keep track of offensive yards wiped out by penalties because many times the offense would not have gained those yards if there was no penalty.  For example a QB may have a long pass called back because of a holding penalty, but if his blocker did not hold he might have been sacked instead of completing the long pass.

But nothing is more frustrating than having a play called back due to a penalty that had not effect on the play.  Like an illegal block 5 yards behind the ball carrier.  That happens a lot of kick and punt returns.
Reply/Quote