Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pence: Russia should face 'severe consequences' if it's behind hack
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKBN12G0PO

Quote:Republican vice presidential candidate Mike Pence contradicted running mate Donald Trump on Sunday by saying evidence points to Russian involvement in email hacks tied to the U.S. election and that Moscow should face "severe consequences" if it has compromised U.S. email security.

Pence, appearing in television interviews, also said he and Trump would respect the outcome of the Nov. 8 election. But later the same day Trump stuck by his contention that the race is being "rigged" by the media and at voting locations.

"The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary - but also at many polling places - SAD," Trump wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

U.S. intelligence officials believe Russia is behind recent email hacks targeting Democratic Party officials, including the continuing dumps by Wikileaks of documents stolen from the email account of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, John Podesta.

"I think there's no question that the evidence continues to point in that direction," Pence said. "There should be severe consequences to Russia or any sovereign nation that is compromising the privacy or the security of the United States of America."

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said in an interview that aired on Sunday that the United States would respond but he gave no details. "We're sending a message," he said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Russian President Vladimir Putin this week said his country was not involved in trying to influence the U.S. election.

[Image: ?m=02&d=20161016&t=2&i=1157649016&w=644&...XMPEC9F0IF]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Meh.... maybe don't let sensitive material lay about ?
If our security measures are that bad, stiffen them or don't rely on digital means.

Side note: Pence has a great "da fuq ?" face going on there.
Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk