Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pence Staged Exit.
(10-10-2017, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you say I've disrespected someone? 

Yes, that is my opinion on it.

(10-10-2017, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to your addition to the analogy: How am I to know that? 

I'm only pointing out additional details to your analogy that would actually be necessary to make is analogous to the situation with the flag. You don't need to know that information in the analogy, it's just a necessary part of it all. Assuming in the analogy you are using yourself in the place of the protesting players, the woman is the flag, and the husband of the woman being those claiming to be outraged over the disrespect.
(10-10-2017, 05:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes, that is my opinion on it.

I'm only pointing out additional details to your analogy that would actually be necessary to make is analogous to the situation with the flag. You don't need to know that information in the analogy, it's just a necessary part of it all. Assuming in the analogy you are using yourself in the place of the protesting players, the woman is the flag, and the husband of the woman being those claiming to be outraged over the disrespect.

So in your addition to the analogy you made Trump all the Flag and Anthem stands for?

Actually the ring was the Flag and the institution of marriage (which includes the spouse) was America.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-10-2017, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So in your addition to the analogy you made Trump all the Flag and Anthem stands for?

Actually the ring was the Flag and the institution of marriage (which includes the spouse) was America.  

So in this analogy is the married lady in the bar Kaepernick?  

If so was she at the bar not looking to cheat on her husband but rather to have a meeting with someone about an entirely unrelated subject before she was drugged and brought back to your place because you thought she was there for a different reason?

That would be closer to what Trump did to the whole kneeling protest.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-10-2017, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So in your addition to the analogy you made Trump all the Flag and Anthem stands for?

Not at all. Not sure why you say that.

(10-10-2017, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually the ring was the Flag and the institution of marriage (which includes the spouse) was America.  

Not far off from what I thought. My addition still stands.
(10-10-2017, 05:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not at all. Not sure why you say that.

Not far off from what I thought. My addition still stands.

Perfect. So something/someone was disrespected even though my intention was only to get laid. I did not intent to insult anyone; they are just an unfortunate byproduct of my agenda. 

(10-10-2017, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perfect. So something/someone was disrespected even though my intention was only to get laid. I did not intent to insult anyone; they are just an unfortunate byproduct of my agenda. 

Feeling disrespected, like being offended by slurs, is a subjective thing. Everyone will take things differently, and I have no objection to anyone's right to take offense to certain behaviors or words.

I've said before, I just have a hard time with the hypocrisy of it when the people that are taking offense disrespect the flag consistently. It makes it appear far less genuine, to me anyway. But, again, subjectivity is key here.
(10-10-2017, 05:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Feeling disrespected, like being offended by slurs, is a subjective thing. Everyone will take things differently, and I have no objection to anyone's right to take offense to certain behaviors or words.

I've said before, I just have a hard time with the hypocrisy of it when the people that are taking offense disrespect the flag consistently. It makes it appear far less genuine, to me anyway. But, again, subjectivity is key here.
You really shouldn't let other people's petty actions/words shape your sensibilities. Either failing to stand for the Anthem is disrespectful or it is not  

(10-10-2017, 06:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You really shouldn't let other people's actions/words shape your sensibilities. Either failing to stand for the Anthem is disrespectful or it is not  

Mellow

Two pages of you trying to justify the myth that the protestors meant to disrespect the flag (and veterans...although that seems to be dropped now) and then that line?  Two pages (maybe more) of "explaining" how you were offended/mad at their disrespect even when they clearly and calmly and repeatedly explained why they were kneeling and how it was meant to maintain respect while silently protesting and then:  "You really shouldn't let other people's actions/words shape your sensibilities."

You got offended over something that you were told to get mad about while ignoring the people who did the kneeling.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-10-2017, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perfect. So something/someone was disrespected even though my intention was only to get laid. I did not intent to insult anyone; they are just an unfortunate byproduct of my agenda. 

I don't know the context of this post, but that sounds like a noble agenda, Bfine.  :andy:
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-10-2017, 06:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Two pages of you trying to justify the myth that the protestors meant to disrespect the flag (and veterans...although that seems to be dropped now) and then that line?  Two pages (maybe more) of "explaining" how you were offended/mad at their disrespect even when they clearly and calmly and repeatedly explained why they were kneeling and how it was meant to maintain respect while silently protesting and then:  "You really shouldn't let other people's actions/words shape your sensibilities."

You got offended over something that you were told to get mad about while ignoring the people who did the kneeling.

I should have said petty words/actions. Thanks for proof reading.

As to the context of your message. I have never said I'm offended/mad and definitely not because because someone told me I should be. I have said that they are disrespecting the flag and their reasoning is to not show respect to the Flag and the Nation for which it stands. They most likely do not mean to disrespect the Military; however, that does not mean they are not. Intent usually doesn't absolve you unless you are Hillary Clinton on a private server.   

(10-10-2017, 06:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You really shouldn't let other people's petty actions/words shape your sensibilities. Either failing to stand for the Anthem is disrespectful or it is not  

It being disrespectful is not an objective thing. So it is not just "it is or it isn't". You're wrong.
(10-10-2017, 06:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It being disrespectful is not an objective thing. So it is not just "it is or it isn't". You're wrong.

Guess we'll find out.

(10-10-2017, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess we'll find out.

How so? There isn't anything that is going to change the subjectivity of opinions like an inference of disrespect.
(10-10-2017, 11:48 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Explain how you think the change in verbiage effectively changes anything?

What do YOU mean by "verbiage"?
(10-10-2017, 07:39 PM)Vlad Wrote: What do YOU mean by "verbiage"?

The words.
(10-10-2017, 12:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think my issue is that there is a lot of manufactured outrage claiming that these players and owners are disrespecting the flag, and therefore the country and service members. Meanwhile, the people saying this are drinking a Budweiser out of a can with an American flag on it, cooking brats while wearing a flag apron, a flag bandanna, flag boxers, and putting them on a paper plate with a flag on them and wiping their greasy mouths on flag napkins. All of which is something else against the code (and actually in the "respect for the flag" section).

So in short, they can bite me for their selective faux outrage.

Manufactured? Um no, this outrage is genuine. Manufactured outrage is what lefties do to advance an agenda.
Standing and respecting the flag and "to the country for which it stands" is not an agenda.

Also your equivalency argument is a joke. Apples and oranges.
(10-10-2017, 07:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: How so? There isn't anything that is going to change the subjectivity of opinions like an inference of disrespect.

People's opinions are wrong all the time. I have no idea how you can suggest otherwise. They may still feel they are are right; however, when we employ the reasonable person standard it is shown all the time that their opinion is wrong.

Perhaps we will find out if choosing not to stand and render honors to your country during its National Anthem is a form of disrespect to the Nation using the reasonable person standard. 

(10-10-2017, 08:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The words.

That's what I thought you meant by verbiage, and of course you are wrong.
Many misuse the word so don't feel bad.

speech or writing that uses too many words or excessively technical expressions.

synonyms:

verbosity, wordiness, prolixity, long-windedness, loquacity, rigmarole, circumlocution, superfluity, periphrasis
(10-10-2017, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: People's opinions are wrong all the time. I have no idea how you can suggest otherwise. They may still feel they are are right; however, when we employ the reasonable person standard it is shown all the time that their opinion is wrong.

Opinions about something subjective can't be wrong. When people state opinions about facts, those can be wrong, but something that is subjective isn't an either/or situation, it isn't right or wrong. That is what makes it subjective. The reason people have wrong opinions all of the time is because people like to state opinions as facts, which they are not.

(10-10-2017, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps we will find out if choosing not to stand and render honors to your country during its National Anthem is a form of disrespect to the Nation using the reasonable person standard. 

Even if you apply a reasonable person standard, this does not negate the subjectivity of the situation. You can say that "based upon the reasonable person standard, it is disrespectful to not stand for the flag and national anthem of your country" and I would tend to agree with you. However, that still does not make it a fact that it is disrespectful overall. You're still trying to apply objective terms to a subjective situation, which is illogical.
(10-10-2017, 08:26 PM)Vlad Wrote: Manufactured? Um no, this outrage is genuine. Manufactured outrage is what lefties do to advance an agenda.
Standing and respecting the flag and "to the country for which it stands" is not an agenda.

Also your equivalency argument is a joke. Apples and oranges.

Then why does every one of those things violate the "respect for the flag" section of the US Flag Code? If we are going to talk about disrespect for the flag, why shouldn't we bring into the discussion all of these things that, according to US law, are disrespectful to the flag? Are you for disrespecting the flag AND the law, now?