Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Penei Sewell Tests Positive For Covid
It looks like we may have dodged a bullet by drafting Chase instead of Sewell:

Quote:Dan Campbell will have to wait a little longer to see one of his newest kneecap biters on the field.

Lions No. 7 overall pick Penei Sewell said on social media Wednesday that he tested positive for COVID-19 and therefore will not attend this weekend’s rookie minicamp in Detroit.

“Found out this past weekend I tested positive for COVID,” Sewell said on Twitter. “Really wish I was heading to my new home today and able to be at mini-camp with my new teammates and coaches. Look forward to getting out to the D as soon as I’m cleared!”

Sewell likely won’t miss out on too much, especially considering he’s already been in the Lions’ facility for a tour and a press conference after the team selected him.

Though the NFL Players Association was encouraging incoming players to skip rookie minicamp and voluntary offseason workouts, the Jets, Raiders, and Colts had near-perfect attendance at their minicamps last weekend.

I hope it's as minor as it sounds and I'd never wish Covid on anyone, but, with our luck, it might end up being a blessing that we didn't draft him.
Reply/Quote
Not really sure how this is a blessing. He will be fine.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 05:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not really sure how this is a blessing. He will be fine.

Never said it was a blessing that he has it but, like I said, with our luck, I'm glad that we didn't draft him.
Reply/Quote
Really?

I just hope and pray he recovers fully. This has zero to do with drafting.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 05:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Never said it was a blessing that he has it but, like I said, with our luck, I'm glad that we didn't draft him.

Yes, I know you didn't say that and didn't mean to insinuate that you did. You said, " it might end up being a blessing that we didn't draft him." I'm just stating not sure how it would be? No big deal, I just don't see how a player getting covid in the offseason or anytime for that matter has to do with anything unless he's one of the unfortunate ones which I doubt. Detroit fans would be more upset if he was complaining of a toenail stub that caused redness than a covid diagnosis (which is probably another false positive anyway).

Reply/Quote
He’ll likely be fine and back with the team in no time.

And anyone can test positive for COVID, even people who don’t have COVID. Has 0 effect on whether or not it was a good draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 05:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It looks like we may have dodged a bullet by drafting Chase instead of Sewell:

I hope it's as minor as it sounds and I'd never wish Covid on anyone, but, with our luck, it might end up being a blessing that we didn't draft him.

Assuming he makes full recovery, I'm not seeing how the Bengals "dodged a bullet" by not drafting Sewell.
With that said, there's no guarantee that a person will fully recover from COVID.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 06:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really?

I just hope and pray he recovers fully. This has zero to do with drafting.

Well, he will miss rookie minicamp. It's probably a tiny thing, but maybe a little less tiny for a guy who's only 20 and did not play football for a season.

If the Bengals had picked him, there would be some discomfort about that I suppose. Hence I get where the OP is coming from.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 07:11 PM)hollodero Wrote: there would be some discomfort about that I suppose.

Maybe Detroit will cut him and we can pick him up?  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
I wonder if someone at his draft party was infected and spread it there?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 07:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I wonder if someone at his draft party was infected and spread it there?

He did it all for the covid, "What?" he was devoted, "what?" and MF got promoted and said, "Stick it up our "Yeah," stick it up our "Yeah," stick it up our, "Yeah!"

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 06:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He’ll likely be fine and back with the team in no time.

And anyone can test positive for COVID, even people who don’t have COVID. Has 0 effect on whether or not it was a good draft pick.

Yessir, my wife had a false positive on one of the instant tests.  The did the full test and came back negative. (thankfully)  But I agree with you, and the others in this thread that Sewell getting covid has no bearing on weather we did or didn't select him being a good or bad move.  Just dumb luck.  Hope the guy is healthy soon.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yessir, my wife had a false positive on one of the instant tests.  The did the full test and came back negative. (thankfully)  But I agree with you, and the others in this thread that Sewell getting covid has no bearing on weather we did or didn't select him being a good or bad move.  Just dumb luck.  Hope the guy is healthy soon.

Hell, I don't think it would have mattered if he was diagnosed minutes before the draft. The outcome probably would have been the same.

Reply/Quote
Young Kid getting Covid that is a world athlete.... not terribly concerned.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
With the family/friend gatherings many players had for draft night, it felt inevitable that a few players would test positive. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 07:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He did it all for the covid, "What?" he was devoted, "what?" and MF got promoted and said, "Stick it up our "Yeah," stick it up our "Yeah," stick it up our, "Yeah!"

Fun fact - Nookie came out a year before Penei Sewell was born.  Shocked
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yessir, my wife had a false positive on one of the instant tests.  The did the full test and came back negative. (thankfully)  But I agree with you, and the others in this thread that Sewell getting covid has no bearing on weather we did or didn't select him being a good or bad move.  Just dumb luck.  Hope the guy is healthy soon.

The NFL does retests in the event of a positive test.  Since Sewell has been ruled out of rookie camp, it's safe to say he has been retested and it's not a false positive.

Everyone I know who's gotten COVID falls more into "Just dumb" than "Just dumb luck.". 
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: The NFL does retests in the event of a positive test.  Since Sewell has been ruled out of rookie camp, it's safe to say he has been retested and it's not a false positive.

Everyone I know who's gotten COVID falls more into "Just dumb" than "Just dumb luck.". 

Everyone that YOU know.  However, I know plenty of people who have been very observant of the protocols and procedures, and still were infected.  That is why I say "just dumb luck".  Now, this isn't the place for this particular line of discussion, so let's please just leave it at that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: The NFL does retests in the event of a positive test.  Since Sewell has been ruled out of rookie camp, it's safe to say he has been retested and it's not a false positive.

That's a ****** up thing to say. 

I know plenty of Healthcare workers who got it while helping other people so in your mind they are dumb for helping others?

Seriously we get it... you hate Sewell and have a man crush on Chase but to drag that into calling people who have died from a disease dumb is beyond pathetic. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 09:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That's a ****** up thing to say. 

I know plenty of Healthcare workers who got it while helping other people so in your mind they are dumb for helping others?

Seriously we get it... you hate Sewell and have a man crush on Chase but to drag that into calling people who have died from a disease dumb is beyond pathetic. 

None of the healthcare workers I know have gotten COVID, though all have dealt with people with COVID.  I wouldn't call a healthcare worker that gets COVID dumb because it goes with the job, though.  Penei Sewell isn't a healthcare worker, though.  

As for the rest of your overdramatic BS, you continue to prove over and over again that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.  Now that's truly pathetic.
Reply/Quote