Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pennsylvania's Predator Priests
(08-20-2018, 11:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: As I have stated I know the Catholic Church because I am part of it.  That is why I comment on it more.  

And I said I don't think this is a Catholic only thing.

But to force a conversation into talking about Islamic extremism is disingenuous.   This is about a specific report about a widespread problem in the Catholic church.  

Thanks for you input though. 

I am in no way trying conduct a conversation about Islamic extremism....that topic has run it's course.

I was exposing double standards and hypocrisy so prevalent among the left by throwing your own logic back at you.

Although i'm non practicing, I'm Catholic too and this whole pedo priest thing sucks.
I don't know what the answer is other than for the church to ban gays from entering the priesthood....or letting priests marry.

Outside the church the majority of molested children are girls.

Within the Catholic church the overwhelming majority of children molested are boys.
The Catholic priesthood is a haven for gay men. Put 2 and 2 together.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2017/04/20/how_the_catholic_priesthood_became_a_haven_for_many_gay_men.html
(08-20-2018, 05:05 PM)Vlad Wrote: I don't know what the answer is other than for the church to ban gays from entering the priesthood....or letting priests marry.

Outside the church the majority of molested children are girls.

Within the Catholic church the overwhelming majority of children molested are boys.
The Catholic priesthood is a haven for gay men. Put 2 and 2 together.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2017/04/20/how_the_catholic_priesthood_became_a_haven_for_many_gay_men.html

gay=/=pedophile.

Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-20-2018, 11:39 AM)Vlad Wrote: LOL really?

The only nuclear weapons ever deployed were  A-bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. That should help get you started on your research.

Yes, religion has been detrimental towards humanity...consider at all the death and destruction caused by Islamic extremism alone in the name of religion.
(I find it hilarious how all you wasted no time bashing the Catholic Church and priests, yet not a peep out of you when it came to pedophile Imams and executioners of gay people...instead you defended them.)

Furthermore, it is not religion that was most detrimental to humanity. It is secularism. Pol Pot, Mao, Lenin...

http://www.ukapologetics.net/secularism.htm

What a mish mash of disinformation on your apologetics site. 

"In the 20th century alone, more people were slaughtered under Secularist God-denying governments, and in the name of secularist ideologies, such as Nazism and Communism, than in all the documented religious persecutions within western history combined!"

Sorry, but "secularism" is what enabled the emergence of religious tolerance and modern "western" governments based upon merit and rule of law. It is not "god-denying" and does not = "Pol Pot, Mao, Lenin."

And Nazis weren't secularists. The Nazi state erased the wall between church and state with established religion. Killing a few pastors critical of the Nazi  state doesn't make it suddenly "secular."  And Britain and the US didn't fight Nazi Germany because they were "Christian" states. Jeezus.

And the Rwandan genocide was a result of "secularism"?  The crazy list of undocumented deaths in China stretching from the early period of civil war to WWII and finally the Cultural Revolution--all attributed to Mao--would clue you in to the fact your source is not vetting information at all if you wanted that clue.  If your source was applying the same standards to "Christianity" that it uses for Communism, then it would count the millions of African slaves and native Americans who died under Christian control, including any who starved to death or died in prison. It would also include the millions killed in wars of colonial domination world wide.  

This is simply propaganda intended for people with no historical background. In place of real historical actors, nations and leaders are mobilized as religiously defined symbols of good and evil, and in the style of Biblical books like Revelations. The only thing different is the addition of squirrely numbers to tote up a seeming quantitative measure of good vs evil.  This is not history.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-18-2018, 01:09 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I went to a friends Mom's funeral the other day... The weird man child alter boy and preacher coming out wearing dresses. The alter boy acting as the servant to the preacher sitting in a throne... It was my first time in awhile sitting through a service. 

Needless to say. It seemed weirder than ever. Almost like if you weren't brain washed from a young age you would be like wtf is this shit.  I occasionally went to church as a youngin. So i am not a total outsider. But as a grown man sitting through that stuff i was embarassed for all the adults involved

Probably shouldn’t go back then.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I may not have to go back. I could just go out and help spread the word like this dude
(08-21-2018, 12:05 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:

I may not have to go back. I could just go out and help spread the word like this dude

Don't know that he's Catholic.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall