Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pens win the Cup!
That is all.

"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Grats. My Sharks did a lot better than I thought they were going to. I was surprised we even beat the Kings let alone made it to game 6 of the finals.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 10:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Grats. My Sharks did a lot better than I thought they were going to. I was surprised we even beat the Kings let alone made it to game 6 of the finals.

Jones was on fire in that final series. I've heard from other Sharks fans on reddit that he hasn't been quite so on point all year, but he stepped it up something fierce in that series. He is the reason it wasn't over in 4, really.

Crosby with the Conn Smythe, I have mixed feelings on for sure. I am not as against it as others, but I think it could easily have gone to Letang, Murray, or Kessel as well.

Also, how the **** did you end up a Sharks fan?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 10:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Jones was on fire in that final series. I've heard from other Sharks fans on reddit that he hasn't been quite so on point all year, but he stepped it up something fierce in that series. He is the reason it wasn't over in 4, really.

Crosby with the Conn Smythe, I have mixed feelings on for sure. I am not as against it as others, but I think it could easily have gone to Letang, Murray, or Kessel as well.

yeah i would have preferred it go to Murray
People suck
Reply/Quote
Did the Pens' goalie stand on his head?... what a goofy phrase. It's very Nickelback and Bryan Adams.

I usually watch at least some of the Stanley Cup, but they were 3 games in before I realized it was going on. I caught about 10 minutes of game 5 the other night. 4 goals had been scored in no time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 04:44 PM)jason Wrote: Did the Pens' goalie stand on his head?... what a goofy phrase. It's very Nickelback and Bryan Adams.

I usually watch at least some of the Stanley Cup, but they were 3 games in before I realized it was going on. I caught about 10 minutes of game 5 the other night. 4 goals had been scored in no time.

I would say Jones was the one on his head, the Sharks goalie.

But yeah, that game 5 first few minutes was insane.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 05:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would say Jones was the one on his head, the Sharks goalie.

But yeah, that game 5 first few minutes was insane.
I'm a very casual fan when it comes to hockey. I wasn't exposed to it as a kid. When I was in college, we liked to play the NHL game on the old Sega. That's how I learned players names back then. We turned the penalties off and just go at it, so I don't really know all of the nuances. When the Blue Jackets came to be, I lived in Columbus & went to a few games. It's awesome live. I really like playoff hockey. I'm kinda disappointed I missed the series.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 08:10 PM)jason Wrote: I'm a very casual fan when it comes to hockey. I wasn't exposed to it as a kid. When I was in college, we liked to play the NHL game on the old Sega. That's how I learned players names back then. We turned the penalties off and just go at it, so I don't really know all of the nuances. When the Blue Jackets came to be, I lived in Columbus & went to a few games. It's awesome live. I really like playoff hockey. I'm kinda disappointed I missed the series.

I was 5 & 6 for the first two Cup wins for the Pens. A young Pittsburgh fan embroiled in that, with Le Magnifique and Jaromir Jagr knocking in goals, and on top of that you had the great one playing for the Kings at the time, and then the ribbon to tie it all together of the movie The Mighty Ducks comings out...I was doomed to hockey fandom for life.

The sad thing is that I live in a hockey desert. Even though I am in Caps country, very few people here pay attention to the sport and so it doesn't get much television time, especially when it comes to the Pens. So I kind of live for playoff hockey since it's the only time I really get to watch the games.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2016, 10:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Jones was on fire in that final series. I've heard from other Sharks fans on reddit that he hasn't been quite so on point all year, but he stepped it up something fierce in that series. He is the reason it wasn't over in 4, really.

He was pretty solid for most of the playoffs. A lot of low scoring games and some shut outs. Pretty much all of the games this last series were 1 score games with the exception of the two involving some empty net scores.

As for how I am a Sharks fan, 7 years ago I was at a bar in DC. I decided that I didn't like this whole Caps bandwagon and people pretending they were all the sudden hockey fans, so I said "next team on TV is my team". It was the Sharks. Do I really follow hockey or understand all of it? No, but I started watching as many games this playoffs as possible and have followed their seasons online every year since.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 05:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He was pretty solid for most of the playoffs. A lot of low scoring games and some shut outs. Pretty much all of the games this last series were 1 score games with the exception of the two involving some empty net scores.

As for how I am a Sharks fan, 7 years ago I was at a bar in DC. I decided that I didn't like this whole Caps bandwagon and people pretending they were all the sudden hockey fans, so I said "next team on TV is my team". It was the Sharks. Do I really follow hockey or understand all of it? No, but I started watching as many games this playoffs as possible and have followed their seasons online every year since.

Yeah, I am the only one in my family that really gets hockey. The rest of them will cheer for goals and good saves, but I'm the one in the room yelling at the officials for bad calls and no calls or cheering for good plays that may not result in a goal. I love hockey because it is constant action and growing up as a transplanted Yinzer during the first two successful Cup runs for the Pens solidified it for me.

Reply/Quote
Stick it in ya
Reply/Quote