Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentagon UFO Progam Revealed
This has been getting a lot of media play over the past couple of days. In my opinion, its one of the most significant news stories of the past 20 years, if not more. You basically have former pentagon UFO program employees admitting that, in their opinion, from things they have seen, that we are not alone. They also admit to actual evidence and there is actual video evidence now of UFOs (extra terrestrial or not) doing unexplainable things.

This is honestly, in my opinion, one of the most important and significant news stories of the past 20 years. Interesting stuff.

Original story:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html?smid=fb-share

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/12/19/luis-elizondo-intv-ufo-pentagon-program-purpose-other-life-not-alone-sot-ebof.cnn/video/playlists/ufo-meteor-or-something-else/
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I don't know how people assume we are alone. I mean there are tons of planets out there are they just sitting their waiting for 1 race to discover them all?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:07 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I don't know how people assume we are alone. I mean there are tons of planets out there are they just sitting their waiting for 1 race to discover them all?

It's highly unlikely we are alone. It's also highly unlikely we'll ever meet an extraterrestrial species because of the speed of light barrier.

The notion there are UFOs around and government needs to look into it sounds a bit ridiculous to me. As does the idea of UFOs in general, showing up secretly and under the radar.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 01:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: It's highly unlikely we are alone. It's also highly unlikely we'll ever meet an extraterrestrial species because of the speed of light barrier.

The notion there are UFOs around and government needs to look into it sounds a bit ridiculous to me. As does the idea of UFOs in general, showing up secretly and under the radar.

Speed of light barrier? You do realize that there may be a species out there that can travel faster than the speed of light, right? 

Us humans have the tech to travel faster than the speed of sound, so why would it be so unbelievable that a more intelligent life form has the capability to travel faster than the speed of light? 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 02:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Speed of light barrier? You do realize that there may be a species out there that can travel faster than the speed of light, right? 

Us humans have the tech to travel faster than the speed of sound, so why would it be so unbelievable that a more intelligent life form has the capability to travel faster than the speed of light? 

Well, first off if alien life exists, which seems quite likely, why should they be so much more intelligent. And the speed of light barrier is not equivalent to the speed of sound barrier - physical laws don't forbid exceeding that speed. They do regarding the speed of light. Maybe there's a way around it for beings far more intelligent then we are, maybe we oversaw something, but then again, maybe not. This fundamental law might just as well be actually fundamental.

I really would wonder why an uber-intelligent alien race would take decade-long efforts to fly around undetected, only for some lone pilots to occasionally spot. Why would they do that.

Nothing's probably completely unthinkable, but adding it all up the existence of alien UFOs just seems highly unlikely to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 05:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, first off if alien life exists, which seems quite likely, why should they be so much more intelligent. And the speed of light barrier is not equivalent to the speed of sound barrier - physical laws don't forbid exceeding that speed. They do regarding the speed of light. Maybe there's a way around it for beings far more intelligent then we are, maybe we oversaw something, but then again, maybe not. This fundamental law might just as well be actually fundamental.

I really would wonder why an uber-intelligent alien race would take decade-long efforts to fly around undetected, only for some lone pilots to occasionally spot. Why would they do that.

Nothing's probably completely unthinkable, but adding it all up the existence of alien UFOs just seems highly unlikely to me.

Think of how long our modern technology has existed for. Cellphones & personal computers roughly 30 years, and improving every day. Rocket technology 70 some years, same with nuclear. Cars just over a 100 years. Planes 90 some years. So basically all these advances of our technology, medicine, science, education mainly has been accelerating at a high pace in the last 200 years. Thats just a generalization too, not to get picky on numbers or anything. 

But lets say an alien intelligent species began their advances in those things 100,000 years ago, or 1 million years ago lets say. If we have advanced this far in 200 years, alien species could have been advancing for much much longer than we have.

Here is another idea I like to play with. Most scientists agree that an asteroid or comet ended the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. Then from point on all life changed on earth that has led up to the current day. What if that asteroid or comet had hit 66 million years ago let's say. Granted its a very generic thought, but it would be possible that where we are at today as a civilization would have been 1 million years ago. 

Not trying to argue or anything, just throwing some other thoughts out there on this.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 06:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Think of how long our modern technology has existed for. Cellphones & personal computers roughly 30 years, and improving every day. Rocket technology 70 some years, same with nuclear. Cars just over a 100 years. Planes 90 some years. So basically all these advances of our technology, medicine, science, education mainly has been accelerating at a high pace in the last 200 years. Thats just a generalization too, not to get picky on numbers or anything. 

But lets say an alien intelligent species began their advances in those things 100,000 years ago, or 1 million years ago lets say. If we have advanced this far in 200 years, alien species could have been advancing for much much longer than we have.

Here is another idea I like to play with. Most scientists agree that an asteroid or comet ended the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. Then from point on all life changed on earth that has led up to the current day. What if that asteroid or comet had hit 66 million years ago let's say. Granted its a very generic thought, but it would be possible that where we are at today as a civilization would have been 1 million years ago. 

Not trying to argue or anything, just throwing some other thoughts out there on this.

Hmm

Sure, you're right. The thought there could be more intelligent life forms than us in the universe is far from far fetched. If one looks around.

I still believe in the light speed barrier though, that might not be just a technological issue. And also that Aliens wouldn't play hide and seek with us if they were here. It's a long way from possible intelligent life in the universe to UFOs still.
Reply/Quote
How freaky would it be if it wasn't alien life from another planet but from our own ocean?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 01:02 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How freaky would it be if it wasn't alien life from another planet but from our own ocean?

[Image: 1-geoscape_000.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 07:51 PM)hollodero Wrote: Hmm

Sure, you're right. The thought there could be more intelligent life forms than us in the universe is far from far fetched. If one looks around.

I still believe in the light speed barrier though, that might not be just a technological issue. And also that Aliens wouldn't play hide and seek with us if they were here. It's a long way from possible intelligent life in the universe to UFOs still.

Dude....havent you ever seen star wars. Light speed is more than possible.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 01:02 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How freaky would it be if it wasn't alien life from another planet but from our own ocean?

What if the "aliens" are actually the same species as us. We were just placed on earth thousands of years ago by them and they just stop by occasionally to monitor us and see how we are doing. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 11:32 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What if the "aliens" are actually the same species as us. We were just placed on earth thousands of years ago by them and they just stop by occasionally to monitor us and see how we are doing. 

we are nothing more than a science experiment for them.  we are the bacteria of their peitry dish.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 06:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Think of how long our modern technology has existed for. Cellphones & personal computers roughly 30 years, and improving every day. Rocket technology 70 some years, same with nuclear. Cars just over a 100 years. Planes 90 some years. So basically all these advances of our technology, medicine, science, education mainly has been accelerating at a high pace in the last 200 years. Thats just a generalization too, not to get picky on numbers or anything. 

We also hold ourselves back like all the lost knowledge during the darkages where we had to start over again.

Greed holds back advancement too. You mention 30 years of cellphones but thr first mobile phones were invented in the 1940s it took nearly around 25 years for them to develop the handheld (early 70s) and another 10 years after that to actually sell them to the population. Why it took so long was thr phone companies lobbying against them.

To the OP: I think it's awesome that they are actually admitting there have been UFOs. We are also talking about finally building a base on the moon so they can build ships to send further out. Can you imagine Generation ships in our lifetime?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
My theory on "proof" we've been visited has always been - "wait, they can travel way fast than the speed of light, but can't or don't bother to cloak themselves....and occasionally CRASH?!?!"

While life almost certainly exists elsewhere in the universe, very advanced life capable of traveling easy throughout the universe might be a leap of faith. Humans may not exist, or have thrived, if an asteroid hadn't wiped out the dinosaurs. Dinosaurs, by the way, were here a lot longer than us and never became highly intelligent. We evolved from our primate cousins, but they have not really advanced....Humans evolved and advanced quite quickly - why are we the only species on Earth, and in 4B years, for that to be true of?

And there are 4-5 other extinction events that we've been fortunate to escape and may not yet be capable of avoiding.

Sure, the numbers/odds are astronomical. But what if we assume only 1 in 1B stars has a planet that can support life? And then only 1 in 1B of those actually has life at some point? Now what are the odds that life wasn't prematurely snuffed out in an extinction event? Finally what are the odds intelligent life is able to thrive and advance on that planet? And amidst of a host of other factors, that this intelligent life is capable enough and survives long enough to leave it's solar system? Suddenly the numbers/odds are infinitesimally smaller.

Let's consider this, also. The Earth is @ 4.5B years old. The universe is 13.5B years old, so we aren't a terribly young planet. Life has existed on Earth for maybe 2.5B years....humans only for a teeny tiny fraction of that. So while a civilization just 1000 years older than us would be hugely more advanced, you have a ton of variables with huge variance (none of which particularly favors thriving and advancing). While we are likely not alone, that's quite possibly still a very small, exclusive club.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Not sure what’s in the link provided by the OP. However, the NYT released a video allegedly showing a UFO being tracked by a military aircraft. Keep in mind that military pilots are highly trained in everything applicable in the air.

Ironically, conspiracy theorists are calling BS on all this ‘disclosure’. (They) are claiming it’s part of Project Bluebeam a government CIA NASA program in which a staged alien invasion ushers in a one world government/new age religion, yada yada yada.

Buyer beware.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 11:32 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What if the "aliens" are actually the same species as us. We were just placed on earth thousands of years ago by them and they just stop by occasionally to monitor us and see how we are doing. 

Better yet...what if aliens are us. What if future humans have developed the ability to time travel? The "aliens" are humans from the future coming back to observe earlier history. They understand the consequences of messing with the timeline, so they avoid human contact at all costs to avoid messing up the future they currently reside in. Only since they are human, they have made a few mistakes like getting seen or crashing. This could also explain the government cover up that conspiracy theorists like to claim. Let's say the Roswell crash indeed happened. Maybe at least one of the occupants of the ship survived long enough to explain the time travel thing to the people who found the ship. The military then realized the real threat to humanity would be messing up the timeline by exposing the truth. Therefore they have kept the secret for humanity's sake.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 12:04 PM)Beaker Wrote: Better yet...what if aliens are us. What if future humans have developed the ability to time travel? The "aliens" are humans from the future coming back to observe earlier history. They understand the consequences of messing with the timeline, so they avoid human contact at all costs to avoid messing up the future they currently reside in. Only since they are human, they have made a few mistakes like getting seen or crashing. This could also explain the government cover up that conspiracy theorists like to claim. Let's say the Roswell crash indeed happened. Maybe at least one of the occupants of the ship survived long enough to explain the time travel thing to the people who found the ship. The military then realized the real threat to humanity would be messing up the timeline by exposing the truth. Therefore they have kept the secret for humanity's sake.

Alternatively, what if people in the future traveled back, crashed at Roswell and messed up the timeline so that the future where humans traveled back in time no longer exists and, hence, there haven't been any more 'alien' visits?

Time altering is a bad mutha.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Yep,

Just in our galaxy there are perhaps 1 billion stars ? They don't really know. The % is very high there are numerous life supporting capable planets just in our neighborhood. Dozens, hundreds ? It's a pretty good bet there's intelligent life very near us on the universe scale.

Now in the universe it's a slam dunk ! There's just way to much out there for it to be devoid of intelligent life. And like you and others have said it's probably very likely there's life out there thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions of years older than ours.

Speed of light barrier ? Like you speak of they used to say man will never fly. There may be life out there that thinks of the speed of light like we think of driving to the store, child's play.

Kinda different subject but by the way I don't think the history of the earth is even close to what we've been taught. Or in other words we were way off in the initial thesis. 

How all of this comes together and what is to come ?

But it's a very safe bet we're not alone. And I'd say it's a decent bet there's intelligent life out there that's way ahead of us.
Reply/Quote
There is a line of thinking that humans have existed in their current form for over 100,000 years, and have had long stretches of history with very little technological advancement. There have also been periods of significant advancement interspersed among those long stretches. Some say aliens have always been among us and have provided those tech advances as humans have become more able to accept them. The huge tech leaps we have made in the 20th century were due to the fact that we had advanced enough in other areas of humanity that the aliens have felt we are at a place where those advances could be seamlessly integrated into our culture. In other words, we are not making all these amazing discoveries and advances all on our own.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 11:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: There is a line of thinking that humans have existed in their current form for over 100,000 years, and have had long stretches of history with very little technological advancement. There have also been periods of significant advancement interspersed among those long stretches. Some say aliens have always been among us and have provided those tech advances as humans have become more able to accept them. The huge tech leaps we have made in the 20th century were due to the fact that we had advanced enough in other areas of humanity that the aliens have felt we are at a place where those advances could be seamlessly integrated into our culture. In other words, we are not making all these amazing discoveries and advances all on our own.

I find this very hard to believe. 
Reply/Quote