Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentagon UFO Progam Revealed
(12-27-2017, 11:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: There is a line of thinking that humans have existed in their current form for over 100,000 years, and have had long stretches of history with very little technological advancement. There have also been periods of significant advancement interspersed among those long stretches. Some say aliens have always been among us and have provided those tech advances as humans have become more able to accept them. The huge tech leaps we have made in the 20th century were due to the fact that we had advanced enough in other areas of humanity that the aliens have felt we are at a place where those advances could be seamlessly integrated into our culture. In other words, we are not making all these amazing discoveries and advances all on our own.

Interesting theory, but there's two problems:
1) War - they wait until we're advanced enough to handle this, but let us have a nuclear bomb?

2) I don't believe any scientific evidence puts modern man at over 100k years old (closer to like 10k?).

Plus, random interspersed technological leaps is EXACTLY what I would expect to happen where that rare genius is born into a situation where he/she sees the problem and opportunity AND has the ability to change it.

If I went back 100 years, even with the idea and basic understanding of how computers work, I would have 0 chance of building one.  I probably don't even know enough to give someone the idea of a blueprint.  But maybe I do know enough to turn on the light bulb for someone who is capable, assuming I can find that person.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 06:07 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Interesting theory, but there's two problems:
1) War - they wait until we're advanced enough to handle this, but let us have a nuclear bomb?

2) I don't believe any scientific evidence puts modern man at over 100k years old (closer to like 10k?).

Plus, random interspersed technological leaps is EXACTLY what I would expect to happen where that rare genius is born into a situation where he/she sees the problem and opportunity AND has the ability to change it.

If I went back 100 years, even with the idea and basic understanding of how computers work, I would have 0 chance of building one.  I probably don't even know enough to give someone the idea of a blueprint.  But maybe I do know enough to turn on the light bulb for someone who is capable, assuming I can find that person.

Homosapien is much older than 10k yo and there is plenty of evidence to support this. Human civilization is only around 10k yo.

https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/homo2/mod_homo_4.htm
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 01:28 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Homosapien is much older than 10k yo and there is plenty of evidence to support this. Human civilization is only around 10k yo.

https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/homo2/mod_homo_4.htm

So fire and maybe the wheel....then basically nothing else for nearly 200k years.  That's the argument for aliens helping our technology along selectively?
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 01:18 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So fire and maybe the wheel....then basically nothing else for nearly 200k years.  That's the argument for aliens helping our technology along selectively?

Exactly.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 01:18 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So fire and maybe the wheel....then basically nothing else for nearly 200k years.  That's the argument for aliens helping our technology along selectively?

Some of it can be explained by evolution and the development of the human brain.

All we know for certain is that over the last 200ish years the human race has been developing quickly and with each new discovery the next one comes even quicker.

...of course this is all leading to the Robot Revolution.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6CsBXvge7YbzcpsoTeFu...k6QZDaq3PA]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There IS alien life here and they were the absolute dumbest among their species sent out unwillingly to discover cities to run NFL franchises and one just happened to land in Cincinnati..
I'm not naming names, but...you know..
Do you think it's a coincidence that PBS somewhat resembles a space ship with the top chopped off?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:07 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I don't know how people assume we are alone. I mean there are tons of planets out there are they just sitting their waiting for 1 race to discover them all?

This is two different things IMHO. Of course, there is life everywhere but can we physically travel that far ?

The universe is big, insanely big.

I don't think any physical entity can travel to lightspeed. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:06 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: This is two different things IMHO. Of course, there is life everywhere but can we physically travel that far ?

The universe is big, insanely big.

I don't think any physical entity can travel to lightspeed. 

Something else to toss into the mix is that most people think in terms of our one year. Uranus for example takes 84 earth years to orbit the sun. That's an entire lifetime for most of us and very difficult for most people to wrap their minds around.. Even though it probably would never be able to sustain life in any form imagine if it could and you were born there and reached the ripe old age of 84 on Uranus..In earth years you would be 7056 years old and that's a lot of time to learn stuff.. I figure that in 7056 years you probably might figure out how to travel faster than light..
Hey! On Uranus Mikey would be almost a year old.. Just a quick show of hands how many of you even want to imagine Mikey being on Uranus? It's a trick question..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
But there could be UFOs but those are only probes.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 05:55 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: But there could be UFOs but those are only probes.

Yup, only probes until the mothership reaches us in 5 years and totally annihilates our species and existence. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yup, only probes until the mothership reaches us in 5 years and totally annihilates our species and existence. 

Not a chance.

Nobody except Earthians could survive Earth, it's a millions years cell evolution and aliens wouldn't have any 'antibody' [ medecine ] to survive here.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:35 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Not a chance.

Nobody except Earthians could survive Earth, it's a millions years cell evolution and aliens wouldn't have any 'antibody' [ medecine ] to survive here.

As Lil' Dicky so eloquently stated in the song Pillow Talking, "We go hard or Earth".
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:06 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I don't think any physical entity can travel to lightspeed. 

With worm holes you don't have to travel at light speed to cover vast distances. Same thing with warp drives.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 09:57 AM)Beaker Wrote: With worm holes you don't have to travel at light speed to cover vast distances. Same thing with warp drives.

This is pure theory.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 04:43 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: This is pure theory.

Yes...for humans. But maybe not for more advanced civilizations elsewhere in the universe. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: Yes...for humans. But maybe not for more advanced civilizations elsewhere in the universe. 

If it's a flesh civilization, it's unlikely.

I stand with my probes Big Grin 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: Yes...for humans. But maybe not for more advanced civilizations elsewhere in the universe. 

Assuming for the sake of argument that there other "civilizations' in the universe, it could just as easily be the case that earth dwelling humans are the most advanced beings in the universe.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 09:30 PM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: Assuming for the sake of argument that there other "civilizations' in the universe, it could just as easily be the case that earth dwelling humans are the most advanced beings in the universe.

Given that the universe is 13+ billion years old, the earth 4.5 billion, and modern humans only around 200k years that is unlikely. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 09:57 AM)Beaker Wrote: With worm holes you don't have to travel at light speed to cover vast distances. Same thing with warp drives.

(01-06-2018, 07:03 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: If it's a flesh civilization, it's unlikely.

I stand with my probes Big Grin 

(01-07-2018, 09:30 PM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: Assuming for the sake of argument that there other "civilizations' in the universe, it could just as easily be the case that earth dwelling humans are the most advanced beings in the universe.

(01-08-2018, 12:22 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Given that the universe is 13+ billion years old, the earth 4.5 billion, and modern humans only around 200k years that is unlikely. 

Reading through this thread is pretty interesting / entertaining. Cool stuff to think about. :andy:
Reply/Quote
I think quite often about the difficulties and limitations of such extreme long distance travel. If a civilization somewhere out there does indeed possess the ability to skip about the galaxy or universe, what could possibly be their motivation to come here and hide so poorly?

I think time travelers are much more likely. However, there’s a scenario that I haven’t seen brought up here yet.

What if it’s visitors, not from another planet, but from another space. We’re getting into all sorts of science surrounding the existence of multiple universes or dimensions. Scientists studying string theory and M theory say that these dimensions can “touch” and be manipulated. That crossing over could be theoretically possible.

We also need to address the differences in faster than light travel and warp drives. It’s very unlikely that a civilization would be able to exceed the speed of light using conventional propulsion systems. However, a sufficiently advanced society could bend space and time (aka warp drive) to move through space almost instantaneously. You’re not breaking the laws of nature because you and your “ship” are technically sitting still. You’re riding a “wave” of space time to your destination.
Reply/Quote