Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentagon rebukes Fox host Tucker Carlson for mocking female troops
I shared a response to this from Tammy Duckworth over in the memes thread but I just ran across this article too.

I get the Tucker is just riling people up for ratings but I wonder how it helps him to have the base have to disagree with the military?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56368679?xtor=AL-72-%5Bpartner%5D-%5Bbbc.news.twitter%5D-%5Bheadline%5D-%5Bnews%5D-%5Bbizdev%5D-%5Bisapi%5D&at_custom4=95B901E8-82BB-11EB-A51D-58CB4744363C&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom3=%40BBCWorld&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_medium=custom7&at_campaign=64

Quote:The Pentagon has condemned a Fox News host who called female troops "a mockery of the US military".

Tucker Carlson, one of the most popular hosts on the network, made the remark on his Tuesday programme.

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said Mr Carlson's programme "essentially demeaned the entire US military" and hoped he would realise his error.

Other top brass, as well as veterans groups, have also rebuked Mr Carlson.

What did Tucker Carlson say?
Mr Carlson, who hosts the conservative network's highest rated programme, used part of his show to deride military "maternity flight suits" and recent updates to Army and Air Force hair regulations.

"Pregnant women are going to fight our wars," he said. "It's a mockery of the US military."

"While China's military becomes more masculine as it's assembled the world's largest navy, our military, as Joe Biden says, needs to become more feminine," Mr Carlson opined.

How did the military respond?
Senior members of the military who use to Twitter as a means to speak directly to their troops, used their accounts to denounce Carlson's comments.

General Paul Funk, who leads the Army Training and Doctrine Command tweeted that "thousands of women serve honourably every day around the globe".

"They are beacons of freedom and they prove Carlson wrong through determination and dedication," he wrote. "We are fortunate they serve with us."

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.View original tweet on Twitter

[Image: _97415642_007_in_numbers_624.png]

Major General Patrick Donahoe posted a video of him "conducting a re-enlistment for one of the tens of thousands of women who serve in our Army."

"Just a reminder that @TuckerCarlson couldn't be more wrong," he said.

Mr Kirby said he hoped the commentator would "realise the mistake he made and express some regret about the manner in which he essentially demeaned the entire U.S. military and how we defend and how we serve this country."

The Pentagon would not be take military advice from Mr Carlson in any case, he said.

Plus the abuse he so richly deserves that it being directed at him on social media.  Big misstep by TC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
One would think a pregnant member of the military would be the most valued type of person to ever exist to a conservative.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You think pregnant woman fighting in the military is a good idea?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 08:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: I get the Tucker is just riling people up for ratings but I wonder how it helps him to have the base have to disagree with the military?

I was going to say you are giving his base too much credit. But I see my point was made already
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You think pregnant woman fighting in the military is a good idea?

No issue with uniforms to accommodate a pregnant woman (which is what's been proposed). I'd be against pregnant women going rambo style into combat with just a knife and their dog tags taking on 5,000 terror-loving bad guys (which is what carlson is inferring is being proposed... Because carlson is a ratings grabbing sack of crap).
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:39 AM)Benton Wrote: No issue with uniforms to accommodate a pregnant woman (which is what's been proposed). I'd be against pregnant women going rambo style into combat with just a knife and their dog tags taking on 5,000 terror-loving bad guys (which is what carlson is inferring is being proposed... Because carlson is a ratings grabbing sack of crap).

OK.......  if you're against that and admit that's what Carlson's referring to, then what's your issue with what he said?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:39 AM)Benton Wrote: No issue with uniforms to accommodate a pregnant woman (which is what's been proposed). I'd be against pregnant women going rambo style into combat with just a knife and their dog tags taking on 5,000 terror-loving bad guys (which is what carlson is inferring is being proposed... Because carlson is a ratings grabbing sack of crap).

Being proposed? The military has had maternity uniforms for decades. This is just a proposal for an additional type, the flight suit. Which makes it even more ridiculous that Carlson decided to use this as a launching pad,
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 01:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: OK.......  if you're against that and admit that's what Carlson's referring to, then what's your issue with what he said?

Tucker was using the addition of the maternity flight suit to the maternity uniform bag to say pregnant women are going to be fighting our wars, which is wrong. Tucker was misleading people by making illogical leaps from the facts. That's what is wrong with what he said.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You think pregnant woman fighting in the military is a good idea?

Only of we double their pay to compensate for the fact that it is technically two brave people putting it all on the line for our freedom. 
Reply/Quote
VoteVets (one of the PACs I donated to this past year) responded:

"Pathetic prep school ass"
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 01:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: OK.......  if you're against that and admit that's what Carlson's referring to, then what's your issue with what he said?

The issue is how he presented the information. He is saying that “pregnant women are going to fight our wars.” Pregnant women are not doing any fighting. They are likely in support roles and still doing work to help the fight, which many people still refer to as ‘fighting’ but you won’t see a pregnant woman manning a .50 cal on the front lines anywhere. The whole thing is insulting. Pregnant women aren’t a mockery of the military, and being able to still serve in any capacity during pregnancy isn’t a mockery, either. These maternity uniforms have been around since the late 1970s.
Reply/Quote
A trust fund baby whose never had to work for a thing instead his life decides to insult women in the military to boost ratings.

Fixed that headline for you. This must be that black and white information Fox News gives out, eh?

What a ***** clown.
Reply/Quote

(03-12-2021, 07:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Tucker was using the addition of the maternity flight suit to the maternity uniform bag to say pregnant women are going to be fighting our wars, which is wrong. Tucker was misleading people by making illogical leaps from the facts. That's what is wrong with what he said.

(03-12-2021, 10:08 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The issue is how he presented the information. He is saying that “pregnant women are going to fight our wars.” Pregnant women are not doing any fighting. They are likely in support roles and still doing work to help the fight, which many people still refer to as ‘fighting’ but you won’t see a pregnant woman manning a .50 cal on the front lines anywhere. The whole thing is insulting. Pregnant women aren’t a mockery of the military, and being able to still serve in any capacity during pregnancy isn’t a mockery, either. These maternity uniforms have been around since the late 1970s.

In addition he used that launching point to make the "argument" that China's military will be more "manly" than ours.

I often wish these "real men" who complain like Tucker would just go sign up and show the military how it's done.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 09:40 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: VoteVets (one of the PACs I donated to this past year) responded:

"Pathetic prep school ass"

Huh, and I thought tweeting these kind of juvenile insults wasn't going to be a thing any longer.  Seriously, responding to the inane with this type of sophomoric jab merely perpetuates what so many claim to hate.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Huh, and I thought tweeting these kind of juvenile insults wasn't going to be a thing any longer.  Seriously, responding to the inane with this type of sophomoric jab merely perpetuates what so many claim to hate.

Baby steps....though for all I know Joe Biden has already issued a pushup-related challenge to Tucker by now.  At any rate, I just find it interesting how the GOP has become the party of "You can't do anything to me, my dad is a lawyer" people like Trump and Tucker whipping the downtrodden working class into a frenzy over culture war BS.  Well, that's just my take...what the hell do I know?

Oh, and the Chinese army has enough women in it to keep incel American males deep in fap fodder for a lifetime.  Tucker Carlson...defined legally as being full of shit for his own protection.  Keep up the good work.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Baby steps....though for all I know Joe Biden has already issued a pushup-related challenge to Tucker by now.  At any rate, I just find it interesting how the GOP has become the party of "You can't do anything to me, my dad is a lawyer" people like Trump and Tucker whipping the downtrodden working class into a frenzy over culture war BS.  Well, that's just my take...what the hell do I know?

Oh, and the Chinese army has enough women in it to keep incel American males deep in fap fodder for a lifetime.  Tucker Carlson...defined legally as being full of shit for his own protection.  Keep up the good work.

The whole thing is just so tiresome.  It really makes you want to check out of engaging completely.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The whole thing is just so tiresome.  It really makes you want to check out of engaging completely.

It's almost respectable that a pencil-necked, deck shoes-wearing preppy sissy could so competently collar and corral the hard working manly men who make up the GOP's base.  If the guy talked about the virtue of tofu he'd be what is wrong with this country, but hey...he hates what we hate so he's awesome!  That's marketing for ya!
Reply/Quote
The guy who’s legal defense in court was you shouldn’t take anything I say seriously is really not worth taking seriously...he told you not to.
Reply/Quote

Because he's trying to say we're going to have pregnant women in combat, which isn't the same as saying 'we need a flight suit that accommodates pregnant women.'
Reply/Quote
I haven't read much on this, and I don't watch Tucker Carlson, but did I just read "maternity flight suits"?

I'm not a woman, and while this may shock you, I've never been pregnant either. But I was under the impression that even low level rollercoasters were off-limits for pregnant women? One would assume flying a jet would be a no-go too.

I don't know who brought this up. Not sure if democrats championed this new step, or Fox News found an instance or two where they designed them for a special case or for whatever reason. I just know this really shouldn't be a talking point.

Why are we talking about "maternity flight suits"? Is this really an issue? How many pregnant women have needed one in the last decade? 1? 4? 12? None?

I swear, politics nowawdays wastes so much time discussing the stupiest shit.

"Hey our debt has grown 10 times as much over the last 20 years as it did the previous 200 years... hey we have Asians getting attacked at an alarming rate... hey we have too many 100 billionaires.... hey our small businesses are struggling.... hey there's some crazy shit going on in China... hey our public school system is a mess"

"Forget all of that, let's turn our attention to materinity flight suits, and let's devote 1/5 of our time to transgender issues (.2% of the population)".

Maternity flight suits??? Shut the **** up.
Reply/Quote