Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
People Complaining About BLM Vs Capitol Riots
I've seen people on here, and all over my Facebook feed an on TV, complaining that the National Guard wasn't called to the Capitol Building and saying that they would have been treated much more firmly and with more force if they were BLM, but take this into consideration:

[Image: 137535283_10224988550001430_589937219315...e=60207927]

How can you be outrage just because more force wasn't used when it wasn't even needed but you can be completely ok with the BLM protests?
Reply/Quote
You pick some truly astounding hills to die on, BFritz.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This is why things are the way they are, this post right here.
Reply/Quote
I'll never understand how Republicans can classify all protests as riots, except the one that was ACTUALLY A RIOT.

(Yes, I know there are some isolated instances where people rioted under the guise of BLM. That doesn't make them representative of the movement or even necessarily part of the movement, as the vast majority of people who support BLM do not support the rioting that has taken place [I only say vast majority to allow for one or two random quotes where people didn't explicitly disavow the rioting, although I personally have never met or spoken to any of the people who actively encouraged any rioting that occurred during the BLM protests]. Spare me the "mostly peaceful" memes.)
Reply/Quote
The coloumn on the the right leaves out the minor detail that the capital incident was egged on by Donnie, his sons Uday and Qusay, and crazy ass Rudy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The notion that there was NO OUTRAGE over the BLM stuff is just pure nonsense. Joe Biden condemning violent acts while Trump encourages them played a large role in swinging the vote towards the left.

As long as neo-cons refuse to get the point and prefer to play victim and cry "unfair" they're going to keep losing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:09 AM)BFritz21I\ve seen people on here, and all over my Facebook feed an on TV, complaining that the National Guard wasn't called to the Capitol Building and saying that they would have been treated much more firmly and with more force if they were BLM, but take this into consideration: Wrote: How can you be outrage just because more force wasn't used when it wasn't even needed but you can be completely ok with the BLM protests?

LOL the "Liberal hypocrisy" charge has been reached its crescendo on some Fox programs. 

I guess I hadn't considered the hypothesis that more force was not needed just because the Capitol was over run by a mob chanting "Hang Pence." None of our elected representatives were killed or harmed as their offices were trashed, so the level police protection was just fine.

I like the final contrast points here: "no national outrage" against people protesting police violence," but "national outrage" about a mob storming the capital building to stop Senate confirmation of an elected president.  When will Americans get their priorities straight? 

Or maybe some believed they did have their priorities and that's why some police treated the insurrectionists with kid gloves.

Anyway, that final contrast is hardly so cut and dried. MILLIONS of people denounced the BLM protests, especially, but not only, in the right wing media. And Biden and Harris did condemn the violence, loss of innocent life, and property damage. 

And it is not clear your "Capitol riot" is over. Millions still support the seditious and unhinged Trump and that will require heightened security around the president and his inauguration this month. As I write this I am listening to Alan Dershowitz on Fox insisting that Trump was only exercising his free speech and cannot be impeached for that. Ian prior follows him saying that, while he is "not really comfortable" with the president's rhetoric, in no way can his his pre-riot speech be considered "incitement." And by the way Democrats were urging people to "take to the streets" all summer. Both sides do it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The notion that there was NO OUTRAGE over the BLM stuff is just pure nonsense.  Joe Biden condemning violent acts while Trump encourages them played a large role in swinging the vote towards the left.

As long as neo-cons refuse to get the point and prefer to play victim and cry "unfair" they're going to keep losing.

To the bolded, sure, you are factually correct. But claiming otherwise helps make the "liberal hypocrisy" case. 

And the claim rings immediately true to right wing media consumers who have been hearing this claim for months already.
Reply/Quote
I'm not one to complain about whatever the OP is griping about. My complaint is about the utter lack of preparedness for last week's attack on the capital. It's also sad that critical thinking skills are so lacking in this country that hundreds of thousands or millions of people believe whatever bullshit is spewed from the mouth of a huckster... Hundreds or thousands of people are now gonna spend time in a fed joint because they were damned fools that thought they were uber patriots. 6 people lost their lives... And the "men" responsible for it don't give a ****.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
OP also neglected to mention that the capital "patriots" removed the flag people fought and died for and replaced it with the flag of Trump. That should really wind the right wing up a lot more than it does.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:13 AM)Big Boss Wrote: You pick some truly astounding hills to die on, BFritz.

The amazing thing is that he will post these things, and rarely returns to the conversation. He isn't interested in discussion. He believes what he believes and that is that.

He thought Trump would win in a landslide, despite polls saying the contrary.

He thought Biden had dementia, despite no evidence.

He is terrified of the economy collapsing under Biden with no proof to back it up.

He thinks Biden stole the election, despite diagnosing him with dementia. He can't possibly fathom Trump just losing.

At this point, it is just silly. I think this is where our politics are headed, hopefully only temporarily. These past four years have been exhausting with all of the misinformation being propagated (on both sides).
Reply/Quote
And the conservatives on this board, or the ones who "aren't as liberal" as others or the ones who "don't support Trump" but defended him because everyone else complained "too much"...they won't post because they claim they are bullied or the forum has too many liberals rather than they just can't show their faces in light of being show what Trump and his followers really are.  Just like they were told.  So they change history, claim others "defended" or "made excuses" for the rioting and violence over the summer just so they can deflect from what their own people did.  Sad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Oh, the lies in the OP. Defending terrorism.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 12:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, the lies in the OP. Defending terrorism.

Odd that a group of people break into a building chanting to hang the republican VP and it's Trump supporters who are defending them.  Didn't the OP vote for Mike Pence twice?  I can't wrap my head around this.  Can you imagine Joe Biden telling a bunch of people that he's going to lead them onto the capitol and them chanting "Hang Kamala Harris!"  

I'm used to Trump supporters saying democrats are evil, but this notion that multiple prominent republicans are traitors and need to be executed is just crazy.
Reply/Quote
This is incredibly inaccurate and also a very weird position to take. The attack on the Capitol was a violent assault on one of our branches of government with the intended purpose of stopping an election and possibly with harming our elected officials.

No one event in the last year can be compared to it at all.

However, if you are specifically going to refer to acts of violence over the summer, it should be accurate. The fact is that 95% of BLM were peaceful and leaders did not condone or encourage violence. Violence was condemned by Democrats too, including Biden. What was rejected was false attempts to paint the 95% of peaceful protests as violent.

Not all Republicans have condemned the attack and many are seeking to excuse it by framing it in context to other events (like this meme). Some of tried to minimize it by falsely claiming it was leftwing groups.

Rightwing media and politicians are guilty of spreading lies about a stolen election and demonizing anyone who didn't support stopping the election. This includes the President. I also reject the notion that the media and politicians encouraged violence over the summer. This is another attempt to equate anything BLM to violence.

There is a clear difference in the response of law enforcement to the two events. This is like saying, "costs money" to suggest that a Ford and a Tesla are the same.

Numerous events over 7 months are being lumped in to minimize one violence event over the course of a few hours. A better comparison is picking a day. We could use June 1st, the day Trump commanded law enforcement to beat peaceful protests so he could use a church as a photo op.

289 people were arrested on June 1st. 68 on January 6th. 14 officers were hurt on January 6th compared to an average of 2 per day during the 10 day span of BLM protests in late May to early June (no single day stat I could find). No officers died. 1 died on 1/6 and 1 later committed suicide (though we do not know if this is a result of those events).

The seat of US democracy being breached and attacked is equated to any vandalism of any any federal building. That's beyond stupid.

Small businesses being "destroyed" is a terrible thing, but so is trying to take members of Congress hostage, which only happened at the one events.

The idea that there was no "outrage" is also false.

It makes no sense trying to use these false equivalences to justify this act of terrorism.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The notion that there was NO OUTRAGE over the BLM stuff is just pure nonsense. 

The whole list is nothing but right-wing propaganda bullshit.

-Democrats condemned the acts of violence at BLM protests that turned into riots.

-The media did not encourage the violence in the BLM protests that turned into riots.

-The attack on the capital was directly encouraged by the President and his spokesman Rudi Giuliani (TRIAL BY COMBAT!) who are not just "fringe political groups".
Reply/Quote
Oof.

Yeah...it's a cult.
Reply/Quote
It's also interesting how the narrative on this capitol mob changed.

I'm gonna lead you into battle! Go! Save this country from being stolen!
They're patriots!
Cops are dead? Geez...um...they're ANTIFA in disguise!!
Wait, we can verify that people there are prominent pro-Trump people?
Er....geezzz...um, they're bad and I denounce them but no one cared about the BLM riots so let's talk about those!

So in summation to that riot I started, why doesn't anyone care about left-wing violence? Also, abortion...let's finally start talking about that!
Reply/Quote
OP is pretty much as expected. I will say that is interesting to see left leaning media and people publicly care about the safety and well being of LEO's.
Reply/Quote