Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
People Complaining About BLM Vs Capitol Riots
(01-11-2021, 02:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: OP is pretty much as expected.  I will say that is interesting to see left leaning media and people publicly care about the safety and well being of LEO's.

True, I had to throw my "Blue Lives Don't Matter" flag in the trash because of this. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 02:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: OP is pretty much as expected. I will say that is interesting to see left leaning media and people publicly care about the safety and well being of LEO's.

I commented this to my wife, this morning. Some liberal politicians were on the radio singing the praises of the Capitol Police and I was like "they are milking this for all it is worth. They are loving being able to paint conservatives as the anti-cop ones right now." It was an interview with a different person that I heard after dropping her off where this professor and retired LEO was saying about how this all just shows the police really don't have friends. I thought about how that isn't true, that there are people out there that are genuinely pro-police, though on a wide spectrum. It's just that certain segments like to use the police as a prop for their own machinations and it creates harmful divisions in our communities.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 02:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: OP is pretty much as expected. I will say that is interesting to see left leaning media and people publicly care about the safety and well being of LEO's.

I don't like it that brainwashed buffoons lost their lives that day, when they should've been home living them... But the fact that a man (maybe someone's husband, dad, brother, and surely someone's son) who was doing his job was beaten to death over bold faced lies.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 02:11 PM)jason Wrote: I don't like it that brainwashed buffoons lost their lives that day, when they should've been home living them... But the fact that a man (maybe someone's husband, dad, brother, and surely someone's son) who was doing his job was beaten to death over bold faced lies.

Yeah, the notion that officers died because Trump sold that you can just break in there and replace the US flag with a Trump flag and you'd get some MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, TRUMP IS NOW PRESIDENT notification is just hard to handle. 

There was no power in the mob nor inside the capitol building to make Trump the president, but ehh...why not let people have their hope and fun?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 02:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I commented this to my wife, this morning. Some liberal politicians were on the radio singing the praises of the Capitol Police and I was like "they are milking this for all it is worth. They are loving being able to paint conservatives as the anti-cop ones right now." It was an interview with a different person that I heard after dropping her off where this professor and retired LEO was saying about how this all just shows the police really don't have friends. I thought about how that isn't true, that there are people out there that are genuinely pro-police, though on a wide spectrum. It's just that certain segments like to use the police as a prop for their own machinations and it creates harmful divisions in our communities.

That part.

Most people I know are not "anti-police" or just love when an officer is hurt.  Most don't even care if an officer is a "Bad apple".  They don't care or think about it at all and if they do they are for the police to do their job and do it well.

But anyone who criticizes that job gets labeled and if they then praise an officer they are called hypocrites or liars or are accused of doing it only for political gain.  Is there some of that?  Of course.  As you said there is a wide spectrum.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Here you go, OP. Defend away.

https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1348674449965527045
https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1348674781944688640
https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1348675941309034496
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 02:35 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Here you go, OP.  Defend away.

https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1348674449965527045
https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1348674781944688640
https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1348675941309034496

But that's just talk...we can't really worry until they *do* something.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 02:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: But that's just talk...we can't really worry until they *do* something.  Mellow

This is the dangerous part of all of this... As much as Donarld and the boys did their best in inciting the attack. This is really a bottom up movement. These people have been emboldened over the past 4 years (probably longer). They stormed statehouses in the spring, tried to intimidate with their best Taliban impersonations, and plotted to kidnap and murder a governor.... For all of the venom that was spewed in front of the White House Wednesday morning, people were photographed with zip ties inside the Capital... You ain't buying those on the Mall.

I don't think these people are done yet either...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 02:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: OP is pretty much as expected.  I will say that is interesting to see left leaning media and people publicly care about the safety and well being of LEO's.

I mean I don't speak for every liberal, but I certainly never wanted any LEOs to be harmed without just cause (i.e: had someone punched the cop who killed Floyd, I'd of thought he deserved it). I'd just like to see accountability for their actions.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2021, 05:03 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I mean I don't speak for every liberal, but I certainly never wanted any LEOs to be harmed without just cause (i.e: had someone punched the cop who killed Floyd, I'd of thought he deserved it). I'd just like to see accountability for their actions.

I don't think many would disagree with that general sentiment.  I think you'd find widely divergent opinions on when a LEO could be harmed "with cause".
Reply/Quote