Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
People Who Are OK With Abortion
(03-23-2016, 10:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was thinking that this is mostly a question towards Democrats, but every argument for abortion is that it's a woman's body and she can do with it as she pleases, so would you be ok with her self-harming herself or even killing herself because it's her body?

Would you stand-by with the same attitude to watch a woman kill herself in front of you as you would to have an abortion in front of you because it's her body?  

What about eating disorders?  A woman wants to starve herself because she thinks she's fat.  Isn't that her right to do so because it's her body?

You're doing this wrong, Brad. If you want to argue the fetus is part of a woman's body angle with someone who is "ok" with abortion, then you need to focus on things that are already illegal that they probably don't want to be legal, like doing heroin or whatever.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Also it is usually not a crime to attempt suicide if you are not putting anyone else in danger. Most states just have a law that allowed police to take a person who attempted suicide into custody for a psychological evaluation.

I don't know the exact law in every state, but I don't think yuo can be arrested and charged with a crime just for trying to kill your self.
I violently assault my penis on a regular basis.
(03-24-2016, 10:58 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Crazy chicks are so awesome in the sack...lol

She was pretty nuts...and a lawyer.  I managed to shake her before I got in too deep...no pun intended.

(03-24-2016, 11:24 AM)Beaker Wrote: Was that before or after her date with you?

Well, she didn't go through with it so it was quite obviously before!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-24-2016, 11:26 AM)PhilHos Wrote: You're doing this wrong, Brad. If you want to argue the fetus is part of a woman's body angle with someone who is "ok" with abortion, then you need to focus on things that are already illegal that they probably don't want to be legal, like doing heroin or whatever.

I think using heroin, or any drug, should be decriminalized. Production and distribution should still be illegal, but being a user should not land someone in jail. The fact that happens is what causes so many addicts to not seek the help they need.
if she wants to have an abortion, her choice, she can do what she wants
People suck
(03-25-2016, 09:15 AM)Griever Wrote: if she wants to have an abortion, her choice, she can do what she wants

Father should have some say too right?
(03-23-2016, 11:43 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Isn't suicide illegal because it's considered murder or the taking of a human life?
Also, if it is considered murder, why aren't those who attempt suicide prosecuted for attempted murder or are they not because they have some mental disorder?

Just wondering

well yes and no... If you successfully committ sucide it doesnt matter if its legal or not. (except for insurrance purposes)

But if you fail.. they can arrested you for attempted murder. what you actually get charged with depends on how good your lawyer is lol
(03-25-2016, 09:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Father should have some say too right?

I have tried this appraoch and it was meet with the same "Her Body, Her Choice" Bumper sticker.

The summation was the man has no say as to where the child lives or dies; however, he must accept the decision of the female regardless if it burdens him emotionally or financially.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-23-2016, 11:43 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Also, if it is considered murder, why aren't those who attempt suicide prosecuted for attempted murder

Same reason you can not be charged with stealing your own property.

generally attempted suicide is not illegal unless you put someone else in danger.  Most states have laws that allow police to take people who attempt suicide into custody for a mental evaluation, but it is not a crime.
(03-25-2016, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have tried this appraoch and it was meet with the same "Her Body, Her Choice" Bumper sticker.

The summation was the man has no say as to where the child lives or dies; however, he must accept the decision of the female regardless if it burdens him emotionally or financially.

I believe my response was, 'if a man doesn't want the emotional stress that comes with an abortion, he should not have intercourse with someone who would have an abortion.'  

simple.
(03-25-2016, 09:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Father should have some say too right?

I would hope so.

I also would hope that the mother would consider any other option than abortion.

But in the end it is the woman who literally has to live with the decision to carry the baby or abort.  Not the man.

She's not an incubator that must do the wish of the sperm provider.  She is a human being with a defined set of rights.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-25-2016, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have tried this appraoch and it was meet with the same "Her Body, Her Choice" Bumper sticker.

A guy takes that risk every time he has sex with a woman. Just like a woman has risks (having a child with a great guy, or having a child with a dead beat, or having an abortion — those being three outcomes). I guess everyone could lay their cards out early, sign co˜tracts saying what you will and won't do in the event of conception. But it would be easier just to wear a condom.
(03-25-2016, 01:09 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I believe my response was, 'if a man doesn't want the emotional stress that comes with an abortion, he should not have intercourse with someone who would have an abortion.'  

simple.

Folks have a change of heart all the time. But we only allow it for one of them.

(03-25-2016, 01:52 PM)Benton Wrote: A guy takes that risk every time he has sex with a woman. Just like a woman has risks (having a child with a great guy, or having a child with a dead beat, or having an abortion — those being three outcomes). I guess everyone could lay their cards out early, sign co˜tracts saying what you will and won't do in the event of conception. But it would be easier just to wear a condom.

Sure it would, but some times condoms break or most likely in your case slip off.

its basically like a parasite (baby) living off its hose (mother) for nine months
People suck
(03-25-2016, 02:09 PM)Griever Wrote: its basically like a parasite (baby) living off its hose (mother) for nine months

Like bacteria.......AmI Right?

The father has control over his body and the mother has control over hers. The father may think it is not fair, but there is no other more fair way to do it.

I sympathize with a man who plans to have a child by a woman but she changes her mind and terminates the pregnancy. But there is no other way for the law to function. We can not give the father control over the mothers body.

I also feel sorry for a guy who has a woman agree to marry him and then change her mind. but i don't think the man should be able to force the woman to marry him.
(03-25-2016, 02:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks have a change of heart all the time. But we only allow it for one of them.

There are many ways to increase the odds that a preferred outcome is achieved.  Someone's laziness or incompetence in the matter shouldn't be grounds to force their will on others.
(03-25-2016, 02:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There are many ways to increase the odds that a preferred outcome is achieved.  Someone's laziness or incompetence in the matter shouldn't be grounds to force their will on others.

Are you talking about the male or female?