Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People on Disability
The other day in the elevator this last weekend this guy I am standing next to had his fishing pole in his hand then he tells me he is busy getting ready for hunting season too. We got into a conversation and I asked him what he does for a living. He then tells me he can't work because he has a bad back so he is on disability. I am thinking to myself if you can hunt and fish then you can certainly work. I wonder about some people at times. It seems like there are more and more people that don't work. I am all for helping people that have severe disabilities but it really bothers me paying for a lazy person. I know there are plenty of people that deserbe to be on disability because of physical or mental problems so they are the exception. Anyone know anyone like this?
Reply/Quote
This couple bought the house next to me earlier this year. Come to find out he's on disability. Construction worker and fell off a ladder from 10 feet up. I've seen him cutting trees down, lifting logs up. Tore the deck on the front of the house apart, paint it and reassemble in 2 days. The deck on the back of their house, he put a roof over it, then put walls up and sided it in a weeks time. Pisses me off because I don't have the time or money to get things like that done to my house. Next time he's doing something like that I'm torn between reporting him or black mailing him into build a deck on the back of my house that I've been wanting to get done.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 08:00 PM)crispy Wrote: This couple bought the house next to me earlier this year.  Come to find out he's on disability.  Construction worker and fell off a ladder from 10 feet up.  I've seen him cutting trees down, lifting logs up.  Tore the deck on the front of the house apart, paint it and reassemble in 2 days.  The deck on the back of their house, he put a roof over it, then put walls up and sided it in a weeks time.  Pisses me off because I don't have the time or money to get things like that done to my house.  Next time he's doing something like that I'm torn between reporting him or black mailing him into build a deck on the back of my house that I've been wanting to get done.

Go for the blackmail, then snap photos of him in action on those projects and turn him in.....win win.... ThumbsUp

AS to the OP....yeah, that shit burns me up.  My back is jacked up from a car wreck, and an injury sustained doing squats a long time ago.  We won't even get into the shoulders.  There's no way in hell I could drag a deer out of the woods, yet, somehow, "disabled" folks who don't work, can.  I also understand that some folks have mental issues due to one reason or another, or some internal disease that makes them look healthy, but they can't work.  I fully grasp that.....but when I hear "my back", and they're doing shit like horse back riding and hunting, while I work 50 or more hours a week and struggle to get out of the bed, you damn straight I get pissed off!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like the person to who uses a bridge card for their groceries then get into an expensive car. That irritates me too.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 05:09 PM)packerbacker Wrote: The other day in the elevator this last weekend this guy I am standing next to had his fishing pole in his hand then he tells me he is busy getting ready for hunting season too. We got into a conversation and I asked him what he does for a living. He then tells me he can't work because he has a bad back so he is on disability. I am thinking to myself if you can hunt and fish then you can certainly work. I wonder about some people at times. It seems like there are more and more people that don't work. I am all for helping people that have severe disabilities but it really bothers me paying for a lazy person. I know there are plenty of people that deserbe to be on disability because of physical or mental problems so they are the exception. Anyone know anyone like this?

That is funny, I was in an elevator and had the same exact conversation with a person...  I didn't really pay attention to him, cause I was thinking about fishing.. 
Reply/Quote
The first thing I thought of was "Who the hell brings their fishing pole into an elevator?"

Then I thought of this . . . http://leemoranyahoo.tumblr.com/post/131149673202/see-disabled-army-vets-perfect-response-after

Just because someone doesn't look disabled to you doesn't mean they are malingering.  If you suspect someone is malingering turn them in.  Many times it is difficult to clinically prove someone is malingering.  Many times I have suspected someone is lying, but I can't prove they are lying.  But, if someone knows something it sure would help.

http://oig.ssa.gov/report-fraud-waste-or-abuse/fraud-waste-and-abuse
Reply/Quote
He was visiting someone in my apartment building so he brought his fishing equipment up to their place, apparently they were going fishing together.
Reply/Quote
The sad thing is people on disability probably make more then someone trying to make a living working their butt off at a minimum wage job or a little bit more then that.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure I would qualify for disability.
I have Atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure, had 2 fractured vertebrae, and arthritis in my spine and other joints.
However, I just cannot file.
My pride keeps me going, until I literally cannot.
Somebody has to pay for those guys, like you are talking about.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Let's just call them job creators
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 12:39 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm sure I would qualify for disability.
I have Atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure, had 2 fractured vertebrae, and arthritis in my spine and other joints.
However, I just cannot file.
My pride keeps me going, until I literally cannot.
Somebody has to pay for those guys, like you are talking about.

What is Atrial fibrillation bud? 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 10:19 AM)packerbacker Wrote: What is Atrial fibrillation bud? 

It's a heart condition.
Just click-> "Atrial fibrillation" <-here.
Reply/Quote
I know more people who are on disability that are perfectly able to work than those who are actually disabled. I've tried multiple times to turn people in for fraud but even with picture and or video evidence you're just wasting your time.
Reply/Quote
Unless it's changed since I lived there, in Pennsylvania, illiteracy is a disability. I knew a guy who was completely healthy and able to work, but he couldn't read. And he was getting disability. If only there were some way to combat illiteracy, then we could help so many people get off disability. :snark:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was riding on an escalator yesterday and overheard the woman behind me saying she damaged her back dancing but she was still getting paid for not working. 

Something about being qualified for Twerker's Comp.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is one of those multi-layered issues that goes beyond people just being lazy leeches. People are pushed on disability when they need any sort of aid because it is handled by the state and artificially reduces the number of people on national welfare.

People on welfare = bad
People on disability = bad if you catch them in the act

The biggest issue is that disability is mostly reserved for people with low education who are legitimately hurt in some manner, but are unable to reenter the workforce because they lack the education and training to perform jobs that allow you to sit at work. Most of our jobs have moved to the "service sector" and now that degrees are so flippin' pointless and expensive I fear we may need to brace ourselves for an increase of the disabled.

We have a society that requires lots of standing and "doing" jobs but we're also slaves to high fructose corn syrup, beer, and trans fats. It's a lousy combination, and we are reaping what we sow.

EDIT: This would likely get a more robust response if it were in the P&R forum
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 07:07 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: I know more people who are on disability that are perfectly able to work than those who are actually disabled. I've tried multiple times to turn people in for fraud but even with picture and or video evidence you're just wasting your time.

Keep trying.  I knew a guy that was on disability, and working "on the side".  His ex wife took video of him climbing ladders with bundles of shingles, etc.  They cut his lying ass off.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is one of those multi-layered issues that goes beyond people just being lazy leeches.  People are pushed on disability when they need any sort of aid because it is handled by the state and artificially reduces the number of people on national welfare.  

People on welfare = bad

The biggest issue is that disability is mostly reserved for people with low education who are legitimately hurt in some manner, but are unable to reenter the workforce because they lack the education and training to perform jobs that allow you to sit at work.  Most of our jobs have moved to the "service sector" and now that degrees are so flippin' pointless and expensive I fear we may need to brace ourselves for an increase of the disabled.

We have a society that requires lots of standing and "doing" jobs but we're also slaves to high fructose corn syrup, beer, and trans fats.  It's a lousy combination, and we are reaping what we sow.

EDIT:  This would likely get a more robust response if it were in the P&R forum

.....you get mad at Carson or Andy....or both? Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....you get mad at Carson or Andy....or both? Smirk

I'm just sick of being at odds with Bengals fans.  Rooting for a player is too hard because the window is so small.  I feel like I just need to root for a single team, regardless of who is on it.  Just simplify things for the sake of my sanity.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is one of those multi-layered issues that goes beyond people just being lazy leeches.  People are pushed on disability when they need any sort of aid because it is handled by the state and artificially reduces the number of people on national welfare.  

People on welfare = bad

The biggest issue is that disability is mostly reserved for people with low education who are legitimately hurt in some manner, but are unable to reenter the workforce because they lack the education and training to perform jobs that allow you to sit at work.  Most of our jobs have moved to the "service sector" and now that degrees are so flippin' pointless and expensive I fear we may need to brace ourselves for an increase of the disabled.

We have a society that requires lots of standing and "doing" jobs but we're also slaves to high fructose corn syrup, beer, and trans fats.  It's a lousy combination, and we are reaping what we sow.

EDIT:  This would likely get a more robust response if it were in the P&R forum

But.... you're right.

We know one person that may challenge it.
Well, maybe two, if Fred feels froggy.
LOL
Reply/Quote