Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People talk about firing Marvin...but I don't think Marvin wants to come back
Marvin has the 1,000 yard stare on a 100 yard field.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to hire you to work at a restaurant, The Brown Family Restaurant. The hours are long, especially during 5 months out of the year (good news, you're off by AT LEAST January 10 every year). But, I'll pay you $5 million a year, nepotism is encouraged and I only care if you get people orders right half the time. Serve at least 50% of the food about 50% of the time, and I'll keep paying you.

I don't get the talk about Marvin 'not wanting to come back.' Where else can you do a job with horrid effectiveness and still make $5 million?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The only way we go forward is if Marvin is brought back for another year.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:56 PM)Benton Wrote: I'd like  to hire you to work at a restaurant, The Brown Family Restaurant. The hours are long, especially during 5 months out of the year (good news, you're off by AT LEAST January 10 every year). But, I'll pay you $5 million a year, nepotism is encouraged and I only care if you get people orders right half the time. Serve at least 50% of the food about 50% of the time, and I'll keep paying you.

I don't get the talk about Marvin 'not wanting to come back.' Where else can you do a job with horrid effectiveness and still make $5 million?

Cincinnati is literally the ONLY franchise where Starvin' Marvin wouldn't have been canned several times over.

Mikey Boy says 0-7 is better than 0-nothing.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:56 PM)Benton Wrote: I'd like to hire you to work at a restaurant, The Brown Family Restaurant. The hours are long, especially during 5 months out of the year (good news, you're off by AT LEAST January 10 every year). But, I'll pay you $5 million a year, nepotism is encouraged and I only care if you get people orders right half the time. Serve at least 50% of the food about 50% of the time, and I'll keep paying you.

January 10th is when Marvin and his staff begin moonlighting for their part time jobs; NFL scout.

When they are leading the league in Senior Bowl losses.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While the 0-7 in the playoffs is bad...he's not given the same resources as other coaches...mainly having a strong scouting department and free agency budget.

I think he knows that he can't win here.

Can any coach?

IF Marvin coached the Steelers...I think he would have won a Super Bowl or two by now.

No. They were good enough to make the playoffs. However, when you look at the replays, it looks like a totally different team. In a playoff game, they threw out everything that got them to the playoffs and played bland, vanilla football. No play-action. No controlling the line of scrimmage. When the defense was holding up super fantastic, the offense sputtered with bunches of 3-and-outs. When the offense was clicking, defense gave up too many points. If Marv coached the Steelers the same way he coached this team, the Steelers would not be aggressive or inventive and would lose more often with his 2nd half adjustment of "playing-not-to-lose". And he would have been out of there right after the 2nd playoff loss.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote