Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
People want to act outraged at the Bengals performance...but it's a Cycle -
After the draft next year...no matter who the Bengals draft...a lot of the people on this board will be talking like we got 7+ upgrades and projecting people out as Pro Bowl players.

The reality is we'll be lucky if 2 of those players ever become quality starters and in Year 1 we'll get very little contribution.

You'll rationalize any pick. Our offensive line was terrible on paper and lost it's 2 best players and we got an injured WR and RB and people were ecstatic.

In free agency, we'll sign a couple bargain bin guys to 1 and 2 year deals. Maybe some 5th Tier Guard that was a borderline starter somewhere.

Maybe we'll switch Head Coaches to Guenther who has been with Marvin since 2002 or so. His philosophy will basically be the same as Marvin. He just got destroyed by the Jaguars and their anemic offense. You'll likely think he's the 2nd coming of Lombardi.

Welcome to reality. It's a cycle. I'm just pointing it out to you.
Reply/Quote
You should get a job at motivational speaking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:32 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: You should get a job at motivational speaking.

Lol... He is pretty good!
Reply/Quote
I tend to not just stick my head in the sand and act like this is a well run franchise. What can I say?
Reply/Quote
[Image: xx828.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wash rinse repeat. Bungles philosophy for 50 years.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we'll draft a LT that gave up a lot of sacks in college but is really athletic and has a major knee injury!?!?! One can only hope!
Reply/Quote
3 threads in 20 minutes about the same subject.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:05 PM)Synric Wrote: 3 threads in 20 minutes about the same subject.

Quick - Start one about how John Ross was a great pick because his speed will negate the bad offensive line!

Or maybe one about how we will finish the year 7-1!

Or maybe 'Lazor show in full effect!'
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Quick - Start one about how John Ross was a great pick because his speed will negate the bad offensive line!

Don’t forget what a great replacement Paulie will be and how he has “earned” the chance
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Quick - Start one about how John Ross was a great pick because his speed will negate the bad offensive line!

You are arguing with no one? Who is on here currently all hyped about Ross or optimistic at all? Every poster has been critical of the Bengals and the FO today, yet you keep harping on some imaginary group of posters who are super positive. 

We get it, a good draft only nets 2 starters and some role players, and the Steelers' offense is better at every position.  
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After the draft next year...no matter who the Bengals draft...a lot of the people on this board will be talking like we got 7+ upgrades and projecting people out as Pro Bowl players.

The reality is we'll be lucky if 2 of those players ever become quality starters and in Year 1 we'll get very little contribution.

You'll rationalize any pick. Our offensive line was terrible on paper and lost it's 2 best players and we got an injured WR and RB and people were ecstatic.

In free agency, we'll sign a couple bargain bin guys to 1 and 2 year deals. Maybe some 5th Tier Guard that was a borderline starter somewhere.

Maybe we'll switch Head Coaches to Guenther who has been with Marvin since 2002 or so. His philosophy will basically be the same as Marvin. He just got destroyed by the Jaguars and their anemic offense. You'll likely think he's the 2nd coming of Lombardi.

Welcome to reality. It's a cycle. I'm just pointing it out to you.

I disagree.  There were reasons to look at the weapons we had coming in to this year (after losing all of them to injury last year and Dalton still put up 4200 yards and only 7 INTs) and the fact that the line, with any semblance of coaching, would have performed better.  

If the offense had a scheme that wasn't a Big 10 throwaway from 10 years ago and they had some aggression on the offensive line (Not that kind, AJ), they would be mauling people with a back like Mixon and WRs like AJ, Ross, and Malone.  

But they don't have the coaches.  None of them.  A ton of talent coached by guys that shouldn't have jobs in the MAC.

That won't change.  A few chairs on the Titanic will be reshuffled, but everyone will see through it.

That stadium will not have 30K on opening day.  Mark my words.  And they deserve even less. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Quick - Start one about how John Ross was a great pick because his speed will negate the bad offensive line!

Lol.

Find a post I've said anything about Ross' speed at all since the preseason has started. In my offseason musings thread I said his speed would help. (Incoming midseasons musing thread.)

I have said that Lazor has been a huge improvement over Zampese and thr lack of push by the offensive line has been devestating his run and pass playa calls.

As far as threads go...you've started more this week than I have since I joined...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I tend to not just stick my head in the sand and act like this is a well run franchise. What can I say?

Who exactly are you saying this to who doesn't already know?  That guy who woke up yesterday from a thirty year coma?

And I'm trying to remember the last time I heard anyone call this a well run franchise.  You are really just regurgitating old, old news.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It's a cycle alright...a menstrual cycle...queue the piano boy...

[Image: squatter.jpg]
Reply/Quote