Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pepperidge Farms Remembers
(04-26-2019, 12:15 PM)Stewy Wrote: And who says the new coaches don't see potential in him at a different position?  New OL coach, new OFF Coord, new scheme, new position perhaps?  let's keep some optimism and always keep in mind that for the good or the ill, we're in a much different world now.

Well they signed Miller at Guard...and have Boling at the other Guard spot. I doubt Hart beats those guys out.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I question if they could have used the money elsewhere to upgrade. We went into free agency with some $50+ million in cap space and only upgraded Guard in a minor way.

Instead of signing a below average Guard and poor OT in Hart, why not just sign 1 good Guard in Saffold?

Or why not sign a LB?

I'm on record for wanting us to go OT in the 1st instead of signing Hart.

That money plus Preston Brown money = pretty close to Jordan Hicks money.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well they signed Miller at Guard...and have Boling at the other Guard spot. I doubt Hart beats those guys out.

So now you think Miller is guaranteed a starting spot? I seem to remember you not being very high on that signing, either.

Bottom line is that they have multiple guys who can play at multiple positions right now. They have a lot of freedom to put the best five guys out there.

Price and Hopkins can play Center or Guard.
Glenn can play right or left tackle, and played guard in college.
Williams can play either tackle or guard spot.
Hart can play RT or guard.
Bolling is a good guard, but has had success when pressed into service at tackle.
They're going to have backups at every position with starting experience, too.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Again, they paid him with a one year commitment basically and they hold an "option" if he pans out for the next tow years but the contract structure shows they only "believed" enough for one year. 

Im glad you feel the need to repeat yourself, but I never mentioned his contract length, thus you repetition is irrelevant to my comment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:59 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So now you think Miller is guaranteed a starting spot? I seem to remember you not being very high on that signing, either.

Bottom line is that they have multiple guys who can play at multiple positions right now. They have a lot of freedom to put the best five guys out there.

Price and Hopkins can play Center or Guard.
Glenn can play right or left tackle, and played guard in college.
Williams can play either tackle or guard spot.
Hart can play RT or guard.
Bolling is a good guard, but has had success when pressed into service at tackle.
They're going to have backups at every position with starting experience, too.

I doubt an OT that was a bad starter and never played Guard beats him out.

I doubt the Bengals know how they're going to shift the line around, but I also doubt they make room for Hart to start at a position other than Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:15 AM)NKURyan Wrote: "The Bengals re-signing Bobby Hart means they are done working on the line and are satisfied with what they have! What a joke! Now we're stuck with Bobby for 3 years at a ridiculous price!"

People were saying similar on here a month and a half ago ago, but...
1) They've drafted a much needed new OT, possibly the best in the draft depending who you ask.
2) Bobby Hart will be gone in a year.
3) Bobby Hart isn't ever going to get $21 million from the Bengals.

Maybe we shouldn't overreact quite so much? Cool

A lot of overreaction round here no doubt Ryan.

It wasn't as bad of a deal as some made out even before the Jonah pick really.

I was just a little disappointed at the time we didn't get one of the outside FA's but the Jonah pick made it all good.
Reply/Quote