Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per rotoworld re Ragnow
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora passes along that he "continues to hear" that Arkansas C/G Frank Ragnow is being viewed as the top center prospect in the class.
For much of the draft process, we've seen Ohio State's Billy Price and Iowa's James Daniels trumpeted as the top center prospects in this class. Ragnow (6'5/312) appears to be putting some heat on those two as we speed toward the draft proper, though. La Canfora is of the opinion that the Arkansas rock is not going to be on the board past the Bengals, who own the No. 21 pick in the first round. The Patriots (No. 23), Panthers (No. 24) and Falcons (No. 26) are among the teams who have shown interest in Ragnow through visits and workouts this spring, should he make it past Cincinnati.
Source: CBS Sports Apr 20 - 2:41 PM

Please!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 05:17 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora passes along that he "continues to hear" that Arkansas C/G Frank Ragnow is being viewed as the top center prospect in the class.
For much of the draft process, we've seen Ohio State's Billy Price and Iowa's James Daniels trumpeted as the top center prospects in this class. Ragnow (6'5/312) appears to be putting some heat on those two as we speed toward the draft proper, though. La Canfora is of the opinion that the Arkansas rock is not going to be on the board past the Bengals, who own the No. 21 pick in the first round. The Patriots (No. 23), Panthers (No. 24) and Falcons (No. 26) are among the teams who have shown interest in Ragnow through visits and workouts this spring, should he make it past Cincinnati.
Source: CBS Sports Apr 20 - 2:41 PM

Please!

This is what i am talkin about! Give Frank to Frank fellas, we be in good shape. :andy:
Reply/Quote
We are in the perfect position and the teams could force us in to taking Ragnow.

The Patriots being interested in taking Ragnow at 23 tells you all you need to know.

We cannot trade back and get him.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 06:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are in the perfect position and the teams could force us in to taking Ragnow.

The Patriots being interested in taking Ragnow at 23 tells you all you need to know.

Yeah.  I say don't get cute.  If he's there, take him.  So, it gripes you to take a C so high in the draft?  If you do it right, you'll only have to do it every ten years.

You don't like to take G's and C's in the first?  Too bad, cuz the rest of the league does.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 07:01 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  I say don't get cute.  If he's there, take him.  So, it gripes you to take a C so high in the draft?  If you do it right, you'll only have to do it every ten years.

You don't like to take G's and C's in the first?  Too bad, cuz the rest of the league does.

Couldn't make a better pick in this Draft. Best Center at our biggest area of need, we pick in the perfect position
right in front of the other teams that want him. He is a multiple year starter from the SEC with a blue collar attitude.

Draft Frank Ragnow at 21 and it would be the best pick we could make and if we don't we will regret it.

I don't care if we get my 2nd favorite Center in the 2nd, we will regret cause he is injured and will take time.

Ragnow would be on the job day one and the interior is solidified, after this i am happy honestly.

Go BPA after Ragnow i don't care. Mellow
Reply/Quote
It's a good thing that I have most Fridays off of work. Because if the Bengals take Ragnow at #21, I'm going to celebrate till late in the night! Drunk

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's a good thing that I have most Fridays off of work. Because if the Bengals take Ragnow at #21, I'm going to celebrate till late in the night! Drunk

Exactly. Checks all boxes.

SEC, big body, strong.
Reply/Quote
As of right now, our starting Center is TJ Johnson. That's the current state the position is in.

We need a Center. Desperately. It might honestly be our biggest area of need right now. More to the point, we need a Center that should be able to come in and start Day One. Don't get cute. If your guy is there at 21, take him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if we take Ragnow that we play him a Center. Dude has a lot of experience at RG and we need one of those. My dream scenario would be to get the best Center in the draft (Daniels) at 21 and Ragnow at 46.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 07:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure if we take Ragnow that we play him a Center. Dude has a lot of experience at RG and we need one of those. My dream scenario would be to get the best Center in the draft (Daniels) at 21 and Ragnow at 46.

The way it is leading up to Draft day Bfine i still take Ragnow at 21 and hope Daniels falls to 46, i am starting
to find this more likely with the Pats, Panthers, Falcons and Zim all interested in Ragnow. Ragnow said he can
play OT too, so i mean he offers a lot to the table just like Wynn does.

Would love it either way but just look how the tides are turning leading immediately up to Draft day man.

Anyway we get those two would make me happy but like i said getting Ragnow is all i will care about honestly.

After that be tasty gravy. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I think if we get Ragnow or McGlinchey we are going to be partying on day 1. With the amount of talent in the draft this year, the players who excel will be because of coaching it up to the NFL level.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 08:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think if we get Ragnow or McGlinchey we are going to be partying on day 1. With the amount of talent in the draft this year, the players who excel will be because of coaching it up to the NFL level.

For sure Harley if we get a top Center, celebration time, lots of tasty beers and might even break out the 99 peaches.

But if we grab McGlinchey who i would love, i still would be stressing till we got our top Center.

I want Ragnow at 21, then i can really celebrate on Thursday night.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 06:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are in the perfect position and the teams could force us in to taking Ragnow.

This may be true.

Just keep in mind that this is smoke screen week :)

That said, the reaction to this smoke screen is strong enough on this board that I think Ragnow may be worth the pick anyway.
Reply/Quote

Yeah well reportedly they're also looking at Kolton miller as the franchise left tackle. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.... I still have price ragnow and Daniels as the order but there's a slight drop off between price and ragnow but a major one after ragnow to Daniels... bottom line? We gotta get ragnow or price.
Reply/Quote
I think OT>Center. WTS, if McGlinchey is there at 21 they will go with Notre Dame OT first then take Price in round 2. If McLinchey is gone, they may go Ragnow at 21 or Payne DT.

I would love this:

Glenn-Boling-Price-Westerman-McGlinchey
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I think that the choice may boil down to this: would you rather have a tackle who will range from a C+ to a B starter, or would you rather have a center who will who will range from a B+ to an A+ starter?  

Mcglinchy will likely be gone.  Interior o-line play is really important these days and the line really is only as strong as the weakest link.  
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 06:02 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think OT>Center.  WTS, if McGlinchey is there at 21 they will go with Notre Dame OT first then take Price in round 2.  If McLinchey is gone, they may go Ragnow at 21 or Payne DT.  

I would love this:

I would generally agree with you on the ot>c part.  It doesn't appear that there is that dominant ot this year.  The top 3 centers this year offer position versatility at ot as well.  Personally I think if you can play c you can play og too, but i digress.

I think the bengals can get a tackle in 2-3 bit the top 3 centers may be gone by 46.  We haven't had good c play in at least 4 years.  And typically when we've had a good line we've had good center play.
Reply/Quote
Center in the first. Whoever they like among the top 3 -- they should have their pick.

Brown in the second.

Yes, please.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 02:03 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Center in the first.  Whoever they like among the top 3 -- they should have their pick.

Brown in the second.

Yes, please.

I trust our new OL coach to decide who is better when we draft at C or OT. I do think it is rare to have 3 centers projected so close to each other like it appears with Ragnow, Daniels and Price. If Bengals line coach think there is an OT that could start at RT for 10 years and possibly play some LT like McGlinchey, I hope they pull the trigger on him and then if need be trade up to also get 1 of the 3 centers if need be.

But he may think Ragnow, Daniels or Price is better all pro prospect next 10 years so I ma happy either way if they go C and OT with picks 1 and 2. I think both are a need and would help us get better in 2018. We also have the ammo of lots of extra picks to trade up if needed to grab someone in late round 1 or earlier round 2.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 01:08 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This may be true.

Just keep in mind that this is smoke screen week :)

That said, the reaction to this smoke screen is strong enough on this board that I think Ragnow may be worth the pick anyway.

Glad you are starting to come around a touch on Ragnow CJD. Cool

Hoping Kolton Miller is the smokescreen, not Ragnow.

(04-21-2018, 03:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah well reportedly they're also looking at Kolton miller as the franchise left tackle. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.... I still have price ragnow and Daniels as the order but there's a slight drop off between price and ragnow but a major one after ragnow to Daniels... bottom line? We gotta get ragnow or price.

Kolton Miller fits what the Pats need at LT more than what we need at RT.

They are a pass first Offense and need good protection on Brady's blindside like Solder did for them.

We need a RT that can both pass block and run block.

I agree on getting Ragnow or Price, these are the two Centers that fit what Pollack has been talking about.

Ragnow gets the edge for me everytime though, healthy, ready to go with long arms and out of the SEC.

(04-21-2018, 06:02 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think OT>Center.  WTS, if McGlinchey is there at 21 they will go with Notre Dame OT first then take Price in round 2.  If McLinchey is gone, they may go Ragnow at 21 or Payne DT.  

I would love this:

Best Center in a good Center class>over decent OT in a poor Tackle class for me.

I would love this:

Glenn-Boling-Ragnow-Westerman-Orlando Brown/Tyrell Crosby/Alex Cappa/Jimarco Jones

Too much risk in waiting on one of the top 3 Centers to fall to us in the 2nd round IMHO.

(04-21-2018, 06:22 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I think that the choice may boil down to this: would you rather have a tackle who will range from a C+ to a B starter, or would you rather have a center who will who will range from a B+ to an A+ starter?  

Mcglinchy will likely be gone.  Interior o-line play is really important these days and the line really is only as strong as the weakest link.  

Spot on Bilbo.

(04-21-2018, 11:13 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I would generally agree with you on the ot>c part.  It doesn't appear that there is that dominant ot this year.  The top 3 centers this year offer position versatility at ot as well.  Personally I think if you can play c you can play og too, but i digress.

I think the bengals can get a tackle in 2-3 bit the top 3 centers may be gone by 46.  We haven't had good c play in at least 4 years.  And typically when we've had a good line we've had good center play.

You know it Zoo.
Reply/Quote