Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect Opportunity for Bengals to Build Indoor Facility
(02-23-2021, 10:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Sure it was because.... and I'll type this slower this time so you can keep up,  t h i s    t h r e a d   w a s    a b o u t   t h e   o p p p o r t u n i t y  t o   b u i l d    a   f a c i l i t y    i n    c o n j u c t i o n   w i t h   t h e  B e a r c a t s,   b e t w e e n    P B S    a n d    t h e    c a m p u s .....

Let me explain something to you Sled (so YOU can keep up) on message boards threads sometimes slightly diverge from the OP. Shocking I know, but it does happen from time to time. In fact it usually takes all of about one page...

This thread was about the Bengals not having a practice facility. It so happens the OP brought UC as a partner option (because why would our notoriously cheap owner do anything on his own), but that doesn’t mean we can’t discuss the issue in general on a grander scale.

16 years and Marvin never got his indoor facility. Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing. I have the utmost respect for that man being able to drag this joke of a franchise out of the dark ages almost single handedly. It was nothing short of miraculous considering the ownership he was hampered with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 11:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let me explain something to you Sled (so YOU can keep up) on message boards threads sometimes slightly diverge from the OP. Shocking I know, but it does happen from time to time. In fact it usually takes all of about one page...

This thread was about the Bengals not having a practice facility. It so happens the OP brought UC as a partner option (because why would our notoriously cheap owner do anything on his own), but that doesn’t mean we can’t discuss the issue in general on a grander scale.

16 years and Marvin never got his indoor facility. Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing. I have the utmost respect for that man being able to drag this joke of a franchise out of the dark ages almost single handedly. It was nothing short of miraculous considering the ownership he was hampered with.

Well you can "diverge" all you want, my response that you quoted was directly related to the OP. I know it's hard for you....
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 12:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well you can "diverge" all you want, my response that you quoted was directly related to the OP. I know it's hard for you....

You alright man? You seem even more defensive than normal. Did the team cut your PR position in favor of using an intern from Mount St Joseph or something?

Reply/Quote
I "joked" years ago, on the old Bengals run board, that the Bengals will get an indoor practice facility when Mike Brown finds out a way to get the Hamilton County taxpayers to pay for it.
When are negotiations for the lease extension supposed to start again!?!
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 12:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You alright man? You seem even more defensive than normal. Did the team cut your PR position in favor of using an intern from Mount St Joseph or something?

Nope, still on the payroll..... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 12:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You alright man? You seem even more defensive than normal. Did the team cut your PR position in favor of using an intern from Mount St Joseph or something?

(02-23-2021, 02:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nope, still on the payroll..... Rock On

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Looks like bfine has a.........

[Image: case-of-the-mondays-careers.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 07:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. I don't think people are "just being haters" for wanting standard issue stuff like a practice facility...which seems to be what you're implying? That we'll just move on to hating something else?

Although I get that the Bengals give us plenty legit things to hate on, which makes the fans look kinda negative.

Sorry for the late reply.  It's not so much "haters" vs "true fans" or any of that- it's just that I have always failed to see why this is such a big deal to people.  Maybe I'm oblivious to what is acceptable or not regarding a player's expectations.  But I have never seen a game- even a single play- where I thought to myself, "Man, if only we had an indoor facility we complete that pass, stop that play, make that field goal", etc.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 02:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Does anyone have any idea why Mike is so against building an indoor facility? At this point, it feels like he’s against it only because people have been hounding him for it for so long.

just dont think there is anywhere close to the stadium to build it...   They have a practice field right next the the stadium.  But outside that where downtown we gonna put the thing so its a benefit and not a hassle to get there.  Land is expensive down there.  
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 10:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: just dont think there is anywhere close to the stadium to build it...   They have a practice field right next the the stadium.  But outside that where downtown we gonna put the thing so its a benefit and not a hassle to get there.  Land is expensive down there.  

Look up the Hilltop Concrete site.  The county just bought it for 30 million to give to the Bengals in return for the city being allowed to construct the new music venue downtown.

It's .2 miles from PBS.  Google Maps has the walk to and from at a total of 3 minutes.

It's supposedly a site they can use for a practice facility and parking if they choose.  It also doesn't have any of the uitility issues that the Bengals claimed the practice field does.  So they could definitely build there if they want.  
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure what the hang up is on having to have a practice facility right by the stadium. In Denver the training center is about 20 miles from the stadium, and depending on traffic can take a good 35-40 minutes to travel between. That's practically the same as PBS to Mason. Sure, convenient to have it right by the stadium, but certainly not necessary if it comes down to it. No one's taking the bus...
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 05:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bengals do have a place now where they can build a practice facility.  I'm not sure it would be ideal for a Bengals/Bearcats shared space, but the idea they have nowhere to buld their own is simply untrue.  

This all unfolded a couple years ago when the city wanted to buld a music venue near PBS, and they wanted to use an unused lot that was reserved for the Bengals.  Initally the Bengals resisted (why the city or county have to get permission to use their own land is beyond me).  But they ended up coming to an agreeement.

The county bought the 15 acre lot that was Hilltop conrete company for 30 million dollars in exchange for being able to build the music venue on The Banks.  That lot is now free for the Bengals to use for whatever they wish.  A practice facility was discussed numerous times in local coverage.

Just in case anyone didn't know...

Hamilton County government promised the county will "use reasonable efforts" to have the Hilltop facility available for the first preseason game at Paul Brown Stadium in 2020.

Why is Hilltop so important to the Bengals?

The property will become 1,750 to 1,950 additional parking for Bengals games and the site of a possible indoor practice facility. The Bengals would build the practice facility at the teams own expense if the team decides to build one.  

The Bengals in an official statement wouldn't comment whether they would allow construction to start without the county having bought Hilltop.

Even if and when the county buys the Hilltop site, the Bengals have not committed to building a practice facility.

The Bengals are the northernmost NFL team without an indoor practice facility. Logistical concerns, including underground utilities beneath the practice field, have prevented an indoor practice facility, Bengals Vice President Troy Blackburn told The Enquirer earlier this month.

“If it were simple, we would spend the money and build it tomorrow. It’s unfortunately not simple,” Blackburn said. “It’s something that has been in people’s eyes. I think it will continue to be in people’s eyes. We’ll give it a fresh set of looks again … That’s why that was put into the agreement. We’ve had the right to do that on the practice fields throughout; this maybe gives us another option you could take a look at.”

Really glad I am taking the time to go through this thread after reading this.  That's great info.  

One other reason why this could makes sense for the Bengals is creating an operating expense that would decrease their tax liabilities.  I am no tax expert, but I would have to think that a substantial investment in a practice facility (and subsequent amortization costs) would allow the Bengals some tax benefits.

That would be awesome if it were placed on that land, right next to the river.  Highly visible from the highway.  
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 11:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let me explain something to you Sled (so YOU can keep up) on message boards threads sometimes slightly diverge from the OP. Shocking I know, but it does happen from time to time. In fact it usually takes all of about one page...

(02-23-2021, 12:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well you can "diverge" all you want, my response that you quoted was directly related to the OP. I know it's hard for you....

Don't make me turn this car around, or NO ONE is getting ice cream!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 06:48 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Sorry for the late reply.  It's not so much "haters" vs "true fans" or any of that- it's just that I have always failed to see why this is such a big deal to people.  Maybe I'm oblivious to what is acceptable or not regarding a player's expectations.  But I have never seen a game- even a single play- where I thought to myself, "Man, if only we had an indoor facility we complete that pass, stop that play, make that field goal", etc.

Hmm...seems like every year we have a warm weather game where our players had to practice in snow leading up to it. Zac Taylor mentioned it last year. We had players (including Whitworth) complain about footing in the elements, making cuts in snow (practicing for a dome game).

The worst one I can recall is when several of our players came up sick after practicing in snow all week, leading up to our (indoor) playoff game in Houston.

Pretty easy to see why practicing in slick/cold conditions could lead to injuries, compromised immune systems and being unable to execute plays properly due to footing issues.

Not to mention it just being a morale issue. We're the only cold weather team not to have one. Tbh, last I checked we were one of 2 teams not to have one. It's a bad look.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 02:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Does anyone have any idea why Mike is so against building an indoor facility? At this point, it feels like he’s against it only because people have been hounding him for it for so long.

I think it's cuz he is stuck in the"old school" hard ass" ways... Or just cheap.. Whatever the case, it doesn't work...
Reply/Quote
I was watching Northwestern’s Pro Day on Twitter and I couldn’t believe how awesome their indoor facility was. Wow! It’s on YouTube by now I’m sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 05:13 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: I was watching Northwestern’s Pro Day on Twitter and I couldn’t believe how awesome their indoor facility was.  Wow! It’s on YouTube by now I’m sure.

It's funny you mention that.  Just a week or so ago I came across this video on youtube, and was shocked at how amazing their facility was.

Reply/Quote