Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect Opportunity for Bengals to Build Indoor Facility
(02-22-2021, 05:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It doesn’t have to be anywhere in particular. It’s already been pointed out in this thread some teams have theirs as far as 30 miles away.

Are you really having trouble keeping up, or being purposely dense? From the Original post....

Quote:Also, in a lot of the talks right now it's been said that UC most likely will have to build this off-campus. There isn't much space at UC and there's zoning issues as well. Well, for those of you out of town, know that UC and PBS are only 5 miles apart. You can drive from UC to PBS in under 10 minutes. So if they do go off-campus it makes perfect sense to plop down somewhere between the school and downtown.

Everybody knows they can find land outside of the area, this thread was talking about someplace between UC and PBS and built in conjunction with the Bearcats. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 05:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nope, the power grid goes under that field and they cannot even put a bubble on it.

The only solution then is to put a roof on PBS! TigerTigerTiger
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you really having trouble keeping up, or being purposely dense? From the Original post....

Everybody knows they can find land outside of the area, this thread was talking about someplace between UC and PBS and built in conjunction with the Bearcats. 

First of all, calm down.

Secondly, that’s just one proposal of doing it with UC. There’s absolutely no reason they shouldn’t just do it on their own though. Especially when they received probably the sweetest stadium deal in all the league.

But we’re in familiar territory here. You absolutely flat out refuse to criticize the team in any way. I mean, us not having an indoor facility (in a cold weather city) is literally a running joke on the Pat McAfee show. It’s embarrassing. But keep defending them.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 02:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The statement "The only team North of Atlanta without an indoor practice facility" should ring in everyone's ears.  

I am not trying to sound like a candy ass, and save the "football is played outdoors" comments, but your athletes are fine tuned thoroughbreds and I never understood why you would want them fighting colds and such from practicing in shitty outdoor conditions when the weather is so poor. If you don't need it (say, it is in the 40s), then practice outside, but you don't get the same quality practices in wet, high winds, or extreme cold.  You just don't.

Imagine the Bengals are playing the Colts at their field, and they have been practicing outside in crappy conditions and high winds.  Do you think that will help them be prepared for the perfect climate inside Lucas Oil Stadium? Hell, no.  

Invest in UC and the community, and have a real indoor practice facility available for your team.  Do it.

That is a crazy statement, didn't know that. Agree, they need to lay this to rest and just get on with it already.

Only team north of Atlanta without an indoor practice facility is pretty mind boggling.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 02:32 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I really hope they do get an indoor facility. That way we can move on to criticizing the facility itself.

Meh. I don't think people are "just being haters" for wanting standard issue stuff like a practice facility...which seems to be what you're implying? That we'll just move on to hating something else?

Although I get that the Bengals give us plenty legit things to hate on, which makes the fans look kinda negative.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Why don't we just take UC's old facility? We used it anyway. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 07:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why don't we just take UC's old facility? We used it anyway. Mellow

I actually thought of this when I was reading through the UC forum on 24/7 (Maybe the Bearcats could just sell the bubble to the Bengals?)

A few posts later someone actually mentioned that UC intends on keeping it and having two indoor facilities, so they can easily work around different sports schedules and needs.

So, just to recap, the Cincinnati Bearcats will have access to two different indoor facilites for their sports programs.  The Bengals still standing pat at zero.   Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First of all, calm down.

Secondly, that’s just one proposal of doing it with UC. There’s absolutely no reason they shouldn’t just do it on their own though. Especially when they received probably the sweetest stadium deal in all the league.

But we’re in familiar territory here. You absolutely flat out refuse to criticize the team in any way. I mean, us not having an indoor facility (in a cold weather city) is literally a running joke on the Pat McAfee show. It’s embarrassing. But keep defending them.

Again, reading is fundamental. Nowhere did I defend or criticize the concept of an indoor facility. The proposal in this thread  was to build on in conjunction with UC, somewhere in between.  Where was I defending anything, I simply pointed out the lack of real estate between the two venues.  Seriously.... reading comprehension. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The only solution then is to put a roof on PBS! TigerTigerTiger

That would actually not be the worst idea.... games inside with no elements to deal with and a louder game day venue.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 08:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, reading is fundamental. Nowhere did I defend or criticize the concept of an indoor facility. The proposal in this thread  was to build on in conjunction with UC, somewhere in between.  Where was I defending anything, I simply pointed out the lack of real estate between the two venues.  Seriously.... reading comprehension. Hilarious

You get very testy anytime anyone even implies the team is in the wrong.

You first response in this thread was literally “wELL wHEre ARe THeY gOINg tO PUt iT??!!

Like that’s the only reason we haven’t built one in 30 years. Give me a break.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 08:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That would actually not be the worst idea.... games inside with no elements to deal with and a louder game day venue.

Teams have actually looked into this (installing a roof on an open air stadium).  It's ridiculously expensive and a logistical nightmare.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 02:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The statement "The only team North of Atlanta without an indoor practice facility" should ring in everyone's ears.

I am not trying to sound like a candy ass, and save the "football is played outdoors" comments, but your athletes are fine tuned thoroughbreds and I never understood why you would want them fighting colds and such from practicing in shitty outdoor conditions when the weather is so poor. If you don't need it (say, it is in the 40s), then practice outside, but you don't get the same quality practices in wet, high winds, or extreme cold. You just don't.

Imagine the Bengals are playing the Colts at their field, and they have been practicing outside in crappy conditions and high winds. Do you think that will help them be prepared for the perfect climate inside Lucas Oil Stadium? Hell, no.

Invest in UC and the community, and have a real indoor practice facility available for your team. Do it.

I'd like us to have an indoor facility too, but a cold is a virus. It has nothing to do with outdoor activities. I'm always worried about strains and things like that... But realistically, during the NFL regular season (all we have to worry about til further notice) it's not exactly bone chilling cold in Cincinnati... But yeah; time to build the damn thing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 10:34 PM)jason Wrote: I'd like us to have an indoor facility too, but a cold is a virus. It has nothing to do with outdoor activities. I'm always worried about strains and things like that... But realistically, during the NFL regular season (all we have to worry about til further notice) it's not exactly bone chilling cold in Cincinnati... But yeah; time to build the damn thing.

It might not always "be stay inside no matter what" cold in Cincinnati in November and December, but it can get to the point where you need to dress warm or get sick, and we also want the players comfortable while practicing and preparing for games so they can be ready to perform at their best.  

The whole "practice in the weather you play in" theory is outdated and all the players have played in the elements by the time they get to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 10:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It might not always "be stay inside no matter what" cold in Cincinnati in November and December, but it can get to the point where you need to dress warm or get sick, and we also want the players comfortable while practicing and preparing for games so they can be ready to perform at their best.  

The whole "practice in the weather you play in" theory is outdated and all the players have played in the elements by the time they get to the NFL.

I know... I agree that they need one. But it's sorta funny that we're worried about the health of buffoons that think it's manly to play sleeveless when it's super cold on gameday. It's not manly. It just shows they don't have the good sense to come in outta the rain so to speak.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 11:20 PM)jason Wrote: I know... I agree that they need one. But it's sorta funny that we're worried about the health of buffoons that think it's manly to play sleeveless when it's super cold on gameday. It's not manly. It just shows they don't have the good sense to come in outta the rain so to speak.

I agree that it's stupid for anyone that's not carrying the ball, but growing up I always refused to wear sleeves to games because the ball slides out of the arms easier.  They do also have heaters on the sidelines, though, so it's not THAT bad for them to be on the field in short sleeves for a shorter period of time, but I agree that they're absolutely stupid for linemen to play sleeveless. 
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown: "We'll do it IF it can have freezing cold air piped in 24/7 so I can use it to keep my lifetime supply of frozen peas in it!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 04:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nice idea I agree be great to happen but the idea that a bubble win's fan don;t think that works but it might work in winning FA on the fence.. though Bengals do have one of the state of the art weight room, pool and MRI on site which is a perk for sure

A commitment to winning wins fans. Providing the players and front office with the tools to succeed, especially when measured against their peers, is part of that commitment. Only the most zealous homers can claim Mike and the Family have shown the same level of commitment that other ownership groups have. While the team has invested in a better weight room, the MRI, etc., the level of administrative support (personnel dept., scouting, etc.), perks and facilities the team provides its on the field product is bottom tier in the league. Mike has consistently tried to win on the cheap.

Lack of comparable practice facilities is just another example of his miserliness. While I agree an indoor practice facility is not a cure-all, it does provide an additional opportunity to maximize player health and condition, which ultimately provides a better chance of winning on Sunday. In other organizations this is a matter of course and was taken care of 15-20 years ago. In Cincy it’s still being dismissed or debated. Meanwhile, players run into gravel piles and suck in exhaust fumes from I-75.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 10:34 PM)jason Wrote: I'd like us to have an indoor facility too, but a cold is a virus. It has nothing to do with outdoor activities. I'm always worried about strains and things like that... But realistically, during the NFL regular season (all we have to worry about til further notice) it's not exactly bone chilling cold in Cincinnati... But yeah; time to build the damn thing.

Yes, I understand a cold is a virus, but it can have something to do with outdoor activities.  This is a common misconception.  Extreme cold conditions can suppress the immune system making one more susceptible to viruses, and even bacteria.  The other thing to consider is that in lower-humidity conditions, the most common cold-causing viruses survive better.  Ever hear of someone in Ohio getting "strep throat" in the summer?  

The ONLY reason not to build the damn thing is cost.  I'm sure this one would be open for some naming rights and, perhaps, UC could front some of the bill for the creation and upkeep as well.  It is an investment in your team and your community.  Build the damn thing and make it a really top notch unit.  Absolutely no down side.  
Reply/Quote
Fwiw, I dug up the old Mike Brown quote on the practice facility someone mentioned earlier.  Mike actually says he has a desire for one, just not as "keen" as Marvin Lewis.  What he's referring to in the quote is getting through the lockout before looking into it further.

"Marvin has a desire to have a practice facility. I have a desire, but probably not as keen... Right now, we’re faced with major issues in the National Football League, and those are at the front of our agenda. When we get through that, then we’ll have time to consider this issue."

Marvin also had a quote about it...

"It’s something that they’re in the process of trying to make some movement on at some point and when it happens, it happens,"

It's hard to believe, but these quotes are from 10 years ago.  This was right after Marvin finally signed his extension that had refused to sign previously.  There were rumors that he tons of demands before he would consider it, a practice facility was one of them.

Marvin Lewis' negotiations with the Cincinnati Bengals in early January were somewhat public, in that the publicity was based on subjective information that promoted more conjecture than anything truly sourced. Bengals owner Mike Brown wanted Lewis to return, and Lewis, who refused to sign an extension as far back as the 2009 season, wanted more; such as additional authority with coaching staff, personnel, an indoor practice facility, improved player personnel department -- you know, completely unrealistic expectations of a modern National Football League organization.

The one thing I think we can assume that Marvin did actually get in his negotiations was more say on his coaching staff.  Bob Bratowski was finally fired shortly after.  Bob Bratowski... that's how long ago this was.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 08:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You get very testy anytime anyone even implies the team is in the wrong.

You first response in this thread was literally “wELL wHEre ARe THeY gOINg tO PUt iT??!!

Like that’s the only reason we haven’t built one in 30 years. Give me a break.

Sure it was because.... and I'll type this slower this time so you can keep up,  t h i s    t h r e a d   w a s    a b o u t   t h e   o p p p o r t u n i t y  t o   b u i l d    a   f a c i l i t y    i n    c o n j u c t i o n   w i t h   t h e  B e a r c a t s,   b e t w e e n    P B S    a n d    t h e    c a m p u s .....
Reply/Quote